The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

lost flavor on melo III mini tank using pico

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by mtb1000, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mtb1000

mtb1000 Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    when i first bought my eleaf pico the flavor on my juices were amazing. Now i am using ijust2 coils .3 ohm and it seems like i am not getting the flavor i was getting when i first bought it, now it feels like i am getting like half the flavor. Could it be battery related? I am not sure why this is happening

2. AJ Steele

AJ Steele Senior Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Central Missouri
    I don't see it being battery related unless you are using dead batteries? You said you are using a different coil now, that'd be my first guess. Also, is it new to you? Have you been vaping the same juice for a few days, or even just a full day straight? Vaper's tongue is a thing.

3. mtb1000

mtb1000 Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    i keep getting a burnt taste when i out it to 75 watts and give it a good haul i've gone through 4 coils in only a couple weeks... is a burnt hit different then a burnt coil? or once i get the burnt taste is the coil already failing?

4. AJ Steele

AJ Steele Senior Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Central Missouri
    Could be either. Might be you are pushing those coils too hard and getting a dry hit (I don't know offhand what wattage the ijust2 coils are rated for), or might be the coil is just a dud, or it might be time to replace it. Have you tried backing the wattage down?

5. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Well, it's sorta battery related. Or rather, power related. Those coils are not designed to run at 75W. Even eleaf "rates" them at 30-50W not the 75W you're taking it out to. When you start a new coil, start out with a low power setting (wattage). Increase it slowly until you get into the range (get around 30) the vape tastes best for you. Don't keep going until you burn the coil. Every type of tank/coil/and juice will have iss own "sweet spot". Once you know it, you'll know what wattage to set. However, ALL new coils should be primed and ramped up slowly over several puffs until it's in the range that's best for you. Good luck!

There's lots of god info around here, and that Pico is a nice little mod. You'll get it working just fine with a little patience.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mtb1000

mtb1000 Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    the coils i have are .3 ohm and rated 30-80 watts but if i take a big puff on 75 i get a burnt taste. I've gone through a bunch of coils but when i put an old one back in the unit it works again but the flavor isn't there like how it was when i first bought the mod, so i am really confused to what i am doing wrong

7. AJ Steele

AJ Steele Senior Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Central Missouri
    Are you priming the coils?

8. Chuck64

Chuck64 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2015
    NV. USA
    I have an ijust2 that came with the .3 coils. I had to get .5 ohm coils because the stock .3 were just too hot for my liking. Maybe try the 0.5 ohm coils and prime them really good, including dropping liquid into the holes to help saturate them. There were many people burning out ijust2 coils from not properly priming them regardless of which mod they were used on the last time I researched it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuck64

Chuck64 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2015
    NV. USA
    Here's a sampling of threads about the topic.

10. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Rule #1 of Vape Club....

Never believe most of the brands and some of the manufacturers. They'll say anything.

Coil 'ratings' are as accurate weather forecasts. Sure, sometimes you get good advice, mostly it's as reliable as looking into a crystal ball.

The Eleaf iJust 0.3 coils were designed to tolerate 60 watts in perfect conditions. Maybe they can do 100 in some circumstances, who knows, but essentially never trust what the makers say.

• Like Like x 2
  11. daviedog

daviedog Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    Once a coil tastes burnt it should be discarded.
    Loss of flavor, may be cleaned.
    As stated above, new coils should be primed & brought up gradually..

12. rice721

rice721 1.21 GigaWatts! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    1. A very common mistake - remember to prime your new coils
    2. Once a coil produces a burnt hit its probably toast
    3. Don't trust manufacturer's coil wattage ratings...more power does not always equate to a better vape. start low and work your way up
    4. Theres no need to vape prebuilt coils at their highest possible rated wattage, see #3

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.