Which RBA for first rebuildable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I realize this question probably comes up fairly frequently, but was having trouble finding the information I'm looking for via Search.

Current Setup:
hcigar Copper Nemesis
Boge LR Cartos in IBTanked tank
Sony VTC5s

Backup: MVP V1 and various eGo batts

I still love my cartotanks (reliability and ease of use is second to none in my experience), but am interested in finally getting in to something RBA.
I would prefer something with a tank (RTA?) but am confused by all of the various options out there.

Considerations:
Looking for taste and not cloud chasing
Likely looking at running something in the 1 - 2 ohm range (single coil)
Easier to build and relatively bullet-proof (I like fiddling and experimenting with things, but if I'm not in the mood I'd like something that just works)
Preferably < $100

I know there are a bunch of various Kayfuns, Russians, Taifuns, and then Genesis style. On first blush I like the idea of the Genesis style attys (w/ stainless mesh, not cotton), but am I asking for trouble using that as my first rebuildable?

I like the look of REOs as well, however right now I'm more interested in something to go with the Nemesis.

So let me have it! What would you advise as a first RBA if you had it all to do over again?

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
EHPro Kayfun Lite v2 if an RDA - easy to build, doesnt leak, ubiquitous so parts easily available..

RDA if you are are true flavor/taste chaser.. Nothing like them for conveneince (sans the tank) - build em, wick em, vape em

Edit - already beaten to it above :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
The Kayfun 3.1 has been more consistent, tastes better, easier to fill, and better air flow than the KFL+, though I dunno if the V2 is improved over the KFL+.
Eventually, you'll probably end up removing the air flow adjustment screws in either RBA, which leaves you with two in the 3.1, which accounts for the extra air flow, yet no leaks.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
The Kayfun 3.1 has been more consistent, tastes better, easier to fill, and better air flow than the KFL+, though I dunno if the V2 is improved over the KFL+.
Eventually, you'll probably end up removing the air flow adjustment screws in either RBA, which leaves you with two in the 3.1, which accounts for the extra air flow, yet no leaks.

The newest version of the EHPro KFL+ has 2 air holes. Haven't tried it as I like a tighter draw and am happy with the airflow on the original V2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread