Unregulated Box Mod suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
Thinking about getting an unregulated (with mosfet and maybe a volt meter) box mod in the new year, preferably authentic, but if there's a clone that works just as well, I'm not opposed to going the cheaper route. I'm just looking for suggestions and experiences from the community here. Feel free to point out bad experiences as well. Currently, I'm considering the Tugboat as an option. What are your guys/gals suggestions? Thanks ahead of time!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
REO? have you tried bottom-fed mods yet? The Reo is a great mod, whether u use it for BF or not. Even if you decide you dislike bottom-feed vaping, the REO is 1 of the best built unregulated box mods available, it's HAND MADE in the USA, and, it has the BEST venting out of ANY mod I've ever seen. It's NOT mosfet safe, but, it IS a safe mod. & it's rebuildable, if something should break. (in fact, the maker, will fix it FOR you, if something should go hay-wire!) ;)

You could also try the Tuglyfe box mods? The one's with the paint splatter over black background? beautiful mods, & well-built.

Reactions: MarkCM

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
REO? have you tried bottom-fed mods yet? The Reo is a great mod, whether u use it for BF or not. Even if you decide you dislike bottom-feed vaping, the REO is 1 of the best built unregulated box mods available, it's HAND MADE in the USA, and, it has the BEST venting out of ANY mod I've ever seen. It's NOT mosfet safe, but, it IS a safe mod. & it's rebuildable, if something should break. (in fact, the maker, will fix it FOR you, if something should go hay-wire!) ;)

You could also try the Tuglyfe box mods? The one's with the paint splatter over black background? beautiful mods, & well-built.
Thanks for the info. Never really considered a bottom feeder, but it's definitely something to consider as I look to expand my vape "game" in the new year.

Yeah definitely one of the ones I'm considering. Tops my list at the moment for the non-custom made boxes.

Reactions: TraderX

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
The Reo was actually one of the very 1st mechanical mods available, PERIOD, haha. So, you're buying a lot of history when you purchase a Reo. & the man, the legend, that makes our precious Reos, well, he's VERY kind. He will speak to you PERSONALLY if you're trying to decide on a box mod. He has personally invited me to send my mod to him, just to CLEAN IT for me, if I did-not want to fiddle with unscrewing the delrin insert myself. (lol) he's very kind. I definitely recommend REO's Mods as one of the TOP box mods ever to be available.

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
The Reo was actually one of the very 1st mechanical mods available, PERIOD, haha. So, you're buying a lot of history when you purchase a Reo. & the man, the legend, that makes our precious Reos, well, he's VERY kind. He will speak to you PERSONALLY if you're trying to decide on a box mod. He has personally invited me to send my mod to him, just to CLEAN IT for me, if I did-not want to fiddle with unscrewing the delrin insert myself. (lol) he's very kind. I definitely recommend REO's Mods as one of the TOP box mods ever to be available.
Thanks! Did not know that, you learn something new everyday. :)

Reactions: Plumes.91

MarkCM

Sep 4, 2015
I forget who specifically makes them but follow him/her on Instagram and Facebook to know when they're in stock. GrimmGreen may have mentioned who it is in his Top 5 Everything vlog if I remember correctly.
Silver Steam Vapor I believe. Thinking about getting one when the next batch or two rolls out. Not sure if I'll have the $ for the next one, but we'll see. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Perhaps the warranty should be restated as: So long as Scott Weisberg is alive and well and retains his interest in modding, he will provide any device built by and purchased from Scotts Mod a guarantee of defect-free workmanship and operation outside of damage incurred by water infiltration and/or drops. He is under thirty, has been modding for over a decade and has no issues with cash flow as modding is not his primary source of income.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Perhaps the warranty should be restated as: So long as Scott Weisberg is alive and well and retains his interest in modding, he will provide any device built by and purchased from Scotts Mod a guarantee of defect-free workmanship and operation outside of damage incurred by water infiltration and/or drops. He is under thirty, has been modding for over a decade and has no issues with cash flow as modding is not his primary source of income.

I saw pictures of Scott's work, and as long as the sample is representative of the final product, I should be happy, and I could be ordering more of the box mods. I'm pretty visible here on ECF, and if it works out for me, I'll let everyone else know.

He said he would put me in the queue for a device. I don't have a due date or ship date yet...it's too soon to email him again, but I will in March. Should be awesome!

I'm looking for box mods that will last far in to any FDA ban imposed. Stocking up as they say. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread