Looking for suggestions on a new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
So I have been vaping for around 6 years and I am a cranky old man who is set in his ways and just flat-out doesn't like sub-ohm tanks. I would prefer to avoid the argument about just how wrong/crazy I am, I certainly am not trying to assert any kind of superiority of one type, I am just a cheap sob whose lady doesn't like unnecessarily massive clouds. Anyway, I used the Nautilus tanks for years, and I love the flavor on the Nautilus 2, but I don't love the mess every time I have to change the coil and there's still liquid in there.

Anyway, recently I discovered the triton mini, which I love absolutely everything about, especially that I can still use those same coils that fit my Nautilus 2. But now I see that the triton mini is discontinued... Does anyone have any suggestions on a new tank (ideally that uses the same coils, but not necessarily) that would fit my eccentric and demanding tastes? Or should I just stock up on coils and hope the triton minis I have don't kick the bucket?

As you can see, I have not been active online for quite some time, and I am very much outside the loop. Oh, I only vape NETs, but the way, basically exclusively NETs from Heather's Heavenly Vapes, if that matters. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated; thank you in advance.

Reactions: Letitia

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
From one cranky old man...to another...

After getting my first Zenith...I replaced ALL the other Tanks in my "Rotation" with them...

It has very very very very easy/quick Top-Filling...gives a quite satisfying (slightly "denser") MTL experience...(but vapor amount not so large as to disturb a "lady who doesn't like unnecessarily massive clouds")...coils last "forever"...never leaks...

Vapecrawler

:2c:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Beat me to it with the Zenith. I don’t do a lot of mtl or drop in coils, but I got a Zenith just to try out for something different.

Seems to be one of the most popular, and there’s usually a reason for that. I like that it’s solid and well made, easy to use. Got mine from MFS.

Now, it is called a sub ohm tank, but there are 1.6 ohm coils for it - those are what I got - and it is designed for mtl.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So I have been vaping for around 6 years and I am a cranky old man who is set in his ways
:headbang:
and just flat-out doesn't like sub-ohm tanks. I would prefer to avoid the argument about just how wrong/crazy I am, I certainly am not trying to assert any kind of superiority of one type,
There’s an argument? :censored: That noise. One of the benefits of being cranky and old is not giving a :censored:. Wanda Sykes says so
I am just a cheap sob whose lady doesn't like unnecessarily massive clouds. Anyway, I used the Nautilus tanks for years, and I love the flavor on the Nautilus 2, but I don't love the mess every time I have to change the coil and there's still liquid in there.

Anyway, recently I discovered the triton mini, which I love absolutely everything about, especially that I can still use those same coils that fit my Nautilus 2. But now I see that the triton mini is discontinued... Does anyone have any suggestions on a new tank (ideally that uses the same coils, but not necessarily) that would fit my eccentric and demanding tastes? Or should I just stock up on coils and hope the triton minis I have don't kick the bucket?

As you can see, I have not been active online for quite some time, and I am very much outside the loop. Oh, I only vape NETs, but the way, basically exclusively NETs from Heather's Heavenly Vapes, if that matters. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated; thank you in advance.
Only thing I can point out is NETs are gunky as hell and you’re going to go through a lot of coil cartridges no matter what. You probably already knew that though. No way to avoid that one that I know of except possibly moving to an RTA. If a nautilus2 is too messy for you that’s probably a bad idea though.

Iirc there’s an even newer nautilus tank with top fill if you want to continue to use those bvc coils.
The innokin zenith is excellent and has the cleanest coil change of any tank I’ve ever seen. I think you’ll like it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Another vote for the Zenith. In fairness, I don't have a Zenith. I have the update called Zlide. Uses the same coils. For MTL, it's a VERY nice setup.
Not seeing an iota of data on the net for anything ecig called a Zlide. Several products having to do with zippers though. There may be a trademark fight in the making there.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Another vote for the Zenith tank. 10+ year vaper here and this is in my top 5. Very user friendly tank. Great flavor, easy to fill and good on coils. 1.6ohm coils last me a week with steady all day vaping.
MyFreedomSmokes has a good deal on them and also has coils in stock.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I can sympathise with your viewpoint - I think the Triton Mini was one of the best MTL tanks that firm ever produced and I don't know why they discontinued it.

I broke one of mine in Spain this winter, but after a lot of searching I found one UK firm that still had one and snapped it up. I also replaced the two original Nautilus Minis with guess what - two new original Nautilus Minis. I admit to being a stick in the mud here - but these things have served me so well for over three years that I simply do not want to change until I absolutely have to.

You mentioned that one of your options was simply to stock up with Nauti coils and that's what I have done. As back ups I have a shoe box full of GS Airs and what I calculate to be enough coils to last 10 years - given that I'll be 69 in April I think that should see me out!

Good luck with whatever you choose - but you are not alone in thinking like that!

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Thank you for all of the quick responses. Just ordered two zeniths and 25 replacement coils, exactly what I was looking for. You guys rock, seriously. I haven't been around lately, but it's good to know this is still the place to come for good advice from fellow vapers! Vape on.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Thank you for all of the quick responses. Just ordered two zeniths and 25 replacement coils, exactly what I was looking for. You guys rock, seriously. I haven't been around lately, but it's good to know this is still the place to come for good advice from fellow vapers! Vape on.

Glad you got setup. You will like that tank. I always have one loaded and ready to go. I noticed we are sort of neighbors. Barrington here. I found a good place to get e-juice, eJuiceDirect in Buffalo Grove. They have a good selection and have great prices. They are mainly an online store but have local pickup of the local peeps. But I pay the $5 for shipping since it's cheaper than the gas to get there. Next day shipping if I get my order in by noon.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Iirc there’s an even newer nautilus tank with top fill if you want to continue to use those bvc coils.

@bombastinator ...Zenith's Top-Fill led me to throw all my Bottom-Fill Tanks out the window...

What's the name of the Top-Fill-Nautilus???

I have the update called Zlide.

@Shawn Hoefer ... Looked up the Zlide...it appears to be 2ml....(although I personally prefer 4ml.)…

I had heard a "rumor" that there was a "new Zenith" coming out. Its "advantage" of having replaceable glass was balanced by its "disadvantage" that the coil's ejuice holes were no longer closed off while refilling...leading to possible flooding...

Might that have been the Zlide???

Just ordered two zeniths and 25 replacement coils

Think you'll LOVE them...:thumbs:

Any hassles...LOTS of friendly people here...Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@bombastinator ...Zenith's Top-Fill led me to throw all my Bottom-Fill Tanks out the window...

argh. Not sure. It’s the really new one I think. There was a thread here about it recently. I was just parroting what I read. There may have been a picture. Sorry I can’t be of more help :/

Reactions: gerrymi

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
If you like the Zenith, the next time you need replacement coils, order from kangerwholesaleusa.com (AKA Lightfire). The .8 and 1.6 ohm coils are $6.10 per five-pack there, and if you order thirteen boxes, you'll qualify for free shipping and an extra 10% discount may show up when you check out.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

@Shawn Hoefer ... Looked up the Zlide...it appears to be 2ml....(although I personally prefer 4ml.)…

I had heard a "rumor" that there was a "new Zenith" coming out. Its "advantage" of having replaceable glass was balanced by its "disadvantage" that the coil's ejuice holes were no longer closed off while refilling...leading to possible flooding...

Might that have been the Zlide???

Think you'll LOVE them...:thumbs:

Any hassles...LOTS of friendly people here...Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Yup. That's the Zlide... It's the Zenith simplified.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
For me, the main improvement of the Zlide over the
Zenith (which the reviewer doesn't mention) is that the glass is removable/replaceable. And I'm glad to see that it incorporates something to prevent flooding (my main concern when I first read about the new iteration of the tank was that the juice flow would no longer be cut off during filling). It sounds pretty good now. The thing is, I have such an investment in Zeniths and I'm so content with them, that I probably will never try the Zlide, on the principle of not fixing something that ain't broke.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
it incorporates something to prevent flooding (my main concern when I first read about the new iteration of the tank was that the juice flow would no longer be cut off during filling).

So...Zazie...just to clarify...you're saying the Zlide does cut off the juice flow (like the Zenith) during refilling???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread