Looking for suggestions for a new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
So just for reference, im not a noob looking to get the standard "get a provari" shpiel. I do own a couple of inexpensive mods, 3 vamos, 1 evic, 2 k101's and 1 what i think is a bad copy of an Iseason. what im looking for in a mod is a tough body and electronics, threads that arent going to strip out from removing my KFL to refill it (which is what killed one vamo), the ability to run on atleast 18650 and 350 batteries, telescopic is an option as i have some 18490's too, and preferably have it be sub $100.

With all that being said, i currently am running mainly agr carto tanks with the airflow base, so airflow control isnt a priority. and i am exploring options for other attys like my KFL, so the ability to stand up to good stainless threads is an absolute must.

i thank you all in advance for any suggestions you have.

~Steele~

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
It's interesting that you start your post with I don't want the standard get a Provari answer, then proceed to perfectly describe a Provari.

Ruggedly built.
Best electronics of all VV Tube Mods.
Tough as nails threads.
Expandable battery choices with the addition of end caps.
Fits most juice delivery devices.

It seems you want a Provari that isn't a Provari.

Good luck with that.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
It's interesting that you start your post with I don't want the standard get a Provari answer, then proceed to perfectly describe a Provari.

Ruggedly built.
Best electronics of all VV Tube Mods.
Tough as nails threads.
Expandable battery choices with the addition of end caps.
Fits most juice delivery devices.

It seems you want a Provari that isn't a Provari.

Good luck with that.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

thats funny

best device I've owned is my provari V2. I do love my mvp V2 though.

OP should take a look at the mvp v2. Busardo didn't give it enough break in time before he blasted the stiff fire button on the mvp v2. It breaks in fine after a while and is a non issue for me. great device for the price.

Wmmeese

Dedicated Lurker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
St Louis
Sounds like you are looking for something in a smaller form factor that is vv/VW. Although I do not own one, the MVP is probably your best bet. As far as Atty's, I just received the new Fogger v2 last week and like it better than the Hercules or other clones of similar design. I guess it is a knock off of the Foggati with the addition of built in air control. Cost is about $40.00. The MVP v1 are cheap right now, but the v2 is not that expensive

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
i have nothing against the provari, the pricepoint is the only thing holding me back on that. this current purchase is to replace a fallen warrior in my arsenal. i had planned a provari around tax time.

I totally understand this. I was in a similar head space. I need something better, don't want to buy a disposable VV. But the Provari is just too expensive. I kind of built a resentment against Provari. I was getting ...... at all the posts about it. But I kinda wanted to get something GOOD.
What I did was look for a used one. I live in Los Angeles. Huge vaping community here. So, it wasn't hard to find a good deal on a used one. I found mine on Craigslist. This Forum has a classified section where used Provaris appear once and a while. The is Calivapers Forum, where they seem to sell and trade a lot of gear. There are other sources if you look hard enough.

For $150 bucks I got a used Mini in great shape, with crappy batteries and a crappy charger, and my vaping experience improved greatly. This thing is a tank! Yet small. It is so precise! I love it.

Still, a budget is a budget.

Good luck in your decision and purchase.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
So just for reference, im not a noob looking to get the standard "get a provari" shpiel.

y38.gif

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Bronx, NY
The SVD is a great mod. It's solid, and fits everything you seem to be looking for. It's not the prettiest mod but it can take a beating and not even bat an eye. I don't care about catching flack over not being a fan of the Provari but it's dated at this point. I'd rather buy a good DNA20 mod for that price..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
So just for reference, im not a noob looking to get the standard "get a provari" shpiel. I do own a couple of inexpensive mods, 3 vamos, 1 evic, 2 k101's and 1 what i think is a bad copy of an Iseason. what im looking for in a mod is a tough body and electronics, threads that arent going to strip out from removing my KFL to refill it (which is what killed one vamo), the ability to run on atleast 18650 and 350 batteries, telescopic is an option as i have some 18490's too, and preferably have it be sub $100.

With all that being said, i currently am running mainly agr carto tanks with the airflow base, so airflow control isnt a priority. and i am exploring options for other attys like my KFL, so the ability to stand up to good stainless threads is an absolute must.

i thank you all in advance for any suggestions you have.

~Steele~

sigelei zmax flat top v3 or v5(I have both-get the v5). best sub$100 telescoping mod. and I have never had a problem with either one. the v3 is coming up on a year. built solid, takes any battery, clean lines, well designed. the v5 has removable top and new menu system. everything looks good on it, especially a kayfun

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
so, i ended up getting a mvp v2, and picked up 2 SID from a friend, both hit pretty hard. looking at the threads though, they suffer from the same drawbacks as the vamo, brass base material and chrome plating. seems they cut the threads wide and once you wear off the chrome you cant thread anything (what happend with my vamo). i am curious, does the svd or even the provari suffer from this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread