Looking for advice- high vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

etma

Moved On
Feb 7, 2019
Hi,
Looking for advice from high vg or 100% vg vapers. Tried a search but couldn’t find anything specific. For coil material and cotton, maybe juice too.(Heard is personal preference, just looking for a starting point)

While I wait for my order to arrive for dna 75mod, a rta and a rdta. ( OFRF Gear RTA and Oumier wasp nano RDTA) [open to recommendations] I figured I might as well ask what your experiences with some coil materials and cotton.

My current set up is an iStick Pico 25 with a iSub-B plex3D (.35 ohms) can’t really go above ~44watts (pre heat to ~32.5 watts to gain slight flavor... can only vape Velvet Cloud Mt. Shasta Frost on it, everything else is just dull) before I get some dry hits, (should of watched DJLSB Vapes review before ordering) and a ello atomizer with kenthal mesh (.20 ohms HW-N) can go all the way up to 85 watts for warmth but pre heat to 44 watts to get some depth in flavor. Used to have the single coil (.20 ohms eleaf HW1 SS) and really enjoyed it, since trying out some single coils rta and rdta.

I also have an innokin eq for emergencies (nic salts... 50/50 wished it was 100 VG nic salts) even though is lower wattage can get some slight warm vape out of it. (MTL .5 ohms 13.5W or 15.5W)

Open to suggestions.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I make my own ejuice. 85vg/15 pg. I only use rayon for wicking. I use nichrome80 .9mmx.3mm rectangle wire claptoned with 36g SS 316L. Sometimes I'll use fused claptons. I use 24g SS 316L single wire spaced coils when I want to use temp control. I haven't used RTAs in a long time. I'll use RDTAs once in awhile. I mostly use RDAs either dripping or squonking. It's to the point anymore just give me my mech mod and dripper. Simple and easy.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I vape 100%VG myself. Mostly just for simplicity. Any RBA should take 100% VG just fine. It’s only the really small stuff or some coil cartridges that seem to have any issues with it. The stuff is a good deal more viscous than mixed bases so filling a device from a smaller spout can take some additional time, and frantic chain vapers may overload the ability of the cotton to transport juice briefly. Also priming tends to be important. The thicker juice leans a bit harder on capilary action for transport.

As far as wick and wire go though no real changes that I know of.

• Agree
Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread