Lost my LED cap... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Sooo, I dropped my 510 on a cement surface. Good thing they are pretty durable, it doesn't seem to have taken any damage...

other than the fact that the cap covering my LED popped off and it is nowhere to be found. The unprotected light is just plain annoying. On top of that, I don't want any type of liquids to get into my battery from the top side now, that is a bit distressing.

Does anyone know if I can order some caps from somewhere, or if there is a solution?

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
Mix up some 2-part epoxy and fill in the end of the battery tube. Most epoxy is semi-transparent, so you'll still get some light coming through. If you don't have epoxy, elmer's glue will work well enough to keep stuff out of the tube and cut down the brightness a bit. Just be sure the glue is fully dried before using it, as elmer's is water-based, and it will conduct electricity (short out the LED) if it's still wet.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
I know some of the flat round gemstones they sell at art stores fit in the end and with a little glue would prolly stay in forever. They also look really cool with the light behind them. The only bad thing about the fact that I use mods is that I can't do this anymore. maybe I'll have to get some stick on ones and decorate my mods instead :).

tyfighter

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Whenever I lose battery caps, I just stick on a dot of clear silicon caulk. Works like a charm and diffuses the light more or less the same amount as the stock caps.

Edit: Or switch to a 401, haha. I've dropped mine on the sidewalk way more times than I did my 510 (which is now collecting dust. I actually considered tossing it today but decided to keep it as a monument to my start to vaping.) and the caps are still as snug as ever. When I dissassembled a dead one I found that they had about twice as much surface area in contact with the inside of the battery wall. Sorry for the plug, but I love my 401.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread