The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for new RDA

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Cptfunpants, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cptfunpants

Cptfunpants Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I have been using my REO with the "reomizer" for around 8-12 months now. I would like to get a new atty for it. Any recommendations for a new bottom fed atty that will not break the bank?

2. Spooky28

Spooky28 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    I love love love my Odin but it's all relative. What means "will not break the bank" to you?

3. Bigflyrodder

Bigflyrodder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Have you tried the other RDAs that Rob offers? Love the RM4, haven't tried the RM5 but next on my list.

What is your vaping style? Do you tend to be a mouth to lung vaper or do you like to cloud chase? Makes a huge difference in which topper you will enjoy.

4. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Also would depend on things like... is your Reo a LP, a non LP or woodie; the atty footprint size wanted; single or dual coil, etc.

5. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

... plus whether or not you have the contact upgrades (gold) will factor into the mix a bit (at least in terms of subohming, if that's a consideration for you).

6. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    I do not have the contact upgrades. It is the standard reo grande, not the LP. I vape mouth to lung. -40 bucks?

7. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    is it necessary to get the upgrade kit to sub-ohm? What does it change? How is it safer? I am not up to date on it.

8. Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    Chicago
    If going below .5 the pin can heat up and melt the button. The spring can sag also. The old silver colored spring and firing pin require more maintenance to keep from in good working order as well.

The new gold colored spring and firing pin. Can go to about .2 ohms, the button won't melt. They also have a lower voltage drop so same ohm coil hits harder with the gold contacts.

9. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you prefer mouth2lung, have a standard grand with the older contacts, and want to stay around $40, the closest fit from Rob's stable would be the RM3 or the IGO-S.

They're small (fit the catch cup) and can be run with single coils (single coil version of the RM3). They're great for M2L draws and give great flavour like the RM2. With the single coils, you prolly wouldn't stress the limits of the old contacts and button, per FB above.

If you wanted to try your hand at dual coils, you could get the dual coil version of the RM3 - just stay at .6ohms net and above and you shouldn't stress the contacts too much - just keep them clean and apply noalox (the grey goop you got with the RM2).

Larger diameter atties like the RM4/5/6, or non-Rob atties like the Odin won't fit with your catch cup.

10. K31Scout

K31Scout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    Rob does an amazingly good job of modding RDA's for bottom feed and I have a few. They feed and drain to perfection. But with my DIY tendencies I have ordered a couple diffent RDA clones from fastech to give my hand a try at a BF job.

11. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    Looking at the Reo site a lot of the nicer looking ones are for the low profile mods only. That's such a bummer.

12. Cptfunpants

Jul 30, 2012
    VA
    Does the reomizers 3.0 work on non-low profile Reo grands? It does not say in the item title "LP only", but in the description it does not list the normal grand. Thanks for the help guys.

13. Raynman

Raynman Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Marion In USA
    Yes it will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.