Looking for a bottom feed wood box mod options

Status
Not open for further replies.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
Well I am on the hunt for a decent bottom feed box mod. I would like to get some opinions on what is a good one out there. I am gonna put it on my Christmas list this yr and if I have to get one early I dont want to wait to the last minute. Right now I have a COV tank mod.I like it just want something new. What are your opinions of a 5v also compared to a 3.7.Thanks Another question I have is all you have to do is fill the tank with juice and vap correct theres nothing else to it? Thanks

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
... What are your opinions of a 5v also compared to a 3.7.Thanks Another question I have is all you have to do is fill the tank with juice and vap correct theres nothing else to it? Thanks

The tank stores the juice for you, but you have to occasionally feed the juice up into the atty. On mine, that's a gentle squeeze of the bottle (known as a 'squonk') about every 5 or 6 vapes (I take looonnnggg ones).

I have several REO box mods and there are a number of different models. They come in 2 sizes, in either all mechanical (aluminum) or wood. The larger model (the "grand") allows you to do 5v vaping (with the proper batteries) or 3.7v. 5v vaping generally gives more flavor and a warmer vapor.

Anything you could possibly want to know about them can be found on the Reo forum, here. The builder (Rob) who is very active on that subforum, has a web site here.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
There are a few really nice bottom feeders to choose from. I think some important questions for you are how many ml do you vape a day and are you going to use this primarily at home or take it out often? I have two, one for at home/all day vaping and one for taking out with me. The at home feeder is a wood Hog mod, holds a 6ml bottle and a 18650 3000mAh 3.7v or one of the 5v batteries or can even take two 3v batteries stacked for 6v vaping. The smaller one for taking out is a REO Mini, holds a 3ml bottle and a 14500 900mAh 3.7v battery. Personally, I don't find the Mini comfortable enough to hold for all day vaping nor does the battery or juice capacity last me all day, but it's wonderful for taking out and I know if I drop it, it will survive. The Hog mod is very comfortable to hold, holds exactly what I vape in a day and the battery (18650) will still be going into the next day. LR atomizers on this mod are fantastic. You do have to push the bottle to feed the atomizer or cartomizer, but other than that and filling your bottle/putting in your battery(ies), you're set to vape the life of the bottle and batt(s).

Besides the Hog and the REO mods, you might want to look at the VMod from Vapage, RedSky mods, The GRIP, Monkey Box. There is a very informative thread here on ECF about all the available bottom feeders...not all of them made it to the original post, such as the newer made Hog Mods.

These are my babies:

Hog mod (opening to push the bottle is on the back of this mod) and REO Mini

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Just gotta add -- The Phidias is a really well made 3.7 volt feeder mod.

Sorry, I just can't handle a thread about nice wood mods without bringing it up.

I've heard great things about quality of The Grip,too --- but they are a little big for my tastes.

Check out the above thread & be ready for some research!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread