Looking into DIY Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Looking to order my stuff to make my juices. If I order the MFS special of 100mg nic what's the best base to get. I mainly use a 12 mg 50/50 juice now but would like to know if I would be able to achieve other mixs ie 60/40 70/30 and so on. Also if I got a 12mg 50/50 nic base already then I could just add flavoring right? Any help would be great. Sorry for the newbie Question about DIY just been reading so much I've totally confused my self! :facepalm:

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Very easy to do different ratios of PG/VG. Here's a calculator you can download for free -

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

You can play with it to get use to it. Just fill in all the fields....at the bottom you can put your ratio for PG and VG as you would your desired ratio to be.

If you get a 50/50 base then you would not be able to change it....unless you also have PG and VG on hand.

I get both PG and VG. My nicotine is 100mg with VG. I tend to vape at a high VG level.

Good Luck to You...Happy vaping!!!

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Rule of thumb here is 50/50 it don't matter but if you vape a higher PG concentration get PG if you vape a higher VG concentration get VG. The higher the particular concentration the more important it is that the NIC solution should be in the proper base. Middle of the road lets say 30/70 - 70/30 is not to important but it starts to get important in the 20/80 to 80/20 range. also remember that the flavor base also counts toward the final ratio as most flavorings are in PG and is additive to the ratio of the base.

Last edited:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Rule of thumb here is 50/50 it don't matter but if you vape a higher PG concentration get PG if you vape a higher VG concentration get VG. The higher the particular concentration the more important it is that the NIC solution should be in the proper base. Middle of the road lets say 30/70 - 70/30 is not to important but it starts to get important in the 20/80 to 80/20 range. also remember that the flavor base also counts toward the final ratio as most flavorings are in PG and is additive to the ratio of the base.

Thanks Danny. Like I said it was confusing from all I read but now you are putting things in order for me.

Very easy to do different ratios of PG/VG. Here's a calculator you can download for free -

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

You can play with it to get use to it. Just fill in all the fields....at the bottom you can put your ratio for PG and VG as you would your desired ratio to be.

If you get a 50/50 base then you would not be able to change it....unless you also have PG and VG on hand.

I get both PG and VG. My nicotine is 100mg with VG. I tend to vape at a high VG level.

Good Luck to You...Happy Vaping!!!

Thanks Keonee. I tried to install that on my computer but for some reason it won't open. Something about a program I'm missing but there are plenty of others I'm sure.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks Danny. Like I said it was confusing from all I read but now you are putting things in order for me.

Thanks Keonee. I tried to install that on my computer but for some reason it won't open. Something about a program I'm missing but there are plenty of others I'm sure.

You need to install .net framework.

http://www.microsoft.com/net/downloads

Just download file click it and let it install nothing more to do.

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Ok so if I order this Nicotine Solution 12mg Pure USP Grade - Liter Heartlandvapes Wholesale in 50/50 then all I have to do is add flavor. Right?

There's a little more to it then add flavor and shake.

Here's some light reading recommendations for you

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Got ya. Thanks. So I'm probably better off with the 100mg and then just make my adjustments from there. Thanks all I really appreciate the help

Probably best to start with a lower concentration until you get the hang of it. All nic handling should be cautionary but the 100mg nic even more so. If you intend to use 12mg and below a nic base of 24mg or higher would work just fine.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
How do you you prefer to store your nic liquid. I've heard that most people place it in the frezer. Would it be placed in a Amber glass bottle or are the plastic bottles ok. Also would it have to be thawed to room temp before you mix it.

Thanks in advance

i use the 60mg VG nic base from MFS. i store the amber child proof bottle inside a large ziplok bag and then into a tupperware container that is clearly labeled. i keep it in the back of the refrigerator . i make my liquid 45/55 pg/vg @4mg. works well for me. i only use glass for storing nic/liquid as i have been told plastic can leach over time. good luck.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I vape at 3mg. I rebottle my 48 mg nic base into used Wizard Labs flavoring bottles. Only a very small bubble left at the top. I then keep those bottles in the freezer. It doesn't take much time at all to warm one up-- I use my armpit. I mix my unflavored in 100 ml batches, using nearly a whole bottle. If I have some nic left, I just return it to the freezer, since it won't get lost or misidentified that way. Colored glass is not necessary, since, so far as I know, the freezer is dark 99% of the time.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
You can also use 48mg nic as a starting point, as it's reasonably safe to work with, vs. the 100mg nic.

I just get a 120ml bottle of 100mg and cut it in half, giving me 240ml of 50mg nic to work with.
Great nicotine base sold here: Vapers Tek
And here:100mg VT Nicotine Solution - Bull City Vapor
But it looks like BullCity is oos ATM.

The 100mg is usually a better value, ie., more bang for your buck, so to speak.

Think I started with 18mg or 24mg tho, as I was worried about safety too.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Sample E-Liquid . . . . 30 ml . . . . . . 50% PG / 50% VG - 18mg

15 ml . . . . 50 % . . . . Unflavored Glycerin . . . . . . . . n . . . VG

. 9 ml . . . . 30 % . . . . Unflavored PG Nicotine - 60mg . m . PG

..6 ml . . . . 20 % . . . . Flavoring . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. PG

This simple example above might help the OP understand the ratio better:

Total juice will be 30 ml

15 ml (1/2 of the total amount) is VG Glycerin and the rest is PG ... Notice that the flavoring is also PG (most of it is)

So, that gives us a 50% PG / 50% VG finished juice

As far as the total nicotine, we are using 9 ml of 60 ml unflavored PG liquid

9 x 60 = 540

Then divide the 540 by the amount to juice we made (30 ml)

This makes for an 18mg Nic finished juice

Last edited:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
You can also use 48mg nic as a starting point, as it's reasonably safe to work with, vs. the 100mg nic.....The 100mg is usually a better value, ie., more bang for your buck, so to speak.

Think I started with 18mg or 24mg tho, as I was worried about safety too.
It depends on the size of your freezer. Mine is 1 1/4 cu ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread