Looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I wanted to gauge the advice of members here on a thought I had.

As I begin to run low on nicotine juice, a thought has come over me to switch to non nicotine juice.

I know I have been vaping for about a month, but I have been wondering what "basics" would be required to mix DIY no-nicotine juice.

I have diluted nicjuice I currently use with PG before, but not store bought, so I am somewhat familiar with using it. But the Lorann flavors have me wondering if a mixture of only PG liquid and Lorann Flavoring would be the "basics" required to vape non nicotine juice.

As I said, I know I may still be new to this, but knowledge is power, the more I can learn, the more I can make a better decision on what route I wish to take.

Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Cranking the volts up to near juice burn helps simulate the Throat Hit lost from no nic. Thats the biggest drawback, the complete loss of TH. PGA (Everclear is my choice) will pump the TH also, as will 100% PG. Careful with the %PGA though. Most the nicotine you buy from suppliers is dilute with PG or VG, so eliminating the nic is not a big deal, just supstitue PG or VG in your calculations for the nic.

The mental impact is also tough. If you KNOW you just mixed a bottle of 0 nic juice, it will bug you vaping it. Once you get a mix that hits the same, mix up nic ones with no nic ones. Hard to tell the difference then, but you always think you are vaping 0 nic, even if you are not. Its a Mind Boggler.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
See I'm getting to the point now where vaping no nic won't bug me. But all the calculators I have found so far calculate nic juice or a PG/VG mix. I want to find one that shows tHe calculations for 100% PG and flavoring only let's say.

I have a great calculator I found online. It's the one with the cherry as the icon (not near my computer) but if I say no nicotine and 100% PG, it yells at me lol.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
See I'm getting to the point now where vaping no nic won't bug me. But all the calculators I have found so far calculate nic juice or a PG/VG mix. I want to find one that shows tHe calculations for 100% PG and flavoring only let's say.

I have a great calculator I found online. It's the one with the cherry as the icon (not near my computer) but if I say no nicotine and 100% PG, it yells at me lol.

eJuice Me Up - e-Juice e-Liquid Recipe Calculator
Here is the calc I use, its supper easy.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

That would be the one I was trying to mention. It doesn't like it when I calculate juice with no nicotine.

But it thank switched for his message, I was hoping it could be that easy....

Btw, I live in the Toronto area of Canada, any good recommendations on places that sell great quality PG

ncvaping

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
look here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-calculator-added-quantity-calculations.html
Look at the first post in this thread.
Scuba's calc is great.
It is an excel file so you either need to have Excel or Open Office to use this file.
The spreadsheet has a page for no-nic calculations. I will tell you it will take you a little while to get familiar with the file but once you do it is a great Calculator. Hope this helps

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The Excel Calculator is great, thanks a bunch.

Couple of questions: As a Toronto Resident, where would I find Everclear?
Second: If making 10ml at a time, how many drops of Everclear would you add to achieve a very minimal TH, what about normal?
Third: Where in the GTA (Toronto) would I find the best quality PG?

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The Excel Calculator is great, thanks a bunch.

Couple of questions: As a Toronto Resident, where would I find Everclear?
Second: If making 10ml at a time, how many drops of Everclear would you add to achieve a very minimal TH, what about normal?
Third: Where in the GTA (Toronto) would I find the best quality PG?

I still need advice on my above post

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
I use no nic after 10pm. My mixes are 70PG and 30VG.

In order from most used to least used: I use FlavourArt, Capella's, Perfumer's Apprentice, and LorAnn's flavorings (do not like Flavor West).

I order most of my flavorings from ecigexpress . com
I order my PG/VG/Nic from nicvape . com

Many people use vaping as a stepping stone to eliminate nicotine altogether. If that is what you are intending to do, I believe the 'addiction' is out of your body within 2 weeks? So if you can manage that, it will be smooth sailing for you.
I wish you luck and success in whichever you decide.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I use no nic after 10pm. My mixes are 70PG and 30VG.

In order from most used to least used: I use FlavourArt, Capella's, Perfumer's Apprentice, and LorAnn's flavorings (do not like Flavor West).

I order most of my flavorings from ecigexpress . com
I order my PG/VG/Nic from nicvape . com

Many people use vaping as a stepping stone to eliminate nicotine altogether. If that is what you are intending to do, I believe the 'addiction' is out of your body within 2 weeks? So if you can manage that, it will be smooth sailing for you.
I wish you luck and success in whichever you decide.

I thank you for the good wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread