Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I have an eGo-T system right now, and it's nice. I like it, but I'm looking to upgrade. I don't want to jump straight to the big guns, so what would be the logical next step forward? I'm open to kits as well as mods.

Logical step? Or affordable step?

I feel that I'm currently on the next step up from the eGo-T. I use a 14500 mod, namely Altsmoke's Alpha, with Smoktech cartos from Madvapes, and just started Diying my liquid.

The Alpha isn't for everyone though, fyi. It's a very nice, sleek looking mod with a but of a taper at the center of the battery portion. The button is actually the top-cap, when it's pressed down, it makes connection with the battery and fires. Having been using it since September, my former lighter callous on my thumbs is now an Alpha-button callous. Mostly because I never put this thing down. :)

I think my next step is going to be into a Silver Bullet...give the larger battery a try and see if I can go for more than half a day without changing batteries. :)

-X

Edit: Oh, and the tank atties will work with just about anything you decide to get, just make sure you get a couple of 510 extenders, because the cone won't fit on most of them. Or you can see what refilling cartos constantly is all about. :)

alanselo

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
I also wanted to upgrade but didn't want to spend a bunch of money and then not be happy. So I went from an e-go to a variable volt box mod, garage door opener, and added a syringe tank, now have a carto tank.

The garage door opener and carto tank came from madvapes for a total of about 50 bucks. It has been easy on the wallet, easy to use, easy to tote around, easy to fill, just easy all around. I am happy with it. The variable volt allows me to dial in any carto in an instant. It isn't fancy but it works for me. So far it has been reliable as well. I now have an extra carto tank and a couple of syringe tanks as well. The cartos have lasted me 3 weeks and still going.

Oh and I did have to buy a 2 sets of batteries, 14500, and a charger. Still kept it at about 60 bucks or so but since I haven't bought any hardware in that time I think it has been a very good choice for me. Good luck to you

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The next logical step would be a model that would provide warmer vapor and more consistency. IMO, that would be a good 5 volt model or a good variable volt model. The 5 volt GLV2 is the top of the line 5 volt model and comes with a lifetime warranty. There are several good VV models. I prefer the Darwin because of the advanced technological features not found on any other model and the long battery life, 21+ hours on a charge and doubles as a pass-through.

5 volt GLV2: Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Power regulated, variable wattage Darwin: Nhaler

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I'm a +1 with going from an eGo-T to a REO. I posted a thread similar to yours and had a couple people recommend the REO. I'm SO glad I listened. I had planned on owning several different mods, but after owning a reo the search for the next best thing has ended. I fill up the 6ml juice bottle and pop in a battery and am set all day into the next morning. (and I love using an atty all day long without ever having to drip!)
Good luck in finding your perfect set up!

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
The next logical step would be a model that would provide warmer vapor and more consistency. IMO, that would be a good 5 volt model or a good variable volt model. The 5 volt GLV2 is the top of the line 5 volt model and comes with a lifetime warranty. There are several good VV models. I prefer the Darwin because of the advanced technological features not found on any other model and the long battery life, 21+ hours on a charge and doubles as a pass-through.

5 volt GLV2: Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Power regulated, variable wattage Darwin: Nhaler

While I'm all for spreading the 5V-Love, there is still a world of difference between say an eGo and a true 3.7v device. The 3.7s are the most popular item on the market, especially in combination with LR attys/cartos. I do honestly believe that the next step up from a 3.2 device is to a 3.7.

VV is great and all, but it's not for everyone, and it's another level of complexity that people entering the mod-world don't need.

-X

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
While I'm all for spreading the 5V-Love, there is still a world of difference between say an eGo and a true 3.7v device. The 3.7s are the most popular item on the market, especially in combination with LR attys/cartos. I do honestly believe that the next step up from a 3.2 device is to a 3.7.

VV is great and all, but it's not for everyone, and it's another level of complexity that people entering the mod-world don't need.

-X

Obviously I don't agree. There have actually been several posts where a new member purchased a Provari or Darwin as their first PV and were glad they did. For someone who has been vaping, already, the warmer vapor and much better consistency is significant over any 3.7 volt model.

And I don't get the "complicated" part at all. With a variable volt model, you only add one step, which is turn the adjustment wheel to the power level you prefer and then vape as usual. This isn't rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread