Looking to get back into genesis atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
USA, Oregon
It's been years and years since I've used genni tanks recently picked up a few older authentics after playing with my OG line SS and an aga something or another was wondering if anything had progressed in the building and mesh wicking I've got some #300,325,400,500 sheets using my usual MTL builds 1.0-1.4 ohm builds just curious what you guys are using to wick 70+vg on 2.4-3mm wick holes?

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
I haven't used 500 count for anything. 400 would probably be a good start. Those resistances are in the ball park of what i have been building as well. If you have a wick hole greater than or equal to 3mm--28 g kan is nice and sturdy.

On the attys that i currently have in rotation--the largest wick hole fits a 2.5mm jig. I use drill bits to wind a coil on the atty. 32g kan and 34g kan for my aga titaniums(2.0mm wick hole). Aga devices are great, i love them. But those little jam nuts are often stripped out of the box. Hardware stores carry stainless steel hex nuts. Metric 2.0mm hex nuts work perfectly on aga devices--and hold the pos lead wire.

32g and 34g wire are a pain to learn. But here's the thing--i haven't even had to clean the coils of my aga gennys for almost two months. And i have used them quite heavily. I like the flavour that i get with builds with fine gauge wire.

Solid wicks, but rolled not super tight. I oxidize, so that my coil will last longer. I seem to damage my wires and burn holes in the mesh if i attempt the pulse method.

Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread