Looking for compact carrying case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I typically carry when on the go:

ProVari Mini w/ XL pyrex tank
2 extra XL tanks
1 18350 battery

I'm looking for a compact carrying case for the 2 extra tanks and the battery. Would be nice if I could throw my Mini in there too, but not necessary.

Any suggestions?

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I got the zipper case from ProVape. It's got a nice little divider flap that segregates the two halves. Keeping spare batteries safe from touching tanks and other metal objects when it's closed. I don't know if it's compact enough, but it's nice.

edit: here is pic with my full length, so it may be overkill for a mini.
35AMw3K.jpg

Yeah, that case may be a bit big for that I need. What tank is that? Also, why keep all the batteries wrapped?

I got the zipper case from ProVape. It's got a nice little divider flap that segregates the two halves. Keeping spare batteries safe from touching tanks and other metal objects when it's closed. I don't know if it's compact enough, but it's nice.

edit: here is pic with my full length, so it may be overkill for a mini.
35AMw3K.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Yeah, that case may be a bit big for that I need. What tank is that? Also, why keep all the batteries wrapped?

You do not want to carry batteries unless they are encased in something like a battery case, plastic film canister. medicine bottle, etc. I get my batteries from RTD and they come (like the ones pictured) individually wrapped in thin plastic bags, then in little zip lock bags. I have battery cases, but sometimes they don't quite fit where I want them to, so I use the bags them came in (yes, I am part squirrel). The main point is not to carry loose batteries, especially if there is any possibility they might come on contact with metal.

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Yup, it was a lazy repost. I don't stock it like that. But I suppose I could if I were camping.

The tank is a Zen atty pro. I should be ordering a mini soon, so I will be watching this thread for an appropriately sized case suggestion.

I would particularly like a case that keeps the extra battery separated, or at least one with a plastic zipper.;)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Here is what I typically carry when on the go:

ProVari Mini w/ XL pyrex tank
2 extra XL tanks
1 18350 battery

I'm looking for a compact carrying case for the 2 extra tanks and the battery. Would be nice if I could throw my Mini in there too, but not necessary.

Any suggestions?

What are you thinking of putting it in? Pocket? Briefcase?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:danger:

I can't stress enough the importance of using Plastic Battery Cases to carry your spare batteries in.

Any contact with metal (keys, coins, another battery, etc, possibly even static electricity) can complete the electrical circuit with a loose battery and cause it to hard short, and go into thermal runaway. Plastic battery cases prevent this type of catastrophe from happening. Use them, they're inexpensive.

IMR_battery_post-venting.jpg

The above accident happened just last week. A novice vapor was carrying two spare batteries in a pocket of his bookbag. One of the batteries (AW 18490 IMR) went into thermal runaway after allegedly coming into contact with some metal in the bookbag. What you see are the remains of that battery - the metal casing, and the inner guts of the battery which have mushroomed out of the case. Imagine the force of the venting gas that came from this battery. In hindsight, this person should have used a pastic battery case to protect his batteries in the bookbag from touching any metal.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Question for the seasoned vapers like Bad 'n Ocey, where do you store your drained batteries? I was using a bubblewrap sleeve pouch thingy but now i'm re-thinking that or is that ok?

Usually when the bag gets half full I will recharge. The charged ones always remain in their plastic cases.

716d226fb22309aeb9c8b4b822d4c5dc_zps0152ee6b.jpg

RHP

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Question for the seasoned vapers like Bad 'n Ocey, where do you store your drained batteries? I was using a bubblewrap sleeve pouch thingy but now i'm re-thinking that or is that ok?

Usually when the bag gets half full I will recharge. The charged ones always remain in their plastic cases.

I put mine in a plastic battery case and put them on the charger at my next opportunity.

What to do with old dead batteries?

Proper Disposal of a Lithium Ion Battery | eHow

"All Panasonic Lithium Ion batteries are classified by the federal government as non-hazardous waste and are safe for disposal in the normal municipal waste stream. These batteries, however, do contain recyclable materials and are accepted for recycling by the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation's (RBRC) Battery Recycling Program. Please call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on recycling your used Lithium Ion battery."
-Panasonic

How to Recycle Batteries - Battery University

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Gosh you have a lot of batteries! I don't. I think my devices each have two. The charged ones are in plastic cases and the ones waiting to be charged are on a shelf. I charge every time I have two, so I don't have a lot of pile-up. I have one size of batteries that didn't fit in the case I got for them, so they are wrapped in the thin baggies they came in and are inside medicine bottles.

Last edited:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Yup, it was a lazy repost. I don't stock it like that. But I suppose I could if I were camping.

The tank is a Zen atty pro. I should be ordering a mini soon, so I will be watching this thread for an appropriately sized case suggestion.

I would particularly like a case that keeps the extra battery separated, or at least one with a plastic zipper.;)

You carry your Z-Atty empty of course? :vapor:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

RHP

Well first you need to buy more batteries......LOL

You must be a HIGH DRAIN vaper as myself! :vapor:

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
i also use those old type camera semi hard cases.... also those sport sunglass cases you know the kind of sunglasses that don't fold flat.....it has more room ... lemme see the brand hmnnnn ok i see it libertysport.com

i usethick small individual ziplock baggies for my batteries i just label the bags individually to say charged /discharged... but i usually just carry 1 extra battery with me.and an extra rda... and a tank for driving

Jaguar07

Carpe Nocturne
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Long Beach, California, USA
I buy Clear cases for charged, other colors for carrying the depleted. Always keep the batteries encased in cases, except when in the charger. I keep a clear case with 2x18650 charged and an empty red for when they are done in my backpack. I also have an empty blue case in the storage divider in my truck. Never toss more than one into a bag, they still have plenty of charge to be a major problem if they short.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I use those little organizer cases you can get for a few bucks. This one is my grab and go case, cause I can hold a couple bottles of juice, extra heads, three batteries in isolated plastic sections, and even a full sized ProVari in the middle section. It is a bit bigger than what the OP is looking for, but I find it to be quite handy. I wont leave the house without it now...it is just that simple.

The fact that my batteries are safely transported alone makes it worthwhile.

IMAG0692_zpsc31d2e19.jpg

Reactions: Ladiekali
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread