Looking for the Canadian perspective on PV and e liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another Newbie question.

As I understand Canada still has a ban on importing these things, is that still true? Are they really enforcing it or is it easy to purchase from US suppliers and health Canada just blowing smoke? Am I better to purchase from within Canada? What are your favourite vendors to deal with and which ones should I stay away from? I am on Vancouver island BC so what are best west coast suppliers?

I guess I have to get to my 5 posts to be able to get into the Canadian forum and PM suppliers list. I have been able to find a few online. But still don't always trust the internet. The people that have responded to me in this forum seem to be great so your advice is appreciated as there is a much good info as bad just surfing around.

I am really excited about making the change from analog cigs to a new PV. I want to order one tomorrow but still not sure on model and if I should get from US or Canada.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Yes their is a ban and packages containing nicotine could get seized.

But you can order a kit from the US with no problems. As ling as it doesnt include any juice or order any in the same order, youll be fine. Just make sure the PV order only has the PV/accessories so theres no chance youd lose it

I am thinking of getting the Joye 510 tank version. I was leaning more towards the Ego T yesterday but I think for the change from analog to PV that the feel might be the same and charging is no big deal as I am on computer all day and can charge in my truck or home pretty easily.

But after joining the forum today I have been looking at others with bigger battery and mods. But I think if I can start with a cig like feel and upgrade to better PV once I figure out the basics. I can use smaller during the day at work in public and bigger better for home and on the road. Whats your thoughts?

Keep the advice coming the feed back is really helpful navigating all this.

Cheers

kellyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
British Columbia
When I first started I was set on the 510 also learned in a hurry that I needed more battery life and more vapor so I purchased the ego t that was alot better but the taste was so so. I would. Suggest to you to get the new ego-c that just came out a few weeks ago the vapor is great the taste is 10times better than the ego-t the parts are cheaper to replace and you have a dealer right on the island at nicfit nation he only deals with joyetech products and is very helpful you ask a question and he gets back to you very quickly I have dealt with him alot highly recommend him I got my ego-c from him a couple of weeks ago and really happy with it.

Any recommendations on what flavours to try first I prefer a Canadian smoke taste but have spent alot of time traveling and in the end I have smoked pretty much everything so no big preference and my taste buds have suffered. So to be honest I have never really liked the taste of smokes just need the nicotine and that good smoke feel. Coffee a bit that way to. So flavours like vanilla and berries I look forward to more than the ashtray mouth thing I have with cheap smokes. All these flavours is a real positive for the whole experience. Jugheads I have heard good things about and would love to try and I think I would really like a butta fing'z or peachy keen. If I smoke 1-1.5 packs a day what mg should I start at.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
No 3ml bottles for 1.99 this is the best way to try and find the flavors you like take it from me I ordered a 30ml bottle of juice from the name alone thinking it would taste good I tried it once and it tasted like crap now its sitting in a drawer for emergencies lol

I also have a full reject drawer :p

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
Most people start with either 18mg or 24mg. It might be best to order some of both. Generally, the stronger nic strength will cut down on your cravings. You could vape the 24 during the day and the 18 in the evening in case the stronger nic interferes with your sleeping pattern.

Also, make sure to drinks lots of water. It's easy to get dehydrated when you start vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread