LorAnn v. TFA Watermelon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
I make an ADV of Watermelon Lemonade. Ordinarily I use TFA Watermelon, but I ran out. The local Hobby Lobby sells a few LorAnn flavors, so I got some watermelon. HOLY SMOKIN MELON. Much stronger, sweeter taste. CANDY. It is going to be hard to figure out what else to mix this with, because the flavoring is so much stronger.

Are all of the LorAnn's this way? Is it because they are mostly marketed to candy/cake makers? I am still trying to decide which one I like better, but this is a nice change. It has me re-thinking certain TFA flavors that I thought I would enjoy, but not so much. Maybe a different manufacturer of the same flavor? Don't get me wrong, I still like the TFA, but SUCH a difference.

Anyone have a certain flavor that stinks when made by one manufacturer, yet is awesome when made by another? SO much to this DIY stuff...:ohmy:

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Please share your lemonade recipe! Ive been thinking about trying TFA lemon, Em, Peach and Koolada for a peach lemonade with a good throat hit. Havent gotten around to mixing it up yet. What sweetener are you using for lemonade, EM, Stevia...etc?

For your original question, i tried my first DIY will all Loranns and everything turned up tasting like candy. Not saying thats a bad thing, but I like TFA much more as mixes turn out like I expect, versus tasting like a mouthful of various jolly rancher flavors.

Last edited:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I DO NOT like any perfume in my 'flavors' - nope.... and thus, will stay away from TFA/TPA brand flavors... my first Lorann flavors tried were NOT concentrated ones and thus it took me weeks to reach 20% flavor and finally begin to taste something similar to the name on the bottle... (not happy with those flavors that are NOT concentrated)... but then again, I've not tried any 'super concentrated' ones (yet) either, those that say four times the flavor - but would think those, used sparingly would be much more cost effective and take less space to store (hubby & I are retired and fulltime RVers, so our 'space' is limited!)... I'm finding all the questions and answers on ECF fascinating to read!! I also appreciate the many who offer their 2 cents worth! cuz I really learn from it all too!
Some manufacturers of flavors have different levels of the strength of the flavors - and I'm still learning this and who that statement applies to...
My favorite manufacturers presently are Capellas and Hangsen (china but sold in USA) - not so interested in trying more of Lorann or TFA/TPA flavors... and that's my 2 cents worth after DIY/vaping for 7 mos. (talking just about DIY flavors here, not premade juices)
NancyB

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
I make an ADV of Watermelon Lemonade. Ordinarily I use TFA Watermelon, but I ran out. The local Hobby Lobby sells a few LorAnn flavors, so I got some watermelon. HOLY SMOKIN MELON. Much stronger, sweeter taste. CANDY. It is going to be hard to figure out what else to mix this with, because the flavoring is so much stronger.

Are all of the LorAnn's this way? Is it because they are mostly marketed to candy/cake makers? I am still trying to decide which one I like better, but this is a nice change. It has me re-thinking certain TFA flavors that I thought I would enjoy, but not so much. Maybe a different manufacturer of the same flavor? Don't get me wrong, I still like the TFA, but SUCH a difference

Anyone have a certain flavor that stinks when made by one manufacturer, yet is awesome when made by another? SO much to this DIY stuff...:ohmy:

I picked up that loanns 4 times consentrated watermelon today at hobby lobby, what percentages did you use it at? They only had about 10 flavors at my hobby lobby. THey had a few emulsions but they all had gums ect.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have spent more money searching for a watermelon that DOES taste like jolly rancher than I've spent on any other juice/flavoring search. I found one and in two months it was changed to fresh watermelon taste which is okay but I love watermelon jolly ranchers. Thanks for this thread. I'm going to try some Lorann's. Every other one I've tried so far taste like perfume... what a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread