Looking for a high performance 26650 mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
bay city Vapors BFM has a hybrid connection and no voltage drop and is tiny compared to other 26650 mods. i love mine and you can get the double stack tube with it. hard to imagine anyone needing more power than that. BCV has first rate customer service after the sale. i liked it so much i went back and bought the XXIX in full copper and a Brass Surfrider. good luck.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
If you wanna do serious cloud chasing, look for the dual 26650 vapor giant, or one of those new dual 26650 box mods. You wont find anything anywhere near as powerful right now.

I know you said no clones but if you ever get over this little phobia you can get a dual 26650 congestus mod from Fasttech for $37.

The vapor giant and congestus both have single 26650 set up options as well. I'm recommending dual 26650 mods as you said you already cloud chase so i'm assuming you know what you're doing - if you don't i'm not responsible if you blow yourself to pieces lol

Have a look at what 0.07ohms (not a typo) looks like on a dual 26650 mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzEIX8pQ7ug&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
bay city Vapors BFM has a hybrid connection and no voltage drop and is tiny compared to other 26650 mods. i love mine and you can get the double stack tube with it. hard to imagine anyone needing more power than that. BCV has first rate customer service after the sale. i liked it so much i went back and bought the XXIX in full copper and a Brass Surfrider. good luck.

2nd on the BFM....mine noticeably hits hard...but then again..as 2naphish stated...straight connection with battery, and it's copper..that makes a big difference compared to other 26650 mods out there..

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
There are now 26650 purple efests, 64A pulse, 32A continuous, who needs sony lol

I see too much nonsense and questions regarding Efests to completely trust them. I know my threshold for safety might be different than others... so of course YMMV.

Just saw this this morning: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...587759-purle-efest-18650-battery-warning.html

It seems there's often red flags popping up regarding Efests.. hence my reluctance to trust their specs. At least until they've been tried and proven reliable by others more risky and trusting than myself.

Also... those specs aren't a whole lot different than VTC5s and to me, I feel a hell of a lot safer using the sonys over anything efests given similar specs, just based on track record.

Last edited:

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I see too much nonsense and questions regarding Efests to completely trust them. I know my threshold for safety might be different than others... so of course YMMV.

Just saw this this morning: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...587759-purle-efest-18650-battery-warning.html

It seems there's often red flags popping up regarding Efests.. hence my reluctance to trust their specs. At least until they've been tried and proven reliable by others more risky and trusting than myself.

Also... those specs aren't a whole lot different than VTC5s and to me, I feel a hell of a lot safer using the sonys over anything efests given similar specs, just based on track record.

I picked up a handful of purples a while back and have had issues. I had one get very warm (120F+) and another had the negative contact partially collapse. This was under acceptable load conditions, as I won't push the limit of batteries. I used to race r/c cars way back and have seen people's abused battery packs go ballistic. My issues were enough for me to go running to Sony.

As for the mod, I got one coming. Can't wait!

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
I picked up a handful of purples a while back and have had issues. I had one get very warm (120F+) and another had the negative contact partially collapse. This was under acceptable load conditions, as I won't push the limit of batteries. I used to race r/c cars way back and have seen people's abused battery packs go ballistic. My issues were enough for me to go running to Sony.

As for the mod, I got one coming. Can't wait!

Yeah... i tend to just play it safe with regard to batteries. For an everyday vape, i find that .5Ω is more than sufficient. Anything beyond that is really "just because" for me...

Nice.. what mod did you decide on?

I usually will run the MNKE 26650 for their run time... but i'll throw in a VTC5 using a 18650 to 26650 battery converter if i want to push things a little bit. Kind of defeats the purpose, but it lets me play with my Hades/Cerberus until I feel comfortable about a 26650 battery.

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
vappower 26650 batts are great ones too they are 4200 mah and 40 amp cont. for a mod I have a copper kryptonite by silverwolf customs and its a beast, super heavy, thick copper, super thick beefy smooth spring in button, and low volt drop, also never gets hot or even warm for that matter cuz the button and topcap probly each weigh as much as a solid brass manhattan. You can also get the new copper 26650 manhattan that is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread