Loose Spring ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
I just tried to stretch the spring in my e-power. I ended up accidently pulling the spring out. So I stretched out a bit and slid it back in. Without the battery in the spring seems to just lay in there. It kind of tilts some side to side. I centered it up and put the battery in. With the battery in it seems to provide enough pressure to keep the spring in place. Everything seems to work fine and I cant hear any jiggling. So my question is it safe to use this way and is there any way to properly secure the spring in place ?

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
The bottom part of the spring is round and made to push down into the case all the way around. The pressure keeps the spring in. I have used a small screw-driver to push that part down until it's snug. As long as it makes a good connection it's fine.

I have done this on lots of other stuff, just not an e-power. Battery compartments are all pretty much the same.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
Well that did it. I was thinking that the pressure of the battery would place the spring all the way at the bottom, apparently I was wrong. I went around the heads with a long thin flat head screwdriver and now it is firmly placed at the bottom of the tube with no wiggle. I appreciate your response it appears to have solved my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread