Looking for a hookah-like mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubusfc

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Wa
Hey everyone. I'm kinda new to e-cigs. I've never smoked cigs, but I really like hookah. I enjoy the lush clouds of smoke and sweet flavor. I'm getting into e-cigs because they seem much simpler and easier to set up than a hookah.

Currently I have an eGo twist. It's a knock off as well. It has shorted out on me twice so I'm looking to upgrade. My friend has a KTS and its really nice.

So, that being said, I'd like a mod that can give me nice thick clouds and is decently reliable. I also would like it to have adjustable voltage and maybe wattage as well. Looking for a setup for around $100.

Let me know of some suggestions. Thanks all.

Ps I'm also looking more things up as well.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with a Vamo V2/V3 and a good delivery mechanism like a Kanger Evod or a good carto-tank. Normally I'd also suggest a Kanger Protank, but I've found vapor production on that tends to need a perfect storm of a good juice, proper coils, etc. It's not a slouch, but if you're looking for absolutely huge clouds, I'd steer away from it unless you like fiddling with your gear.

As far as devices go, the Vamo V2/V3 are both good choices, as well as the iTaste SVD. (You can find a plethora of different prices for these mods online.) And for big hookah like clouds, its not only the device that determines the cloud size, its more the carto/atty/clearo that you are using. What you want to look for is something with a larger airhole, in order to achieve that lung inhale and large cloud. With a smaller airhole you wont be able to hit it like a hookah efficiently. Good Luck!

Cheers!

Incubusfc

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Wa
Hookah is basically a water pipe usually with multiple hoses. It comes from the middle east, where it's a social thing. After dinner you light one up and have a smoke, or with friends. They've become really popular in the last 5 years. I have two of them, a small single hose, and a larger 3 hose. We usually use them when friends are around and we're just relaxing. You smoke something called shisha in it. It's basically a tobacco with some kind of fruit or flavor mixed in with either honey or molasses. It has basically no chemicals in it, unlike cigs, very little to no tar, and little nicotine. Usually the cheap e-cigs or e-hookahs have .6mg nicotine. I believe shisha is around .5mg. Then again it depends on brand.

Anyways, with a hookah, you get huge thick clouds of smoke that don't hurt your lungs if done right (not burning)

I would say the biggest difference is that with hookah, you have smoke. It's a bit dry. But very flavorful. You can also have ice which makes the smoke nice and dense. It's really good with mint shisha. Vaping is, well, a vapor. You can feel the water in it. From my experience w vaping (very limited so far) its a bit more wet, but I haven't gotten the flavor that I'd like. And the clouds just aren't there yet. My friend has a nice mechanical mod + that's more of the direction I need to go.

I'm still looking into everything, but I kind of like the KSD Kmax mod. It looks good and it's a decent price. I'm going to pick up an Igo L for an atomizer. And still doing research on batteries as well. I know IMR are good.

dring219

Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Knoxville , Tennessee USA
The last electronic hooka 4 hose i saw they wes VV or VW or maybe both was almost 400 bucks . It came with 1 hose and each additional one was like 35 bucks or so . Each head unit , i guess that they are called , was just like a large hand held passthrough with its own push button activator . you still had to use some sort of atty on it too , it didnt include anything like a Vivi Nova or anything . Yje Hooka bottle was just a power supply and the hose was just a cover for the wires .

I have 2 - Vamo v2's , and absolutely love them , I also use Rebuildable Drip attys , ViVi Novas , Odysseus clone (Oddy) and several other attys including DCT's .
Good luck happ vaping , and sorry to hear about you messed up Spinners / Twists .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread