Looking for a build recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimhere

Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hi everybody. I'm somewhat new to rbas and I've got a little issue here. I got this awesome setup with a stingray and a stillare. So naturally (for me) I went all out and built a .2 ohm dual micro coil build right out of the box. This build is awesome for flavor and vapor but I'm burning juice at an unbelievable rate and I feel like its giving me way less battery life. Also with a build like this and a copper mod, the atty heating up the entire mod keeps me from chain vaping, which is really my thing.

So does anyone have any recommendation on a nice, flavourful, all day build?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi everybody. I'm somewhat new to rbas and I've got a little issue here. I got this awesome setup with a stingray and a stillare. So naturally (for me) I went all out and built a .2 ohm dual micro coil build right out of the box. This build is awesome for flavor and vapor but I'm burning juice at an unbelievable rate and I feel like its giving me way less battery life. Also with a build like this and a copper mod, the atty heating up the entire mod keeps me from chain vaping, which is really my thing.

So does anyone have any recommendation on a nice, flavourful, all day build?

You're using 26 or 24 gauge.

Try 28 gauge, 1 ohm per coil.

I hope you have good batteries.

jimhere

Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hmm yeah I'm using 24g... How did you know? Lol. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give that a try. Also yeah, my batteries are a pretty good model. Sony vtc4's. With the current setup of .2 ohm I'm lasting about five hours from full charge. Does it seem that I'm draining too fast? Also if you don't know off the top of your head the vtc4's are 2100 mah

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hmm yeah I'm using 24g... How did you know? Lol. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give that a try. Also yeah, my batteries are a pretty good model. Sony vtc4's. With the current setup of .2 ohm I'm laying about five hours from full charge. Does it seem that I'm draining too fast?

I knew because you said you were using a mech so that means you're confined to 4 volts unless you use a kick which you're not using because you're going all the way down to 0.2 ohm;

and dual coil 0.2 ohm - that means 0.4 ohm coils

4 volts 28 gauge is about 1 ohm coils
4 volts 26 gauge I guess uses about 0.7 ohm coils
and 4 volts 24 gauge I guess uses about 0.4 ohm coils.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
No that is about typical for that length of vape time. Going up to about .5ohms like suggested above might give you about another hour vape time to 2 hours. Thing to remember also, resistance of your coil gives a relation of how much liquid you will burn also. About the area of 1 ohm is about 2x what you would burn in a high end tank like a Kayfun when on a dripper, .4 to below a full ohm, about 3x the liquid, .3 and below almost 4x the liquid.

My next question is in regards to why you are chain vaping so heavily? You coming from cigs/tobacco, or never touched nic before and just trying to be cool with the buddies? If you are needing this to quit smoking, quit with the just 0mg nic and at least bump up to a 3mg or 6mg nic for dripping, your body will tell you when enough is enough to satisfy its cravings. Just being one of the brahs vaping 0mg nic just for show, slow it down once the mod starts to get warm, even though it is 0mg nic, that much vapor consumption has yet to be proven good or bad for anyone.

Thanks for the response. Actually I'm coming off of cigarettes. I was a very heavy smoker and my habit at that time was light smoking for a couple of hours and chain smoke when I could. From there I used an MVP 2.0 and a nautilus using 18mg juice. Since switching to rda's I've cut it down to 3-6mg.
I think everyone here tinkering with rda's has had this issue at some point. Personally I have run .12 builds and I've dusted 15ml bottles in a day and a half. All of a sudden it was cheaper to smoke cigarettes! But I NEEDED that warm to hot throat hit to keep me off cigs. What to do? You have a couple options. You could start doing DIY juice for a much cheaper alternative. Or you could up your mg, and raise your builds to .6 - .8 (heavy smokers). Because many juices don't come between 6mg and 12mg, you could buy some nicotine for cheap and use a calculator to add some nicotine to your juice to make it the strength you want. Another option is to find a website like mt baker vapors, find a juice you like, and buy 236ml of it for like $45.

Hmm yeah I'm using 24g... How did you know? Lol. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give that a try. Also yeah, my batteries are a pretty good model. Sony vtc4's. With the current setup of .2 ohm I'm lasting about five hours from full charge. Does it seem that I'm draining too fast? Also if you don't know off the top of your head the vtc4's are 2100 mah

That battery life seems right to me. I'm usually at .35 or so with dual 24ga and I notice the battery starts to drop after 4 hours or so I guess? That's not chain vaping tho. And yes... sometimes my atty will get pretty damn hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread