Not open for further replies.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Finally got some watermelon flavors to try:

TFA Watermelon: jolly-rancher/candy style / a bit weak [ Rank #2 ]
FA Watermelon: more real, fruity, rind / a bit weak [ Rank #4]
CAP Dbl Watermelon: stronger, between TFA and FA on the candy/fruit scale - peach note? [Rank #3]
CAP Sweet Watermelon: sweeter but not as candy as TFA. My favorite of the four. [Rank #1]

3rd tester mix with CAP Sweet Watermelon:

Watermelon
Nicotine Strength 6.00 mg
PG Level 56.00%
VG Level 44.00%
Amount to make 5.000 ml

Watermelon Sweet (CAP), 6.00%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA), 1.00%
Sweetner (TFA), 1.00%

Not bad, seems to need some breathing time.
A lot of my mixes I use two main flavors notes: Blueberry wild and then 1/2 of that Blueberry Extra etc.
Gonna try Watermelon Sweet CAP 5% and TFA Watermelon 2%.
And then throw a touch of Strawberry Ripe TFA in for a mix.

Anyone have some watermelon notes to share?
Mixing ideas?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Sweet Watermelon is my least favorite of any I've tried. All I get is rind from it.

FA and TFA mixed 50/50 is my usual. (3.33% each)
I just got Inawera Watermelon and it's good and strong but not what I'm looking for. I've used it to boost the strength of TFA Watermelon Candy.

TFA Cucumber in small amounts may be some missing watermelon notes. (.66%)
I heard long ago a small amount of TFA Pineapple is good in watermelon. (.66%)
TFA Sour, because you need sour. (.66%)
Wintergreen goes good in watermelon. Even on the rare times I've tasted it it's good there. (1.33%)
The percentages I use these in my just watermelon is in parenthesis.

For your copying pleasure:
Watermelon (TFA) 3.33%
Watermelon (FA) 3.33%
Wintergreen (TFA) 1.33%
Cucumber (TFA) .66%
Sour (TFA) .66%
Pineapple (TFA) .66%

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really suck at watermelons (I don't even like the Jolly rancher's version I think it tastes like gaseous plastic). Unless it's real, actual watermelon I don't want much to do with it. Same for cherry, too.

IT IS CHERRY season, but they haven't gotten cheap enough for me to buy though. Am going out later.

Hmm... pardon the massive digression, I may try vaping watermelon SOMETIME who knows. I mean...

Anna

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
I really suck at watermelons (I don't even like the Jolly rancher's version I think it tastes like gaseous plastic). Unless it's real, actual watermelon I don't want much to do with it. Same for cherry, too.
Anna

When I first started vaping, I had watermelon - enjoyed it.
Haven't had any since.
Finally getting around to mixing some of my own.
Won't be an ADV for sure, but maybe a nice occasional distraction.

I did mix up some cherry in the past.
Never got much better than cough syrup :eek:

That last mix I did...
Started out ok.
5 min. of vaping - syrupy sweet.
Need to drop the sweetner down and the flavor %'s.
The vanilla swirl is to smooth it out a bit.
Tried CAP sweet cream, didn't cut it.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I will try this for sure. The candy of TFA mixed with the fruit of FA sounds good.

You'll probably like Inawera. It's nearer to Capella's than the other two. It's also stronger than all three. When I was messing with a bubblegum waiting for Watermelon Candy from TFA I started at 4% and dropped it.

I did mix up some cherry in the past.
Never got much better than cough syrup :eek:

I figured odds are cherry flavoring by itself can at best hope for cherry lifesavers. I went with cough syrup and mixed up a menthol with horehound and anise and call it cough syrup (cough drop would probably be closer). It's one of my ADVs.

Now that I'm getting into plums and having a chocolate plum taste like chocolate covered cherries I'm going to try cherry with a little plum to see if that gets more like a real cherry.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
This is gonna sound weird but... I did a test of FW cactus. Strange flavor, on its own. Kind of green, like leafy green, with a hint of lemon/lime. Juicy.

I tried a 1 part cactus to 4 parts TFA watermelon, and the cactus gave it a nice boost. It adds just a hint of rind, that little sour note, and a juicy mouth feel. Not a complete recipe, but I made a note of it for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread