Looking to upgrade- best cig-a-like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I started out with prosmoke and it's terrible. Don't use that or blu. As you already said is bad. I have mods but I too like the feel of a cig in my hand. I just ordered a halo g6 and couldn't be happier. Great size and vapor production and good flavors. I would go with that. I have also heard good things about the volt and eroll so I won't discredit them. I almost got a volt. The g6 is very similar to volt. Kr808. If you get a g6. You won't regret it. Trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
It's not that I dislike them. cigalikes offer portability, but at a cost. As the OP was saying, he has had problems with the battery and the battery life.

The Blu is around 90mah though, so of course the battery is not going to last long.

What Blu has going for it is that it feels like holding a cigarette. For some people that's very important. Even a 510 or 808 will be a little bit bigger than a king size cigarette (a shorty 808 is the length of a 100, but quite a bit thicker), but they still are closer than an Ego, which reminds me more of using a hookah than a cigarette.

I think Alisa is onto something... I've messed around with Ego batteries (because it's what most on ECF recommend), even considering a variable voltage mod, but still not completely kicked the habit of smoking (though I have cut down a lot and even started to get some of the quitter's detox going on). I think its because the setups that are popular with more veteran vapers on ECF do not replicate many of the important aspects of smoking for some people, and a cig-a-like can do this, particularly if it is paired with a good juice. I now think juice is more important than the hardware, it seems many on ECF are fascinated with technology and gadgetry but I believe the juice is more important.

Another option for somebody to consider upgrading from Blu would be getting a Blu premium kit, which is a 510 cartomizer setup (the basic Blu is not a 510, though the threads are the same). Then you can buy third party cartomizers and refill them yourself. I have considered doing this as well, but right now I am happy with my KR808's and I plan to get rid of most of my Ego batteries and focus on cig-a-likes, as my focus is getting off analogs, not finding a new gadget-focused hobby.

Last edited:

aaggarw

Moved On
Jul 30, 2014
Buffalo Grove, IL
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread