lost flavor on melo III mini tank using pico

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtb1000

Jun 15, 2016
I don't see it being battery related unless you are using dead batteries? You said you are using a different coil now, that'd be my first guess. Also, is it new to you? Have you been vaping the same juice for a few days, or even just a full day straight? Vaper's tongue is a thing.
i keep getting a burnt taste when i out it to 75 watts and give it a good haul i've gone through 4 coils in only a couple weeks... is a burnt hit different then a burnt coil? or once i get the burnt taste is the coil already failing?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, it's sorta battery related. Or rather, power related. Those coils are not designed to run at 75W. Even eleaf "rates" them at 30-50W not the 75W you're taking it out to. When you start a new coil, start out with a low power setting (wattage). Increase it slowly until you get into the range (get around 30) the vape tastes best for you. Don't keep going until you burn the coil. Every type of tank/coil/and juice will have iss own "sweet spot". Once you know it, you'll know what wattage to set. However, ALL new coils should be primed and ramped up slowly over several puffs until it's in the range that's best for you. Good luck!

There's lots of god info around here, and that Pico is a nice little mod. You'll get it working just fine with a little patience.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
I have an ijust2 that came with the .3 coils. I had to get .5 ohm coils because the stock .3 were just too hot for my liking. Maybe try the 0.5 ohm coils and prime them really good, including dropping liquid into the holes to help saturate them. There were many people burning out ijust2 coils from not properly priming them regardless of which mod they were used on the last time I researched it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Rule #1 of Vape Club....

Never believe most of the brands and some of the manufacturers. They'll say anything.

Coil 'ratings' are as accurate weather forecasts. Sure, sometimes you get good advice, mostly it's as reliable as looking into a crystal ball.

The Eleaf iJust 0.3 coils were designed to tolerate 60 watts in perfect conditions. Maybe they can do 100 in some circumstances, who knows, but essentially never trust what the makers say.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
1. A very common mistake - remember to prime your new coils
2. Once a coil produces a burnt hit its probably toast
3. Don't trust manufacturer's coil wattage ratings...more power does not always equate to a better vape. start low and work your way up
4. Theres no need to vape prebuilt coils at their highest possible rated wattage, see #3

Reactions: AJ Steele
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread