Looking for a starter kit - Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was a 30+ year smoker. Tried to quit using nicotine gum/patches, prescriptions, hypnosis. Nothing worked, as I was back to smoking within 3 - 4 days.

I tried a disposable e-cigalike, njoy I believe. It wasn't great, but wasn't that bad either. Long story short, a got a starter kit. I knew no matter what I would get some very strong cig cravings.

I allowed myself to vape as much as I wanted. When I got a strong cig craving, I allowed myself half of a cig ... and put out the rest for the next craving. Worked out to about 4 whole cigs a day. Those half burnt butts tasted pretty bad, but that actually helped me to quit. Within a week of dual use, I developed a distaste for tobacco and never smoked/wanted another cigarette. I've been tobacco free for nearly 6 years.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper. Includes a video on the use of an eGo variable voltage battery/clearomizer and of the iStick and MVP mods.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices. Includes tips on clearomizer tanks to avoid flooding or dry hit issues.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
For a half a pack - pack a day habit, what quantity of nicotine mg would you recommend starting with? I was guessing 12 mg might suffice, but I am not entirely sure. Also, with regards to the PG/VG blend, I have read some people find the 70/30 much more tolerable then the 50/50. Any experiences with this? Thank you so much again for being so helpful everyone! I sincerely appreciate this.
Welcome and glad you joined.
50/50 is a good blend of clouds and a flavor intensity. I would give it a try being a new vaper.
For mouth to lung inhale, a higher nic content is more common for MTL.
Could read about common nicotine strengths in retail e-liquid:
The ECF Library
Electronic Cigarettes yield 90.5% nicotine vapor compared to traditional cigarettes.
Beginners, Listen – Words of Wisdom From 10 Master Vapers | Vape-Resource.com

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I concur about the innokin devices. Getting the T22 on the recommendation of another ecf member was one of the game changers for me. I have since acquired and been given other more sophisticated devices but the T22 is still in my rotation.

In the 6 months I have been vaping, I don't recall any physical withdrawal symptoms (psychological withdrawal is a different matter). I started at 24mg and have only recently begun to reduce my nic level. Twenty years ago I tried to quit cold turkey. Within a week, I was a raving lunatic. After ten days, I felt like I had dropped acid. Finally, people who had wanted me to quit were begging me to smoke again. And so I did.

Currently, I still dual use - I smoke 3 or 4 cigarettes per week. I haven't had a cigarette for four days. Down from 25/30 per day for close to 50 years.

Good luck and keep vaping whatever happens with the cigs.
Pretty hard to retire the T22, isn’t it? Lol. Did you get the SVD 2.0 up and running?

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Pretty hard to retire the T22, isn’t it? Lol. Did you get the SVD 2.0 up and running?

Yes. It is finally up and running as are a couple of other mods (joytech eGo's) that were generously given to me months ago. Got some 1.5 coils for the cubis tank that came with them. I am in low end vape heaven! The SVD is great - thanks for the tip on that one! I am really pleased with the way things are going.

So, from what I have read, you have moved on to provari mods. What's up with that? What are the advantages? I am not in the market for new vapes for months - but I will have to take a step up the ladder eventually.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Thank you so much for all of the responses. I am definitely vacillating between the Pico and the Endura. I love the form factor of the Endura. If two devices is advisable, maybe I will start with the Endura, and eventually graduate to a beefier device like the Pico for at home use.

I suffer from insomnia, I was up all night reading about e cigs lol. I read multiple threads from here about the health benefits of quitting smoking. I have never actually done much research on the recovery from smoking because I never thought I would go through with it. Reading how many people have had success is giving me some hope. Last month I had acute bronchitis for around 5-6 weeks straight, that is what has persuaded me towards this. I can not even fathom laying down to go to sleep at night and not hearing my lungs crackling and heaving. Or to be able to climb a set of stairs without being winded. I am also curious about smells and tastes that are completely dull to me now.

I am actually ecstatic right now. I am so excited. I am on a fixed income, so I am also looking forward to saving $$$ if I shop accordingly within budget. I also suffer from a form of mental illness, so I am curious if quitting may affect that as well. I won't be able to purchase until the start of next month, so I will continue doing ample research.

For a half a pack - pack a day habit, what quantity of nicotine mg would you recommend starting with? I was guessing 12 mg might suffice, but I am not entirely sure. Also, with regards to the PG/VG blend, I have read some people find the 70/30 much more tolerable then the 50/50. Any experiences with this? Thank you so much again for being so helpful everyone! I sincerely appreciate this.

Firts off, Hi, and welcome to the forums.

I was a pack a day user for 20 years, and quit via Ecigarettes. Here's some quick and dirty things I think you should know.

1st.. there is no vape that tastes exactly like a cigarette. Don't even try looking, They all have a sweet taste to them, with a hint of tobacco. If you come to that conclusion early, then it'll save you time and frustration later on. Look for something that tastes good. If you can, try visiting your local vape shop if they allow samples.

2nd, Chances are, you WILL want to smoke eventually when you switch to vaping. It's ok, you didn't fail... just vape until you HAVE to have a cigarette, then smoke one, or a half of one, then continue vaping. Vaping helps prolong the time between cigarettes at first.. then work on getting the time between cigarettes longer and longer.

3) After a while of vaping, you will start getting more phlem than usual. It's not the Ecig that's causing it, it's your lungs clearing the excess tar. I have seen others (including my sister) think they were allergic to it and switched back to smoking.... Don't. Keep vaping... it dissapears after a while, then you'll have almost no phlem and the smokers cough will be gone. If you feel irritation, you might have an allergy, but if it's just phlem... keep vaping.

4) Vaping takes some getting used to. Vapor is denser than smoke. Your best bet is to get a small mod that you can vary the wattage and airflow. As you get more used to vapor you can slowly open the airflow and wattage up some. This is why I like to recommend the pico.

5) Buy a backup. Someone mentioned earlier to buy one, and they're right. You don't want to be caught without a vape wile it's charging.. you might decide to smoke a cig while you wait. Also, if you can't find one... say you left it in the coat pocket without realizing, you know where your backup is.

6) Vape shops are more expensive, but you're paying for more than just the mod. You're paying for convenience and knowledge. Ask them questions about what they sell. Vape shops will be more expensive... sometimes twice more... but, they have a smaller customer base compared to a global one via the internet. Just don't think of them as ripping you off. If you suspect they are, feel free to ask here. Most of us will know where to get it cheaper, but I still recommend doing some purchasing at a Vape shop to keep them open.

7) Enjoy vaping. If you find it fun, feel free to explore.. there's a lot more to vaping than what most people see. If you like going matchy-matchy.. then do so. If you like tinkering, then get a mod that allows that. As long as you're having fun vaping, you're not smoking.

Well, I hope that helps.. If you have ANY questions, feel free to ask. As you can see, I recommend the Pico for the ability to change the power... Also, the coils should be easier to find.. even locally.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Yes. It is finally up and running as are a couple of other mods (joytech eGo's) that were generously given to me months ago. Got some 1.5 coils for the cubis tank that came with them. I am in low end vape heaven! The SVD is great - thanks for the tip on that one! I am really pleased with the way things are going.

So, from what I have read, you have moved on to provari mods. What's up with that? What are the advantages? I am not in the market for new vapes for months - but I will have to take a step up the ladder eventually.
I sent you a PM. Go look.

Promentory

Feb 7, 2018
Ontario, Canada
This community is awesome. Thank you so much for all the advice and reading material. I am actually going to order the Pico 25 tomorrow or monday :D. For now I will just use the Pico, and plan to order a battery kit and charger. I am going to keep a pack of cigarettes on hand, and try what was mentioned about smoking half a cigarette if I get cravings. Last year I was hospitalized for a couple weeks, and I remember vividly having my first cigarette when leaving. It tasted like complete junk and made me feel terrible. I can't wait to get back to that point.

I thought my girlfriend would be excited about this, but all she keeps talking about is how someone told her the vapor causing cancer blah blah. She is a smart girl, but she is not capable of critical thinking when it comes to some subjects and follows a herd like mentality.

Again thank you! Tomorrow I am going to check out one or two of the local shops. I don't mind paying a premium and supporting local business as long as they are not purposefully ripping off customers. I am actually excited about trying different juices. To be honest, I do enjoy the taste of cigarettes, but not finding a flavor that tastes similar is a non issue for me. As long as it takes the cravings away I will be a happy camper.

I'll update the thread tomorrow or early next week. It's been awhile since I've been excited about something.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't know of any online resources for Canada. Hopefully someone will suggest some.

HTB1cxYdKXXXXXX5XVXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg

May I suggest the Efest LUC V4 charger above. It has 4 charging bays (allows room for you to grow as you add to your mod arsonal), a nice display screen, and is in the lower end of quality chargers price-wise. For batteries, I suggest any of the 18650 20A - 25A batteries recommended by Battery Mooch below:

866aca6f-423d-48c2-945c-027281063878-jpeg.715477

(click on image to enlarge)​

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Can anyone recommend a source that sells the atomizer for the pico 25. Also, a battery kit (2 with a charger). I ordered the pico 25, and it should be here next week sometime! Location Canada.

Hi.

I do the Canadian things around here.
https://www.dashvapes.com has batteries, chargers, ELLO replacement coils. FREE SHIPPING.

Check out their overstock juice. It's ~50% off but what gets on that list is random. It's a great way to try out dozens of flavours on the cheap.

Also check out their Start Your Journey button. They give a free starter kit if you spend $50 more on eliquid (you would be buying this from a store anyways), and they throw in an extra bottle of in house juice.

For regular juice orders go to www.bargainejuice.ca - They have 120ml bottles for $15. Miranda, SKW, Strawberry Ice Cream, and Circle Loops V2 are the most popular. I order ~ 720ml of juice from there a month. Don't let the price fool you. This competes with 'premium' juices. I prefer it over 90% of the $30/60ml juices they sell in stores.

The Vaporist - for more premium juices. They also sometimes have great deals on hardware. A couple weeks ago they had voopoo drags for $45 CAD.

Evaperated Liquids - Another great site for premium juices and hardware.

campbellcoilcompany - For amazing hand made coils.

If you're near the GTA don't be afraid of ordering from www.fasttech.com - Ships out of China. Once it hits Canada it takes ~1-2 days for it to show up in my mailbox. CBS in Mississauga is super fast. Make sure to pick epacket shipping, costs ~$1. Wouldn't order until after Chinese New Years since they shut down for that holiday.

I'm in Kitchener. If I order from dashvapes, or any other GTA retailer, my shipment gets to me the day after. I.e. I order something at 7AM on Monday, I get it on Tuesday.

I don't know where you are, but my favourite B&M store by far is bullfrog vapes. If you're looking for something exotic they have hook ups and will special order whatever you need (they managed to find me a special edition sriracha hexohm v3!!!!). Often the prices are very similar to online so I also get tanks/cotton/wire from there when needed. Especially tanks I can't get from fasttech.

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
This community is awesome. Thank you so much for all the advice and reading material. I am actually going to order the Pico 25 tomorrow or monday :D. For now I will just use the Pico, and plan to order a battery kit and charger. I am going to keep a pack of cigarettes on hand, and try what was mentioned about smoking half a cigarette if I get cravings. Last year I was hospitalized for a couple weeks, and I remember vividly having my first cigarette when leaving. It tasted like complete junk and made me feel terrible. I can't wait to get back to that point.

I thought my girlfriend would be excited about this, but all she keeps talking about is how someone told her the vapor causing cancer blah blah. She is a smart girl, but she is not capable of critical thinking when it comes to some subjects and follows a herd like mentality.

Again thank you! Tomorrow I am going to check out one or two of the local shops. I don't mind paying a premium and supporting local business as long as they are not purposefully ripping off customers. I am actually excited about trying different juices. To be honest, I do enjoy the taste of cigarettes, but not finding a flavor that tastes similar is a non issue for me. As long as it takes the cravings away I will be a happy camper.

I'll update the thread tomorrow or early next week. It's been awhile since I've been excited about something.

...read what Dom said.. I don't know of any sources in Canada... I am a bit south of ya. :)

I can relate to hearing stuff like what your girlfriend says. I hear the same thing about it. The only thing I can recommend, is for you to do the research for your own peace of mind. I don't want to sound like someone that normally wears a tinfoil hat complaining about how the government is doing chem trails in the sky and implanting tracking chips in our breakfast cereal, but I do sense that there is a lot of confusion on Ecigarettes. I have learned that the media is geared towards the "wow" factor, so expect them to report on any research made that might alarm someone. However, if you actually start digging past that report, and start looking at how the research is actually done, you'll see over and over that the research is skewed to make headlines.

Let me do some quick googling for "ecigarettes are bad research", and it came up with this report as the #1 hit. if you actually read it, it even says the studies are flawed in the fact that most test subjects were former smokers, and it was dificult to say if their results are solely on the ecigarette. But, the headline is made, which is what most people read. The second result is about increased cardiovascular levels, and again, was a small and very limited study. This one I actually believe in, but they don't compare that to.. say.. caffeine which does the same thing on a larger scale. But again, it's a negative one. The third result actually says Ecigs are much safer. I had to skip down a few results since most of them say it's safer, but this type of article is one that infuriates me. For one, it doesn't cite any research, but it's all based on what "could" be according to an expert. Yes, they say that any inhalation devices will be attacked by the body incuding Ecigs.. well, I agree with that, but common sense would tell me that smog does the same thing. But further down, they also claim that the flavorings are used to target children.... Later, he says that lozenges and patches are a safer way because they can be calculated and monitored.... Well, Ecigs can be calculated and monitored as well.. just read the MG/ML on your juice.. you vape 10mg of 6mg/ml juice in a day. That means you inhaled 60mg of nicotine that day. That sounds pretty calculateable to me.

In either case.. those are the studies she hears about. Very few people report on good news unless it's outstandingly good news. 1 article of saying someone thinks Ecigarettes are bad will attract more readers than 20 news articles about doctors performing life saving surgeries., so they report the bad articles, and that's what people read. It is a business after all, but unfortunately, a business that can do harm to something that has a great potential of saving millions of lives. You'll hear more and more about people who have "heard this" or "heard that".... but do your own research and find out the actual studies on what ecigs are all about.. they're much much MUCH safer than smoking.

Promentory

Feb 7, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Thank you batitude! And thank you Dom!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I live up north in sudbury, so I imagine shipping times would be very similar for me as for you.

Canvape cancelled my order, my parents had ordered it for me. But we put in my address for the shipping. Apparently you can not use two address for your first order. So we reordered yesterday, a few more days with analogues! I will also order the batteries, atomizers, and some juice today. So when everything arrives, I can retire my analogs! Or at least put them on the shelf, and on grab half at a time if needed.

With regards to NealBJr, It took me a whole 5 minutes to do some google searches that I showed my girlfriend.

I basically showed her this "Tobacco smoke is made up of more than 7,000 chemicals, including over 70 known to cause cancer (carcinogens)." and she immediately agreed that I should try the ecigarettes lol.

Thank you for posting all that. Intriguing stuff to read.

EDIT: With regards to the battery, all I can see is "Works with single 18650 battery, the iStick Pico 25 is capable of outputting a maximum power of 85W."

How do you choose a brand and the "MAH"? I apologize for being such a noob with sooooo many questions. Thank you.

I am really sorry Dom. If there is a PM function, do you mind sending me a message? I am a little confused with shopping for spare atomizers and battery's. I really don't want to order the wrong ones... I feel like a dummy right now. I could also provide my email if that is allowed?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you batitude!
EDIT: With regards to the battery, all I can see is "Works with single 18650 battery, the iStick Pico 25 is capable of outputting a maximum power of 85W."

How do you choose a brand and the "MAH"?
Actually, the answer can be found here Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping. The best batteries available worldwide come from Lg, Samsung, and Sony. Brands that are known to also make televisions. All the other brands are what are called aftermarket or "re-wrappers" who usually exagerate their specifications.

Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

• Learn what a rewrap cell is. If you are using rebranded cells, does that mean it is inferior, poor quality, or even dangerous? Which batteries are suspected to be rebranded batteries?
For vaping purposes, the amp rating (CDR or continuous discharge rate) is actually more important than the "mAh" rating. For regulated mods like the Pico, you can follow the info below. Basically, the amp rating coincides with the watts the battery is capable of providing:

WATTAGE PER SINGLE BATTERY:

20W-45W:
Samsung 18650 30Q, 3000 mah 15 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC6 3000mAh 15 amp CDR
20W-60W:
LG 18650HG2 3000mah 20 amp CDR
LG 18650HE2 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Samsung 18650-25R, 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5, 2600 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC4, 2100 mah 23 amp CDR
AW 18650 3000 mah 20 amp CDR
30W - 75W:
LG 18650 HD4 2100 mah 25 amp CDR
LG 18650 HD2 2000 mah 25 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5A, 2500 mah 25 amp CDR
60W - 90W:
LG18650HB6 1500mah 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB2 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB4 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
So if the Pico is capable of 85 watts, and you plan to vape at the full 85 watt setting, a battery like the LG HB6 would be an appropriate choice. However, it has only 1500 mAh, meaning it has half of the capacity of a 3000 mAh battery. You'll only get half the vape time per battery with a 1500 mAh battery compared to a 3000 mAh battery.

Just because your mod can put out 85 watts doesn't mean you will vape at 85 watts. If you vape at 30 watts, the Samsung 30Q 3000 mAh will be more than sufficient and provide you with longer battery life per charge. If you vape at 40 watts, a Lg HG2 3000 mAh would be sufficient and provide longer battery time. If you vape at 60 watts, the Sony VTC5A 2500 mAh would be sufficient and give more battery time than a 1500 mAh battery.

Can you smell what I'm cooking here? You won't need a 30 amp battery if you are only going to be vaping at 30 - 40 watts.

Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Thank you batitude! And thank you Dom!!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I live up north in sudbury, so I imagine shipping times would be very similar for me as for you.

Canvape cancelled my order, my parents had ordered it for me. But we put in my address for the shipping. Apparently you can not use two address for your first order. So we reordered yesterday, a few more days with analogues! I will also order the batteries, atomizers, and some juice today. So when everything arrives, I can retire my analogs! Or at least put them on the shelf, and on grab half at a time if needed.

With regards to NealBJr, It took me a whole 5 minutes to do some google searches that I showed my girlfriend.

I basically showed her this "Tobacco smoke is made up of more than 7,000 chemicals, including over 70 known to cause cancer (carcinogens)." and she immediately agreed that I should try the ecigarettes lol.

Thank you for posting all that. Intriguing stuff to read.

How do you choose a brand and the "MAH"? I apologize for being such a noob with sooooo many questions. Thank you.

I am really sorry Dom. If there is a PM function, do you mind sending me a message? I am a little confused with shopping for spare atomizers and battery's. I really don't want to order the wrong ones... I feel like a dummy right now. I could also provide my email if that is allowed?

there is no reason to apologize for asking questions about ecigarettes on this forum, that is exactly why we're here. Most of us have been through what you're going through, and wish to help others and connect to others to share information. I, myself, was a former smoker of 20 years, and switched to vaping about 5 years ago. I had my doubts like you, and I had my own questions. I mainly lurked for a while, but I did a LOT of reading. I was constantly pointed to this forum when I googled questions about Ecigarettes, so I joined. Now, I mainly read the new members forum for the sole reason of helping others and to answer questions.

Asking questions is a good thing. Never feel afraid to ask a question on this forum. Even if you think it's a stupid one, or a "noobish" one, we've all wondered the same thing ourselves at one time or another. That's what we're here for. You asking the right questions. Please ask more. :)

And @Baditude has become the forums unofficial battery expert IMO... There are certain batteries that are HIGHLY recommended for vaping with. The only thing I can add to baditude's recommendation, is to buy batteries from a reputable vendor, and avoid Ebay. Lithium Ion batteries are not the aspect of ecigarettes I would go solely on price. Buying cheap batteries could put the ecigarettes in the same light as the other cheap battery situations as some laptops and hoverboards.. cheap batteries can explode.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Can you smell what I'm cooking here? You won't need a 30 amp battery if you are only going to be vaping at 30 - 40 watts.

Worth pointing out here that the HW1 and HW2 coils (for the ELLO tank) have suggested max of 60W and 65W.

Personally i'd use a LG HG2 on it, good for 60W.

Promentory

Feb 7, 2018
Ontario, Canada
One more quick set of questions, then I can let the thread die and start doing my own reading when I need my questions answered. Also, I believe my pico 25 is coming in today :D.

So as per some recommendations, I have decided to order the LG H2. I can not afford to splurge right now, so I am only ordering one. I will charge it through the unit. I just started working again, so when I can afford it I will pick up another battery and a charger.

I was looking at buying a kit of 5 replacement coils, just so I have them on hand. The dashvapes site dom qp recommended carries them, and they are a one stop shop for everything else I need so I decided I am going to order on there. Now there are 3 different types for the Eleaf. My guess it with the pico 25 and the LG H2, I am going with the HW2. The watts ranges from 30-70W. So with my setup I can go from 30-60W with my setup? Is my logic correct?

And my final question. Has anyone ever tried the brand NUMRLS? They have a cheap combo pack of two. Both are highly rated. It has a 70VG%-30PG%. I know eventually I will want to pick up more. But for the price this seems fair. One of my questions is, and I know this is subjective but, whats a safe bet number for the mg of nicotine? Based on my research, for my half a pack day habit I was looking at around 10-12 mg. But in the reviews of some ejuice, some people say the nicotine mg content can really mess with the flavor. Is 10 mg a safe place to start? I've only been smoking around 10-12 cigarettes a day lately. And I was also planning on buying a small "sweet" ejuice, so if the N1 and N5 are a little potent, I could mix in say pineapple, or some other sweet flavor.

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You could try starting at 10 mg/ml if you wish. If it doesn't work, you can always add more nicotine with the right juice calculator. Personally, I might start higher, but it really depends on you, how you react to vaping, and etc.

You probably will not get fantastic battery life on any single mod (including the pico) if you plan on vaping 60 watts. That's rather near the highest limit the mod can fire at. I'm not saying you can't do it, but consistently running a battery near it's highest safe limit will stress it (and the mod). I would also be prepared to buy more batteries sooner rather than later, as I rather doubt a single battery will give you an all day vape. However, if you stay a bit lower, like 40 watts, you may do fine, depending on how much and how often you vape.

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...there are 3 different types for the Eleaf. My guess it with the pico 25 and the LG H2, I am going with the HW2. The watts ranges from 30-70W. So with my setup I can go from 30-60W with my setup? Is my logic correct?
Pretty much spot on. The tank is called the Ello, and the wattage range for the HW2 coils is 45-60 watts. Keep in mind this is a suggestion and not written in stone.

ELLO Coils Family
  • HW1
    • Single Coil
    • 40-80W
    • 0.2Ω
  • HW2
    • Dual Coil
    • 45-60W
    • 0.3Ω
  • HW3
    • Triple Parallel
    • 50 to 130W
whats a safe bet number for the mg of nicotine? Based on my research, for my half a pack day habit I was looking at around 10-12 mg. But in the reviews of some ejuice, some people say the nicotine mg content can really mess with the flavor. Is 10 mg a safe place to start? I've only been smoking around 10-12 cigarettes a day lately. And I was also planning on buying a small "sweet" ejuice, so if the N1 and N5 are a little potent, I could mix in say pineapple, or some other sweet flavor.
For e-liquid, the typical nicotine recommendations are generally determined by how much you smoked, and are as follows:

1/2 pack per day or less = 6 mg nicotine
1 ppd = 12 mg
1 1/2 ppd = 18 mg
2 ppd = 24 mg​

Figure on consuming at least 3 - 5 ml of liquid daily. Bottles are usually 10 or 30 ml volume.

Nicotine may or may not have a "peppery" flavor to it. The higher the nicotine content, the more this peppery taste will be noted. The less nicotine in the flavor, the less peppery flavor will be noticed.

You could add some zero-nic eliquid to dilute the nic down.

Last edited:

Promentory

Feb 7, 2018
Ontario, Canada
This is the part that is confusing to me. The pico can go up to 85 W. Until I have the unit in my hands, how do I even know what wattage I will be vaping at lol. And of course, depending on the wattage I vape at, that dictates the batteries I buy and the coils I buy. Arrrgh!

Edit: I suppose it's all trial and error. I am going to bite the bullet and order what I intend to. Starting next week with a steady paycheck coming in I can start experimenting shortly. Thank you for all the help!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread