Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m going to assume that using a squonker you know how to wrap your own coils. That doesn’t necessarily mean you want to though. If you want to buy coil cartridges the innokin zenith has a .8ohm coil option that produces a fairly restricted DL hit. It’s basically a MTL atty though so if you’re also looking for open air you won’t find it there.

As far as DL RTAs go there are many options. I personally am fond of the hybrid rta/rdtas with the centrally suspended chamber. These would include the suedes, the aromamizer, and the solomon2. There are quite a few others as well.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I’m going to assume that using a squonker you know how to wrap your own coils. That doesn’t necessarily mean you want to though. If you want to buy coil cartridges the innokin zenith has a .8ohm coil option that produces a fairly restricted DL hit. It’s basically a MTL atty though so if you’re also looking for open air you won’t find it there.

As far as DL RTAs go there are many options. I personally am fond of the hybrid rta/rdtas with the centrally suspended chamber. These would include the suedes, the aromamizer, and the solomon2. There are quite a few others as well.

Building my own coils is 2nd nature,but my work puts me in a spot where rebuilding isn't really an option
won't explain that either

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Building my own coils is 2nd nature,but my work puts me in a spot where rebuilding isn't really an option
won't explain that either
No need to. There is no need to know. The only reasonably modern coil cartridge system I’ve used is the zenith so it’s the only system o can remark on. It may or may not be what you want. What it does it does very well. It is emphatically not a large cloud open air atty though.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
It may or may not be what you want. What it does it does very well. It is emphatically not a large cloud open air atty though.

thanks .been at this 9 years and big clouds was never for me ,not even whenb i smoked !!
i had a dual coil phase but have been single'ing it for awhile as thats what i truly prefer
i vape so i don't smoke,plain and simple

Reactions: Izan

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
i've been a hardcore squonker for quite sometime and have fallen out of the tank loop

I need a 2-4ml tank that uses premade coils .8 or higher ?? whats out there

If all you have to say is Aspire this or that ?? don't bother and don't bother asking why either
MTL? I'd buy either the Nunchaku or the Cascade Baby. Both have great coils that work like a charm.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
thanks .been at this 9 years and big clouds was never for me ,not even whenb i smoked !!
i had a dual coil phase but have been single'ing it for awhile as thats what i truly prefer
i vape so i don't smoke,plain and simple
You might like it then. It’s a $35 gamble of course. The bright side is they’re in good demand at the moment so if it turns out you hate it you should be able to get a good portion of your money back on the used market.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

centrally suspended chamber ???
i can find nothing about the suedes or the solomon2

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
centrally suspended chamber ???
i can find nothing about the suedes or the solomon2
The Solomon 2 may already be out of production. It had some weird features like a gold plated interior and side mounting. Basically a hybrid rta/rdta is a device where the wicks dip into the tank like an rdta, but the vapor chamber is inside the liquid tank rather than on top of it. The aromamizer bill themselves as rdtas because the vapor chamber is actually right below the juice tank and there are slots that move the juice to the wicks. I find the design functions effectively the same though which is to say very well.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I have 2 tanks to recommend..

1st is a GreekVape Cerberus (Geek Vape Cerberus Sub-Ohm Tank | Vape Tanks)

The straight glass holds 4ml and the bubble glass holds 5.5ml (it comes with both). Don't pay any attention to the coils that come with it as you can scrap them as I have and use the SMOK TFV8 Baby coils (SMOK TFV8 Baby Replacement Coils | Vape Coils). I use the .6 (not quite the .8 you asked for but close) and those are rated for between 20-50 watts. They work great in the tank. It's an awesome tank, zero leaks and quick top fill...

Here is the tank on my Paranormal 250c. In this image the tank is outfitted with the bubble glass...

y5vj9-KQBQOmw-FWS9am-CTQg.jpg

Next up is a Wismec Elabo tank (Wismec Elabo Sub-Ohm Tank) The tank hold 4.6 ml and is also great with no leaks and a quick top fill... You can use the Wismec WS coils in it and they come in a few different ohm'd versions. You can get the WS's in 1.3ohm (WS04) or 1.8ohm (WS03)... (Wismec WS Replacement Coils | Vape Coils) I use the WS-M .27 in mine and those are rated for 30-60 watts. Obviously the higher ohm'd ones are rated for less wattage..

Photo of the Elabo on my Paranormal 250c

2el-Ddsah-REGTMOIs-OO6u-OQ.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
The Solomon 2 may already be out of production. It had some weird features like a gold plated interior and side mounting. Basically a hybrid rta/rdta is a device where the wicks dip into the tank like an rdta, but the vapor chamber is inside the liquid tank rather than on top of it. The aromamizer bill themselves as rdtas because the vapor chamber is actually right below the juice tank and there are slots that move the juice to the wicks. I find the design functions effectively the same though which is to say very well.

yea that doesn't sound like something i want to deal with ,i remember those type of tanks leaked if they weren't vertical ?

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Next up is a Wismec Elabo tank (Wismec Elabo Sub-Ohm Tank) The tank hold 4.6 ml and is also great with no leaks and a quick top fill... You can use the Wismec WS coils in it and they come in a few different ohm'd versions. You can get the WS's in 1.3ohm (WS04) or 1.8ohm (WS03)... (Wismec WS Replacement Coils | Vape Coils) I use the WS-M .27 in mine and those are rated for 30-60 watts. Obviously the higher ohm'd ones are rated for less wattage..

Photo of the Elabo on my Paranormal 250c

2el-Ddsah-REGTMOIs-OO6u-OQ.jpg

Good luck!

I'll be looking into that one,since i already have an armor ns pro which uses the same coils
thanks

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

Good luck!

I'm really confused, does the Elabo use threaded coils or not ? one site says non thread but your link says those work in the armor ns pro which uses threaded coils ? which is it ?? or are there 2 different styles of Elabo tanks

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I'm really confused, does the Elabo use threaded coils or not ? one site says non thread but your link says those work in the armor ns pro which uses threaded coils ? which is it ?? or are there 2 different styles of Elabo tanks

It uses and actually comes with both in the box.. One non threaded and one threaded coil. I am using the .27 mesh and they are threaded coils.

• Informative
Reactions: denali_41

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
It uses and actually comes with both in the box.. One non threaded and one threaded coil. I am using the .27 mesh and they are threaded coils.

picked up one today.thanks for the heads up
good thing is this uses the same coils as my other tank,armor ns pro that came with the "active kit"

Reactions: raqball
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread