Looking for Mini Nova advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonefishing

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Gamecock Country
I have had my Mini Nova tank for a week now. I use it on an eGo twist. I guess my questions are:

1. What is the tube inside the drip tip for? I used a q-tip to push it down into the tank. Not sure I can tell a difference?

2. What does cutting the wicks shorter do? Mine are long.

3. What other adjustments do you recommend and what are they for?

Just looking for some tips and tricks from those with more experience with this device.

Thanks...

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I have had my Mini Nova tank for a week now. I use it on an eGo twist. I guess my questions are:

1. What is the tube inside the drip tip for? I used a q-tip to push it down into the tank. Not sure I can tell a difference?

2. What does cutting the wicks shorter do? Mine are long.

3. What other adjustments do you recommend and what are they for?

Just looking for some tips and tricks from those with more experience with this device.

Thanks...

I am not sure I can be of a lot of help but I did just get a mini viva nova on Tuesday.

1.) I see the tube in the drip tip, but I am not sure what it is for. I have actually been using the drip tip it came with rather than using another 510 drip tip as I feel it works really well.

2.) The heads that came with, and the extra that I ordered, all are long. I have read in other threads some feel/think/believe the flavor is lost due to the long wicks. So far I have kept mine as is and not cut them, I feel they work well and have not muted the flavor.

3.) The only other adjustments I have read about are those who feel the draw is to tight so they may make the air holes a little bigger. I haven't done this, I feel the draw is pretty good.

Hope this helps. Actually I just ordered another mini and a regular size nova tonight until I find the right tank that I want to order. And by right tank I just mean a tank to use with a cartomizer. I really like the novas and that will be what I use mainly but would like to use some tanks with cartomizers as well and see what I think.

Last edited:

Gonefishing

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Gamecock Country
I am not sure I can be of a lot of help but I did just get a mini viva nova on Tuesday.

1.) I see the tube in the drip tip, but I am not sure what it is for. I have actually been using the drip tip it came with rather than using another 510 drip tip as I feel it works really well.

2.) The heads that came with, and the extra that I ordered, all are long. I have read in other threads some feel/think/believe the flavor is lost due to the long wicks. So far I have kept mine as is and not cut them, I feel they work well and have not muted the flavor.

3.) The only other adjustments I have read about are those who feel the draw is to tight so they may make the air holes a little bigger. I haven't done this, I feel the draw is pretty good.

Hope this helps. Actually I just ordered another mini and a regular size nova tonight until I find the right tank that I want to order. And by right tank I just mean a tank to use with a cartomizer. I really like the novas and that will be what I use mainly but would like to use some tanks with cartomizers as well and see what I think.

Thank you for responding! I thought I would get more posts? Oh well.

I have cut the wicks shorter and it has helped get rid of the "silicone" taste. Or maybe it went away on its own? I'm not sure?

I use a q-tip to push that little tube down as far as it will go. Not sure if that is doing much but I do know that it would get some puddling between the drip tip and the piece it fits in. And now it doesn't.

I do think the draw is tight. I will see if I can figure out how to make the air holes bigger. On second thought I might mess it up by doing that? I don't know, I might just deal with it until I decide to order another one.

If you are looking for a good tank/cartomizer set-up I HIGHLY recommend the Lil' Mama tank from Big Daddy Vapor. I use cheap standard 3ohm cartomizers from Crystal Clear Vaping on my Provari at 4.1-4.3 volts and it works extremely well for me. I've been using this set-up for over 6 months and haven't found anything that beats it for flavor and vapor production! You will also need a Saddle Valve Punch from Lowes (in the copper tubing section, they are used to punch holes for installing an ice maker in a freezer) I punch 2 holes, one on each side. When I feel/hear the punch through the cartomizer I give it one more full turn and I get the right size hole every time. It takes a little practice but if you take my advice you'll get the hang of it quicker than I did.

Thanks and Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread