Looks like Joyetech just raised their prices by over 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
Hello EFC'ers!

Just got an email from LiteCigUSA (the store I use mostly) about joyetech changing their prices. I had no doubt that they went up and of course was right. Just for a reference, the EgoT kit went from $60 to $75. Pretty steep actually. Don't know if other stores caught up to the price change yet, so wanted to post this in case someone here was about to order the kit or parts. There's a chance you may still be able to get a hold of the old stock somewhere.

Gene

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
I saw that too. It's a bit depressing, if you ask me. I bought my kit for $79 in February of 2010, my MIL was able to buy hers for $59 in October of 2010 *and* her kit came standard with more stuff than mine did! I don't understand why Joye feels the need for their product to be so expensive, I would love to hear their end of it.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Back in May i paid 71.99 at Myvaporstore for a Joye eGo-tank System XXL 1000mAh Starter Kit that included

Package Contents:

2 x XXL 1000mAh manual eGo-Tank MEGA Batteries (lock/unlock feature)
2 x eGo-Tank atomizers
5 x eGo-Tank Cartridges (Cartridge color is random)
1 x eGo USB Rapid Charger
1 x Wall to USB Adapter
1 x eGo Cloth Pouch
1 x eGo User Manual

recently the price dropped to 64.99 at Myvaporstore and those 2 battery's that came with it are still charging well for me.
Now its my secondary device as i bought a mod.

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
I got exactly the same kit as Dieseler but with 650Mah batteries in August for $59.99 at litecigusa and the price remained the same until today.

Joyetech obviously know how popular their product is and as many companies want to make all the money and now,
not thinking about all other alternatives available. 25% is a bit high, but oh well..

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
The way I understand the email, Joye is pulling a Apple type marketing scheme and fixing retailers pricing to remain an authorized Joye retailer.

Naa. I don't think they can. This is not pc vs mac. This is more like flashlight vs flashlight. ;-) You guys need to consider buying clones if you think the originals are too expensive. I don't even regard them as clones. Thing about it is I paid more for the "clone" as I came to find out. But I know where to buy now and which ones to buy.

These are not some complicated devices like a cordless drill or a vacuum cleaner, some of which cost as much as a PV. It's a simple battery with a housing and a switch. You can even make your own if you spend the time learning how. Point is, they can raise the price as much as they want, but I'm not going to bite unless it got some revolutionary features that let me vape for hours on end without constant recharging and refilling.

;-)

Last edited:

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
These price increases....would not have anything to do with the FDA or increased taxation would they? As a 25 year analogue smoker who saw prices rise from $2 a pack to over $7 almost overnight. With the loss of untold millions of dollars in tax revenue directly attributable to long term smokers switching to e cigs.....its a matter of time before they try to find a way to make up their losses.

(Hoping this is just one manufacturer getting greedy and not the start of a trend)

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
My local vendor recently put up a message about Joyetech prices being raised this evening on FB.

"Also note that Joyetech is soon to be rolling out mandatory retail pricing. We're already pretty close to their suggested prices so we're not sure if we'll be asked to change ours but you'll probably see other vendors making adjustments. Those who don't comply will be cut off. Joyetech is trying to really market their brand. Some of you may have noticed the new packaging that has been coming out."

That was from Vapor Kings FB page.

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
That's for sure considering I've owned both Riva batts and eGo batts and prefer Riva for more than just the price. I've got a Riva batt from my original kit from six months ago still vaping and charging like a champ while I've had to toss eGo batts due to one issue or another. Also, consider that on LF the price for the Riva 510 lite kit is still only $29.99 with their 20% discount while the Joye eGo kit is $39.99 and the only difference is that the eGo kit has an extra cone. For serious.

are-you-serious.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread