The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for help on permanently subscribing to a thread

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by bombastinator, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    i want to do a particular thing and I’m not sure it is possible, but I thought I’d ask:

I want to get an alert in my “Alerts” section every time someone posts on the “deeming regulations released!!!” Thread. I’ve posted to it which should do this but I keep falling off it and I want to sort of pin it hard to my alerts box. Is there any way to do that?

2. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    So are you saying you have checked watch thread and it keeps changing and not sending alerts?

3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The only option I see is “unwatch thread” so I assume it is checked automatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Bad news. For me, those 'watched threads' only work ~ one third of the time. You've done all you can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I uncheck it when it does it automatically upon replying to the thread and check watch thread. Works better for me.

I also keep a tab open with my watched threads so I know if anyone posts in one I particularly want to follow as it gets bumped to the top of the list.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.