Looking for an upgrade - new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
I'm currently running on the Istick 30w, and while it's nice, I'd like to upgrade in the near future to a box mod that packs a little more power. I'm interested in the various DNA 200 mods coming out on the market right now, but the prices for some of them may be out of my range. So my question is, what box mods currently out (or about to be released) would you recommend? I'm looking for something with the ability to go to at least 70 watts, but preferably even higher. Temp control mods have me interested, so feel free to include any of them that you think would be a good fit as well. When recommending a mod, please let me know if it comes with batteries already included (or separate), max wattage, minimum resistance (prefer subohm) allowed, whether it's a clone or not (not opposed to at least considering them), battery life, price, what tank(s) work well with it, and other information you feel is pertinent for me to know (don't feel obligated to include all this info, but the more info you can give, the better). Thanks guys! You're all awesome. Keep vaping!

P.S. Feel free to include a picture as well if you'd like.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Wow, that's quite a list of requests! :)
    Not sure how many of the folks here will do all that but it's easy to do the research once you have the names of a few of the favorite mods folks use here.

There are some terrific threads here asking for recommendations or comments about particular mods, worth checking out.

I'd give you my list but it's lower power stuff except for the Aspire Pegasus. And that's my only mod above 40W so I can't tell you how it compares with others. Good luck in your search!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    OK as a VW mod, haven't tried temp control. Not completely thrilled but not complaining either. Wouldn't be on my recommendation list until I've used it a lot more.

I don't have any recommendations for 70W and higher. For under that, the iJust2 kit or an iStick 40W TC with a Goblin Mini tank or Sapor RDA...two small fantastic setups in my opinion.

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
    Man, I can't decide what I want lol. I'm looking at the IPV3 Li, IPV 4, Sigelei 150 w/ TC, the Aspire Pegasus, XCube II (really intrigued by this one) and now some Tesla mods (120 and 160 w/ TC). What is your guys opinions on these? I've reviewed some information from around the forums and mostly are positive reviews. Any negatives to any of them? Thanks again guys!

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
    For long period uses I would have to go with the SMOK Xcube 2 down side,can't replace batteries yourself.

The IPV 4 would have to get the nod from me though.

Remember there is no "best mod" out there go thru the options you get here and decide what will fit your vaping style.
    What do you mean that you can't replace the batteries in the xcube II?

BigEgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2013
    Alabama
    Single 18650 devices in order from best to worst:

1) DNA-40's (Vaporshark, Hana, etc. Downside is it's only 40 watts.)
    2) Koopor Mini (awesome little device for $35. Does Ni and Ti as well as 60 watts in power mode.)
    3) IPV D2 (authentic Yihi chip. Does Ni and Ti, 75 watts in power mode)
    4) Sigelei 75 (Only does Ni)

(Considering most of these devices have improved upon the DNA-40, I would probably move it to #3. I listed it at #1 because it's the original TC device and it's from Evolv.)

If you want dual 18650 mod with TC and a high wattage, you got:

Any of the DNA-200 mods (3 cell Lipo packs)
    Sigelei 150 TC
    IPV 4 (do not recommend this one because of its crappy safety record)
    IPV 3 Li (this one is better than its brother, the IPV4)
    Koopor Plus (dual 18650 200 watt version of the mini. Releases on 9/30)
    Cloupor GT (80 watts, with TC)
    iJoy Asolo TC mod (Ni, Ti, and Kanthal "burn protection.")
    Smok XCube II

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, and are really the more popular ones. If I were in the market for a dual battery mod AND if money was no object, the DNA-200 (any of them) would be my choice. If I was on a budget I would probably get the Koopor Plus when it comes out or the IPV 3 Li. The Sig 150 is good, but it's too much of a brick for my taste (but that's subjective).

Reactions: MarkCM

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
    Single 18650 devices in order from best to worst:

1) DNA-40's (Vaporshark, Hana, etc. Downside is it's only 40 watts.)
    2) Koopor Mini (awesome little device for $35. Does Ni and Ti as well as 60 watts in power mode.)
    3) IPV D2 (authentic Yihi chip. Does Ni and Ti, 75 watts in power mode)
    4) Sigelei 75 (Only does Ni)

(Considering most of these devices have improved upon the DNA-40, I would probably move it to #3. I listed it at #1 because it's the original TC device and it's from Evolv.)

If you want dual 18650 mod with TC and a high wattage, you got:

Any of the DNA-200 mods (3 cell Lipo packs)
    Sigelei 150 TC
    IPV 4 (do not recommend this one because of its crappy safety record)
    IPV 3 Li (this one is better than its brother, the IPV4)
    Koopor Plus (dual 18650 200 watt version of the mini. Releases on 9/30)
    Cloupor GT (80 watts, with TC)
    iJoy Asolo TC mod (Ni, Ti, and Kanthal "burn protection.")
    Smok XCube II

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, and are really the more popular ones. If I were in the market for a dual battery mod AND if money was no object, the DNA-200 (any of them) would be my choice. If I was on a budget I would probably get the Koopor Plus when it comes out or the IPV 3 Li. The Sig 150 is good, but it's too much of a brick for my taste (but that's subjective).
    Solid list. Thanks. Went with the ipv3 li the other day. Looking for a mid range option next. The cloupor gt 80w sounds nice. Got any other mid wattage range devices?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread