looking for the right clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

blevok

Dec 25, 2012
chicago area
ahoy, i've been reading here since i started vaping a few months ago, but this is my first post. i've spent a fair amount of money trying to figure out what's best for me, and i could use some help finalizing my setup without spending too much more.

i'm using a 50/50 tobacco flavor from wordup, in a g5 510 clearomizer with a 400 mAh vision spinner and a cone. my sweet spot is 3.5-3.8 volts with a 2.2 ohm g5. what i'm looking for is a clearomizer that vapes like the g5, but isn't so fragile.

the problem is that the top of the tube cracks. the first one cracked straight down from the top about 1/8 inch, from being in my pocket i guess, and the crack extended to about a half inch when i dropped it 2 feet onto concrete. after that i got a small tube to slip it into when in my pocket, so the tip doesn't get touched. i also wrapped a small piece of clear tape around the top of the tube to strengthen it. this has helped a little. without the tape, it starts to crack within 4 or 5 days, and once the crack is about 1/4 inch long, it's garbage because the tip won't seal good anymore. with the tape, it's good for 8 or 9 days, then several smaller cracks start to form, but grow slowly. i can get about 2-3 weeks out of it. i don't really need a clearomizer to last longer than that if its cheap, but i don't want to have to be super careful or mess with taping each one.

the only other clearomizer i tried was the vivi nova slim, and i hated it. the vapor was cold and very airy. i tried putting the tip from a g5 on it, and that helped a little with the airyness by restricting the draw a bit, but it was still cold. the flavor also sucked, but it did have a good throat hit. the g5 on the other hand is warm, great flavor and perfect throat hit every time.

i don't think that reading the descriptions of a hundred clearomizers will be much help, and i don't put a whole lot of stock in reviews anymore, since everyone has different taste, and it seems that i don't like what lots of others do like (vivi nova). i'm hoping that someone with more experience can offer some suggestions. i want something decently sturdy, warm, slow draw, and not huge. the vision nano and v2 clearomizers look interesting, and so does the ce4, but i think any of them will still be a crap shoot.

thanks for any help you folks can offer.

mgb_

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
asdf
I wanted to find a clearo that worked so bad I purchased just about everyone out.... I'm a chain vapor when I vape, several drags back to back for 30/40 minutes about 3 times a day and none of the clearo's worked for me. If you take 3-5 drags and let it sit for 30 minutes they all seemed to work pretty good, the vivi nova being my favorite. However i've found tank cartos worked best for me. I can punch larger or smaller holes in the carto depending how frequently i plan to vape, they hold more, and i can always take dry hits or rewet them with a few drops if needed.

Chrispixx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Buffalo,N.Y.
I have two Kanger T2's and they work great. They are top coil so they have a warmer vape. I have a Kanger T3 and it does not work as well, but it could be the juice i have in it. The T3 is a bottom coil so it will be a cooler vape.

One thing i have found with my clearomiser's is that now that it is below freezing outside the juice gets cold and thicker and i get dry hits. I have to hold the clearo up to the heater dashboard vent for a few minutes to warm up the juice when i am in my car or work truck.

This may make me switch back to the ego mega dual coil cartromizers until summer returns. I get the "shorty" version at Madvapes, they work flawless and hold twice as much as most normal clearomizers.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
It sounds like you need a top coil clearomizer with a tight draw. You could try a Kanger M3. They're better known for 808's, but they come 510 threaded as well. They're not very pocket friendly, but when I used them they were pretty durable. I dropped mine several times and never had a crack or leak, although I never put cinnamon in one. I found them to run too hot on my 3.7v regulated battery, so you may like them just fine on a twist.

They are pricey, but you can get them individually at EVCigarettes for $3.00 each plus shipping. Mine generally lasted 2 weeks,and I'm vaping 3 or more ml a day.

The M3 is so far the only clearo I've enjoyed, but I would only use them on an unregulatred battery r on a VV battery.

You could also try other top coil clearos for the warmer vapor. I've never tried them, but I've heard good things about the T2 and the Phoenix from GotVapes.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Grimheart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Hell, Mississippi
mini VV tank is also good. consider tat

This. I've tried every clearo I could get my grubby hands on and I hated every single one of them. If you are a chain vapor stay clear of clearos.

Edit: ugh, I quoted the wrong post. A tank and carto system is gtg for chain vaping.

Last edited:

igloo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
My all time favorite was the VIVI NOVA, until the kanger T3 came out this is the best clearomizer period on the market IMHO, I have tried dozens of different ones including, ce3,ce4,ce4+,ce5, vivi nova all versions except the lattest, splitfires, all of the DV brand clearo's they have all been put to shame by The kanger T3, its amazing holds 3 ml is a bottom coil so no dry hit, and I vape anywhere from 3ml-5ml a day and a coil usually last me about 1.5-2 weeks which is the longest life I have gotten with a clearo yet. I could trash the coil on a VIVI nova in 2 days if I was really vaping but usually about a 4 days with the VIVI for me at least. The only downside to the T3 which I dont consider a downside since I can get the replcement coils for about $0.50 a piece is they are a pain in the ... to rebuild.

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
I go back and forth between the Vivi Nova (I have 2 minis and a regular one) and the little 3ml slim carto-tank. They all seem to perform well. If you hate the Vivi Nova, maybe a carto-tank is the next step. They are pretty trouble free for me so far. If you prime the carto correctly it's about a fuss-free as a system gets.

I waited until I found a good all-day juice to go with a carto-tank system, mainly because with the clearos you can try new juices easier. I haven't tried my hand at cleaning and dry burning a cartomizer, and I don't suspect I will.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
The T3 is not what everyone says it is IMO. I also like the T2 better. I currently have a T3 leaking all over my desk. Im over the clearo's. Way to inconsistent. They look cool and its nice to see your juice but one might work good for a tank then crap out. Another might work good for a week and its done. The only one I have ever tried that does not leak, and vapes well every time is the Vivi Nova 2.5. Thats about the time I gave up till I was sucked into the the T3 hype. Spent $18 more on the junk. The nova I have has the first head and has been in service for 4 months and is used only on occasion, but so is the T3 and I have my opinion as its first tank is leaking out. JUNK. I think the T4 has a top coil now? Might be better. One thing you have to consider. If they are on version 555 then they probably all suck.

blevok

Dec 25, 2012
chicago area
well i'm definitely staying with clearo's. i don't like carto's, and i want to keep it small, so no huge tank/carto's either. i am pretty much a chain vaper, but i'm confident that i'll eventually find the perfect clearo for me. however, i'm kinda back to feeling that i'm just gonna have to try one after another without too much scientific method involved. there's just too many variables, and it shows in the widely mixed reviews that i've read about all these clearo's. i think the kanger t2 and the stardust v3 are the first ones i'll try, but i'll also try out the kanger m3, t4 and the vision nano. hopefully one of them will fit the bill. thanks for the suggestions, i have enough to keep me busy for a bit.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
well i'm definitely staying with clearo's. i don't like carto's, and i want to keep it small, so no huge tank/carto's either. i am pretty much a chain vaper, but i'm confident that i'll eventually find the perfect clearo for me. however, i'm kinda back to feeling that i'm just gonna have to try one after another without too much scientific method involved. there's just too many variables, and it shows in the widely mixed reviews that i've read about all these clearo's. i think the kanger t2 and the stardust v3 are the first ones i'll try, but i'll also try out the kanger m3, t4 and the vision nano. hopefully one of them will fit the bill. thanks for the suggestions, i have enough to keep me busy for a bit.
I felt the same way about 6 months ago when I started throwing good money at bad product. I eventually realized it was a mistake. Back then clearo's where the biggest rip in the industry IMO. Thats why you see so many revisions, and products that where discontinued. In recent time I have found a few good ones. I would pick the t-2 over the t-3. My t-3 lasted one tank before it started flooding and leaking out the bottom. Thats with 70% vg so its thick and less resistant to leaking then high pg. I would also save yourself some cash and forget about the Nano. Muted taste and very little vapor production. They also leak. I seen one vendor said to put the cap on as soon as you fill it. I did that with 3 of them and two made a puddle on my desk.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
ahoy, i've been reading here since i started vaping a few months ago, but this is my first post. i've spent a fair amount of money trying to figure out what's best for me, and i could use some help finalizing my setup without spending too much more.

i'm using a 50/50 tobacco flavor from wordup, in a g5 510 clearomizer with a 400 mAh vision spinner and a cone. my sweet spot is 3.5-3.8 volts with a 2.2 ohm g5. what i'm looking for is a clearomizer that vapes like the g5, but isn't so fragile.

the problem is that the top of the tube cracks. the first one cracked straight down from the top about 1/8 inch, from being in my pocket i guess, and the crack extended to about a half inch when i dropped it 2 feet onto concrete. after that i got a small tube to slip it into when in my pocket, so the tip doesn't get touched. i also wrapped a small piece of clear tape around the top of the tube to strengthen it. this has helped a little. without the tape, it starts to crack within 4 or 5 days, and once the crack is about 1/4 inch long, it's garbage because the tip won't seal good anymore. with the tape, it's good for 8 or 9 days, then several smaller cracks start to form, but grow slowly. i can get about 2-3 weeks out of it. i don't really need a clearomizer to last longer than that if its cheap, but i don't want to have to be super careful or mess with taping each one.

the only other clearomizer i tried was the vivi nova slim, and i hated it. the vapor was cold and very airy. i tried putting the tip from a g5 on it, and that helped a little with the airyness by restricting the draw a bit, but it was still cold. the flavor also sucked, but it did have a good throat hit. the g5 on the other hand is warm, great flavor and perfect throat hit every time.

i don't think that reading the descriptions of a hundred clearomizers will be much help, and i don't put a whole lot of stock in reviews anymore, since everyone has different taste, and it seems that i don't like what lots of others do like (vivi nova). i'm hoping that someone with more experience can offer some suggestions. i want something decently sturdy, warm, slow draw, and not huge. the vision nano and v2 clearomizers look interesting, and so does the ce4, but i think any of them will still be a crap shoot.

thanks for any help you folks can offer.

Try this baby, Genesis DiD Clone (Rebuildable)

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/genesis.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread