Looking for some set-up help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferinlaw

Mar 12, 2015
B.C., Canada
Hello all!

I've had my vape for a couple of months, and I love it! I have an iTaste, which came with two iClear 16s. I ordered a Kanger ProTank 2 to test it out, and liked it so much that I ordered some back up coils as well. But, the problem I'm having is that the coils I ordered fit the ProTank, but don't work on my iTaste. Even though the one that came in the ProTank package worked just fine.

How do I know which coils will work with the ProTank as well as the iTaste? There are just so many specifications! I don't want to waste any more money ordering the wrong product...

Super appreciative of any help! Thank you all so much!

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Welcome to ECF ferinlaw!
Have you tried more than just one of the replacement coils? It's possible that you got a defective one. If you've tried a few of them and none are working I'm not sure what else to suggest except to make sure that the coil is screwed in snugly and your battery is fully charged.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you ordered the correct type of Kanger Protank replacement head for your Protank, then the problem is most likely to be the 510 connection between your iTaste and the Protank. Not making the electrical connection is common with iTaste batteries.

Were they the correct heads... there are a few, and the dual coils or upgrade dual coils v.2 won't work. You need a single coil for PT (v.1 or 2) or EVOD (v.1)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hmm, this could be the case... I just checked it out. The coil that came with the ProTank 2 was 2.5 ohms, and the replacements are 2.2. Do you think that would make the difference?

No - I'm talking about the actually 'description' of the coil. The resistance is irrelevant (in this case).

I was wondering if you bought coils for a more modern Protank. Some take dual coils or "upgraded" dual coils.

Do the new coils look the same as the old coil...? Just guessing here, but if you have the correct coil, then it's probably a problem with the connection (electrical).

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
No - I'm talking about the actually 'description' of the coil. The resistance is irrelevant (in this case).

I was wondering if you bought coils for a more modern Protank. Some take dual coils or "upgraded" dual coils.

Do the new coils look the same as the old coil...? Just guessing here, but if you have the correct coil, then it's probably a problem with the connection (electrical).

So many of those Kanger coils look exactly alike. I had both kinds when I first started and now I don't remember which ones go with which tank:blush:

ferinlaw

Mar 12, 2015
B.C., Canada

I don't know all the correct vocab here, but they do look slightly different on the very bottom (the connection?). The replacement coils are just slightly larger. Even though they fit the tank and everything still screws into the mod just fine--I'm sure that this is the problem.

Anyone have any advice about what the right coils to order might be? Or, did I just get lucky with the one that came with the ProTank 2, and can't find replacement coils of that type...?

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Did you order genuine Kanger coils or clones?

The Protank 2 takes Kanger single coils. I usually order them from Mt. Baker Vapor, Sun Vapers, or Sweet Vapes. When you order them, make sure that they are Kanger SINGLE coils. The vendor will usually specify which units the coils will fit. You want the ones that say they fit the Protank, Protank 2, Protank 2 Mini, and Evod (not Evod 2 or Evod Glass).

Good luck. Hope you get things figured out soon.

ferinlaw

Mar 12, 2015
B.C., Canada
Did you order genuine Kanger coils or clones?

The Protank 2 takes Kanger single coils. I usually order them from Mt. Baker Vapor, Sun Vapers, or Sweet Vapes. When you order them, make sure that they are Kanger SINGLE coils. The vendor will usually specify which units the coils will fit. You want the ones that say they fit the Protank, Protank 2, Protank 2 Mini, and Evod (not Evod 2 or Evod Glass).

Good luck. Hope you get things figured out soon.

Although I'm not sure exactly how to distinguish between genuine coils and clones, I'm pretty sure I got the real thing... I ordered it from Canada Vapes and it came in Kanger packaging, with the individual coils in a blister pack. And they are the single coil, I made sure that they specified that the replacements would work for the Protank 2 --which, they do! But, for some reason, they don't work on my iTaste, even though the coil that came with worked great...

Thanks for your thoughts!

I really appreciate everyone helping me figure this out!

Last edited:

ferinlaw

Mar 12, 2015
B.C., Canada
If you ordered the correct type of Kanger Protank replacement head for your Protank, then the problem is most likely to be the 510 connection between your iTaste and the Protank. Not making the electrical connection is common with iTaste batteries.

Were they the correct heads... there are a few, and the dual coils or upgrade dual coils v.2 won't work. You need a single coil for PT (v.1 or 2) or EVOD (v.1)

They are definitely the single coils--but, do you know if there are multiple versions? They fit the Protank perfectly, but I get zero suction when I attach it to my iTaste. Is there an adapter that might help...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread