Looking for a RBA clone, need some suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
Cloud City
Hey everyone,
I'm contemplating getting a new rba, due to financial reasons I cannot afford a legit one but would really like to get one to start messing with. Looking at either genesis style or kayfun but obviously there is so much more then just that. My roommate has a russian 91 clone by tobeco, I've tried it and its nice and all but I'm not sure if it is how he has built it, or if it's his preference, but the draw is very tight. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled with my drilled out rda's but I'd prefer a bit more air flow. Anyone have any suggestions for atomizers to look at??

Thanks in advance!

~stay cloudy~

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
If you want a wide open airflow like your drippers, you can use a genesis type and drill it out like you do with your drippers. The top chamber of a genesis atomizer is pretty much the same thing as the interior of an RDA, and the airflow works the same. The difference being that instead of dripping on the wick, the wick pulls juice up from the tank below.

SilentFox

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2014
Reno NV
Hey everyone,
I'm contemplating getting a new RBA, due to financial reasons I cannot afford a legit one but would really like to get one to start messing with. Looking at either genesis style or kayfun but obviously there is so much more then just that. My roommate has a russian 91 clone by tobeco, I've tried it and its nice and all but I'm not sure if it is how he has built it, or if it's his preference, but the draw is very tight. Maybe I'm a bit spoiled with my drilled out RDA's but I'd prefer a bit more air flow. Anyone have any suggestions for atomizers to look at??

Thanks in advance!

~stay cloudy~

I also recommend a kayfun style tank there epic. I have mine drilled out as i dont have the + version. As for gennies only ones i have experience with are the kraken and RSST. Kraken has airflow control which is amazing. My RSST I have drilled out to a 1/8 inch airhole my extreme sub ohm genny.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
The Taifun GT is a really great RBA, and fairly easy to build, one of the best features to me is the easy filling, which is just like an Evod. There is also the Kraken which has an awesome air flow control system that really works, and I don't know of a RBA that can out best its vapor production, which in on par with a drilled out RDA when both air holes are fully open.

If you want a Genesis style for cheap that you will not have to wait 2 weeks for, I would suggest the UD AGI from 101vape.com. I get a very wonderful vape with this as well, and I find the standard 1.2mm air hole on it to be perfect. The AGI also breaks down into a 22mm dripper which is also great.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
On the cheap
Works great
Adjustable Air Flow
Looks a touch odd

Rocket Atomizer
Internally this is a KayFun/Russian91% with Russian91% style air flow adjustment.

It claims Proprietary drip tip only, but I've already corrected that situation.

Ebay - $20-$35
Fasttech under $13 with free shipping

Land0Calrissian

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
Cloud City
I was about to buy a AGI but I saw a review saying you had to modify it because there's a huge voltage drop in the way they built it, (with some kind of spring). But I think your comments on the Kraken sold me

The Taifun GT is a really great RBA, and fairly easy to build, one of the best features to me is the easy filling, which is just like an Evod. There is also the Kraken which has an awesome air flow control system that really works, and I don't know of a RBA that can out best its vapor production, which in on par with a drilled out RDA when both air holes are fully open.

If you want a Genesis style for cheap that you will not have to wait 2 weeks for, I would suggest the UD AGI from 101vape.com. I get a very wonderful vape with this as well, and I find the standard 1.2mm air hole on it to be perfect. The AGI also breaks down into a 22mm dripper which is also great.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I was about to buy a AGI but I saw a review saying you had to modify it because there's a huge voltage drop in the way they built it, (with some kind of spring). But I think your comments on the Kraken sold me

That is on the older versions, with the old silver hot spring for the positive post ... this has been corrected with updated gold springs that do not present this problem. My AGI performs awesome, and it also comes with two extra gold hot springs for the center post. :)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Regarding Genesis atomizers, have you guys had trouble with leaks at all? Just thinking on how its build I feel like if it went on its side it would flood the compartment

You cannot lay most Genesis on their side, they were meant to remain upright, although there are some like the AGI and can withstand some laying down, but not for a super long time. The AGI comes with grub screws to fill the holes that are not in use, so it does not leak like a Kraken would. I do lay it down with out issue, but again I would not do so for an extended period of time. So if you need something that you can lay down, then a Genesis would not be a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread