Nearly impossible to adjust top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolman

Jan 8, 2017
Hopefully a simple solution. The problem is with turning top cap to adjust air flow. I love my peerless rda probably because it was my first one purchased back in February. However I have an on going problem adjusting the air flow with such a tight fit. I trying to use e-liquid to lube it up and that works for about a day. I usually end up popping off the cap with the sleeve attached and remove the cap from the inside with a unicorn bottle then adjust and reinstall.

I thought maybe a break in time might be needed, but it still doesn't seem to adjust. Since the peerless I have purchased other rdas with similar problems.

Any solutions are much appreciated thanks.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hopefully a simple solution. The problem is with turning top cap to adjust air flow. I love my peerless rda probably because it was my first one purchased back in February. However I have an on going problem adjusting the air flow with such a tight fit. I trying to use e-liquid to lube it up and that works for about a day. I usually end up popping off the cap with the sleeve attached and remove the cap from the inside with a unicorn bottle then adjust and reinstall.
I thought maybe a break in time might be needed, but it still doesn't seem to adjust. Since the peerless I have purchased other rdas with similar problems.
Any solutions are much appreciated thanks.
If you have access to a gasket/seal shop close by, you could go in and ask for the next size smaller o-ring or get an o-ring with a slightly smaller cross section. Mix and match has worked for me in the past.
Could call these folks for a supplier near you.
www.parker.com/parkerorings/ORD5700

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread