Looking for best pen style e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houston713

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
Houston/TEXAS
I been vaping for a while now.. and for some reason I want to pick up a pen style e-cig battery & carto to go along with it.

I don't care too much about the price, I care more about quality here.. what do you guys recommend as far as a pen style battery, and which carto do you think will vape the best with said battery?

your opinion matters!

thanks in advance,

Oscar

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I take it the 'for some reason...' means that you understand that the pen style is a bit of a dated product. Many vendors have dropped carrying the complete kits entirely - Janty - as a few parts but not kits for example. Heaven Gifts still carry some Joye 302's and DSE801's... Madvapes has some - the reviews were mixed. Vaporkings seem to have the best line up but I don't know about quality.... If you just want to try one out - going to classifieds might be a good choice - but then you have to get 'verified' :-| So.... take a look at VaporKings:

DSE801 Classic Penstyle e-Cigarette

note that most 801's are auto batts and if you get the manual, you'll need that extension - there, anyway.

There are new cartomizers available at Madvapes and elsewhere - XL's that hold a lot - smoktek models - they also have smoktek batts there as well and a usb charger if you want to put a kit together....

Perhaps an 801 vet will chime in. Haven't seen Don around - he'd certainly know better than almost anyone. Wiz too.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Hi Oscar.

Ken covered most of the bases concerning procurement of the 801. I will add what I can and hopefully it will be helpful.

I was first introduced to the 801 atty by Don at a meet we did in Feb 2011. Their performance was so impressive, the first thing I did upon my return home was to go to Vaporkings and order the "bulk" 801 attys. They are inexpensive, work fabulously and I have never received a dud. Since then, I have tried the 801 carto as well and I was very happy with its performance. Madvapes has them in 1.7 and 2.5Ω.

I am a heavy vaper and enjoy throat hit very much. The slim auto batteries simply do not last long enough for me nor do the 3.7v batteries provide enough power. I use the 801 on a 5v box mod and it looks like an older cell phone with an antenna. Point being, with a 510 bat/801 adapter you can use the 801 on any battery you like. To tailor this to your preference, there is a "shorty" adapter which you could use to attach the 801 to a black, 350mah, 510-threaded battery. These batteries are also available from Madvapes. This will allow for much greater "vape time" and will also enhance the "penstyle" look as it will be even longer than the regular 801 battery.
Battery is here: Mega XL 510 Manual Battery, Blue LED, 350mAh
Shorty adapter: 510 Battery to 801 Shorty Atomizer Adapter

You specifically want the "shorty" for a reason. In a standard 801 kit, the atomizer/cartomizer is wider and fits over the battery as it is screwed down. By getting the "shorty" connector you will be closer to the real thing. The regular size connector will be too large and create a very visible gap between the battery and the carto.

Filling the 801 cartos may be a bit of a challenge. The 510 "condoms" can't be used on the 801 and the tip, drip, shake and wait method will take quite a while. A syringe can speed the filling process.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread