Looking for advice on RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxracer

Feb 4, 2014
United States
Its been quite a while since I have been on ECF, and I am hoping to be able to draw non the experience of the community to help make a decision on which of the solid RTAs I have seen around recently would be best for me.

For the last 2-3 years I have been exclusively running a DNA40 with a Velocity rda. I just got fed up with a bunch of the crap tanks that came out around that time and nothing could come close to the flavor from the Velocity.

Recently I have been running kanthal ribbon wire dual coils running ~1ohm because I get great battery life with this setup. I am planning on getting a DNA250c mod sometime soon and I would like to get an RTA to use with SS316 ribbon wire. I have been looking at the Pharaoh Mini, and the Kylin mostly but am very open to suggestions. Price wise I'm hoping to stay in the sub $40-50 range.

Edit: Guess I should say that I'm only looking at single coil setups just for the simplicity and consistency with TC.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
30mm would be a bit big, I am not 100% yet but i have been leaning towards the Lost Vape Paranormal 250c. I think the V2 Aromamizer would fit reasonably well but I haven't checked out a review of them yet.

I have the Atomizer V2 and the Supreme. Both have awesome flavor but I use them at around .5 ohms with a warm vape.

• Useful

tuxracer

Feb 4, 2014
United States
I have the Atomizer V2 and the Supreme. Both have awesome flavor but I use them at around .5 ohms with a warm vape.

That's very good to know I hadn't looked much in to the convertible atomizers until now. A velocity style deck is a big plus since I am very used to building on the platform.

tuxracer

Feb 4, 2014
United States
The Aromamizer Supreme v2 looks good but I can't seem to find a good deal on them.

The Zeus looks like a good fit and I'm sure I can figure the postless deck situation.

I whould suggest to go with a top airflow rta for the no leaking feature i.e. obs engine,( there is a new one coming out next month i think) juggernaut, Digiflavour themis etc etc

I'd like to throw the Wotofo Bravo, VandyVape Kensei, Augvape Boreas V2, or Reload RTA into the ring.

I don't have any experience with them, they all seem like solid dual coil tanks. I've never used TC on dual coils but I feel like it might be a chore to get them even. Anyone have experience with TC/Replay on dual coils?

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
The Aromamizer Supreme v2 looks good but I can't seem to find a good deal on them.

The Zeus looks like a good fit and I'm sure I can figure the postless deck situation.

I don't have any experience with them, they all seem like solid dual coil tanks. I've never used TC on dual coils but I feel like it might be a chore to get them even. Anyone have experience with TC/Replay on dual coils?

All the above mentioned are excellent rtas i think you have to prioritize you needs like:
if you want it for outside use, if you like clouds, if you like flavor more, if you want something stealthy.
Don't worry about dual coils they are not that fiddly as you may think.

to summarize:
if you want something to carry around in your pocket with no worries go for a top airflow rta.
if you want the best performance go with dual coils and probably use exotic coils.
if you want something more relaxed go with a single coil.
I rarely use TC, because i personally prefer kanthal. There is nothing to it especially if you have a good mod (dna chips are awesome for this). just use the appropriate metal for your coils select the preset and you are good to go.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I never had problems with dual spaced coils in TC, especially if I used simple round wire. Claptons worked good as well.
Very complex wires needed a bit more tweaking though.
But I switched back to N80/Kanthal some time ago, so I'm no longer in the TC-game anymore.

Thanks. Glad I came in here. TC is my sweet spot and I've just decided to see if I could double sweetness that with clapton TC and wasn't sure if it would throw it off any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread