Looking for a new vape - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
us
I have been out of the game for a while and have just been using old mods/RTA's.

I am looking for suggestions on some of the best up to date mods as well as some of the best RTA that go with the mods.

Here is a little info...I usually vape at around 30-35 watts...

For the mod, I am looking for one that takes a single 1865 battery, is small in size, and is lightweight.

For the RTA, I am looking for a single coil DL tank....one that can hold at least 5ml of juice, can go with the mod suggested, and provides great flavor.

Can you guys please give me some suggestions? Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
us
Hi mate,
Have you considered something like a Billet Box? SXK Billet box...
Or similar? SXK Supbox Sevo 70W Box Kit

What is your budget?

Cheers
I
I would like to keep it under $150. It does not look like the billet box takes a single 18650 battery nor does it have an RTA tank? It also does not look like the supbox has a RTA tank?

Basically I am looking for a newer solid vape that uses a single 1865 battery as well as a good RTA tank that provides good flavor to go with that vape.

For example, I was looking at the VOOPOO DRAG X 18650 Mod Pod Kit. The one that takes a single 18650 battery, but I am not sure if that is a good vape or not? If so, I would then need a RTA tank that is compatible with that vape...

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As for the mod (what you are calling "vapes"), as far as small 18650 form factor, the Vaporesso Swag II mod is quite small and can accommodate modern tanks with a diameter of up to 26.5mm.

The Eleaf Pico 21700 mod is also small (but slightly larger than the Swag II) and takes both 18650 and 21700 batteries (adapter included to use 18650 and are widely available in case you lose it). It can accommodate tanks with up to a 25mm diameter.

I suggest you only buy mods that can accommodate larger than the legacy 22mm tanks because a lot of tanks (maybe even most) are over 22mm these days.

I can't suggest an RTA since you did not mention if you want single or dual coil or if you vape DL or MTL.

PS: My links above are to Fasttech in china because they give the best pics and specs. They may not be in stock or have the best price.

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2010
    us
    As for the mod (what you are calling "vapes"), as far as small 18650 form factor, the Vaporesso Swag II mod is quite small and can accommodate modern tanks with a diameter of up to 26.5mm.

The Eleaf Pico 21700 mod is also small (but slightly larger than the Swag II) and takes both 18650 and 21700 batteries (adapter included to use 18650 and are widely available in case you lose it). It can accommodate tanks with up to a 25mm diameter.

I suggest you only buy mods that can accommodate larger than the legacy 22mm tanks because a lot of tanks (maybe even most) are over 22mm these days.

I can't suggest an RTA since you did not mention if you want single or dual coil or if you vape DL or MTL.

PS: My links above are to Fasttech in china because they give the best pics and specs. They may not be in stock or have the best price.
    Thanks a lot... I am looking for a single coil and DL.

Do you happen to know anything about the VOOPOO DRAG X 18650 Mod Pod Kit and if it is any good, what RTA might work with it?

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Do you happen to know anything about the VOOPOO DRAG X 18650 Mod Pod Kit

I'd stay away from pod mods /, as they aren't usually designed for 510 connection without adapters

What @HigherStateD said.

While some pod mod systems might come with 510 adapters or have 510 adapters that are available through the manufacturer or from aftermarket manufacturers, the vast majority only use "pods", not 510 threaded tanks. Besides, such adapters can potentially cause issues and are not desirable IMHO. .

Pods are, simply put, tanks that have a proprietary, usually non-threaded connection (and are plastic). This is a manufacturer's wet dream being that you are beholden to them for tanks (aka pods) if you want to continue to use that mod.

If this is undesirable to you, stick with 510 mods and 510 tanks so you are free to choose which tank you use on your mod. But as I said, I'd stick with mods that take 25mm tanks as this will make them even more versatile.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    BTW: I can't suggest any modern single coil DL RTAs as all mine are old (2 years old or older and are hard to find). I just wanted you to state your preferences so as to help others help you better.

SUGGESTION
    : Edit your initial post to mention that you want a Single Coil DL tank. People who give suggestions will usually only read the first post and won't see that you are looking for single coil DL tanks.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you don't like top battery caps like the Picos and the Swags have, another mod I can suggest you look into is the Innokin Kroma-r mod. It is a well-built mod making it slightly heavier than other mods it's size.

Another mod that I consider small but doesn't have a top battery cap is the Vaporesso Armour Pro mod. It's ridiculously small considering it can house a 21700 battery (or an 18650). But good luck, it can be hard to find at a reasonable price anymore (that's my experience anyhow).

One more suggestion is the EHPro Cold Steel 100 mod. But that form factor isn't for everyone since is basically a hybrid of a tube mod and box mod. It's also quite heavy for it's size. Also, if you want temperature control, a lot of people complain about the temp control on the Cold Steel 100. I don't use TC so it doesn't bother me.

• Informative
    Reactions: Diver9543

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2010
    us
    If you don't like top battery caps like the Picos and the Swags have, another mod I can suggest you look into is the Innokin Kroma-r mod. It is a well-built mod making it slightly heavier than other mods it's size.

Another mod that I consider small but doesn't have a top battery cap is the Vaporesso Armour Pro mod. It's ridiculously small considering it can house a 21700 battery (or an 18650). But good luck, it can be hard to find at a reasonable price anymore (that's my experience anyhow).

One more suggestion is the EHPro Cold Steel 100 mod. But that form factor isn't for everyone since is basically a hybrid of a tube mod and box mod. It's also quite heavy for it's size. Also, if you want temperature control, a lot of people complain about the temp control on the Cold Steel 100. I don't use TC so it doesn't bother me.
    Thanks for the suggestions...it looks like the swag II is the smallest and lightest option so far... I guess I should have mentioned that I would also like the mod to be lightweight.

Mooseknuckle

ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2010
    us

Do you happen to know anything about the Teslacigs WYE 85W ?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Do you happen to know anything about the Teslacigs WYE 85W ?

Only that it has it's fanboys and haters just like any other mods. :D Personally I never liked the look of it or the dull rubber shell.

Thanks for the suggestions...it looks like the swag II is the smallest and lightest option so far... I guess I should have mentioned that I would also like the mod to be lightweight.

Well the Swag II definitely fits that bill. It's 40+ grams lighter than the original Swag even though it's a tiny bit larger.

BTW: The Swag II has a slightly rubberized coating on it. Hard to explain but it's a very thin, silky, rubbery coating. So it has grip, but not as much as something like the Aegis Solo or WYE mods. But I do see it wearing off over time (just a hunch, I have not used mine much to experience this yet). If you require/prefer a full rubber mod but like the Swag II, you might be able to find a silicone sleeve for the Swag II. Maybe. Fasttech has some but colors and stock are limited. Silicone sleeves seem to have gone out of style for the most part so finding them is tough. As far as I know there are no sleeves were ever made for the Pico 21700, for instance, also the Armor pro mods sleeves are hard to find except for ridiculously priced ones on Amazon, no sleeve for the Cold Steel, etc.

Reactions: Mooseknuckle

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    The Asmodus Colossal is a fantastic mod and Asmodus have a 60% off sale which brings the price down to only $18 shipped asMODus Colossal 80W Box Mod
    The Asmodus Tribeaut is also a great single 18650 mod and you can pick that up for $20 on sale asMODus Tribeaut 80W Box Mod
    Good luck:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread