Looking for new box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimeVapes

Jul 19, 2015
Hey I'm using the istick 50 watt. But I honestly want something similar in size that houses 2 18650 batteries that ARE replaceable. I hate running out of battery on the go and not being able to pop in 2 fresh married 18650's. Does anyone know any box that's around $60-100 that can take 2 18650 batteries and is 40-60 watts? Also want built in protection. Doesn't need temp control I don't really drip too much, mainly use sub tanks. But if it does have temp control that's fine too. Looking for good quality that will last a while. I use my mods for a while and don't replace them often. Was thinking about an MVP3 Pro but I don't really want something disposable. Any suggestions would be appreciated, box or anything else with stellar battery life/changeable batteries will be considered. Thanks.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
If you want something small in size, you're going to have to look at single battery mods rather than dual battery mods. But so long as you can swap 18650's on the fly, using a single 18650 over a dual 18650 shouldn't be an issue. I think the one you may want to look at is the Sigelei 75 watt TC mod. It runs on a single 18650, will go up to 75 watts, and will also have temp control. I saw one at the NJ Vape Expo today and it is a lot smaller than I originally thought. It looks like the size falls in between the iStick 30 and the iStick 50.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have a Snow Wolf 200 Watt TC mod, priced at $100, that is just fabulous. It's heavy, but it's actually smaller than an Old Skool DNA 40 box. (You say you don't want TC, but I think you're missing a bet.) Another good option would be a Segelei 100 or a Sig 150. Those are cheaper than my SW. Those are two-battery mods. A one battery mod might be a good option for you, too. Take a look at the Siggie 75, or the new 75 TC, supposed to now be shipping. Or the Kanger Subox.

Last edited:

devon_fang_

Jul 19, 2015
If you want a small mod then I'm pretty sure you'll have to settle for a single 18650. I have a segelei 100+ and I love it. I vape on around 65-70 watts and it'll last me almost all day. I'm pretty sure you minus well go for the 150 watt even though 150 watts is a little excessive. The snow wolf mentioned earlier is a beast mod and id recommend you look into it as well.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
I have the sig 150 and am totally happy with it. I upgraded from my istick 50w to it and havent looked back. It is certainly bigger than the istick, but I love being able to swap batteries at any time.

20150619_114245.jpg

20150619_114313.jpg

That should give some idea of the size difference.

Reactions: dcfluegel
Hey I'm using the istick 50 watt. But I honestly want something similar in size that houses 2 18650 batteries that ARE replaceable. I hate running out of battery on the go and not being able to pop in 2 fresh married 18650's. Does anyone know any box that's around $60-100 that can take 2 18650 batteries and is 40-60 watts? Also want built in protection. Doesn't need temp control I don't really drip too much, mainly use sub tanks. But if it does have temp control that's fine too. Looking for good quality that will last a while. I use my mods for a while and don't replace them often. Was thinking about an MVP3 Pro but I don't really want something disposable. Any suggestions would be appreciated, box or anything else with stellar battery life/changeable batteries will be considered. Thanks.
checkout the smowell dpv 65

GrimeVapes

Jul 19, 2015
Damn you guys killed it with some good responses. Thank you, when I get more money I think I'm going to pull the trigger on that new Sig 150 watt box that's coming out soon. For now I ended up with just going with a single battery like you guys recommended. Mini Jedi 50W by KingCig $29.99 - Box MOD / 20W + With this Mxjo 35a battery. MXJO High Drain 35A 2500mAh 18650 - Mod Batteries I wasn't sure weather to get a vtc4 or not. I'm only vaping tanks at .3 and .5 so I think the Mxjo will be good, but when it needs to be replaced if you guys think the vtc4's are better I'll replace it with one of those. Thank you for the replies everyone.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
My vote is on the IPV 3 Li. Thats just me though. Its easily in your price range, its 200w after firmware update, and it has temp control. The snow wolf is a nasty box, but the IPV is a $20+ cheaper.
Either one will basically be an end all device until the next evolution comes around. Even if you don't care for temp control you still have the option.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
+1 on the Sony VTC4's. You can't go wrong with them. A true CDR rating and the price is right. Just make sure you get authentics. From what I've seen they are the most commonly faked battery out there. I got the iPV4 a few weeks ago for $65, and I love it. It's my first reg'd mod, so I can't compare it to anything else, but it's a nice size and weight and I hear the firmware update is out now.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
The Sig150 has been working out pretty good for me. The price is definitely right.

If you wanted to spend a bit more you could look into something like the HexOhm V2, although the protection on that is a little less than the Sig150 -- I think reversed batteries will fry the OKL-T20 in the HexOhm V2, as there is no diode/protection as far as I'm aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread