hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you for joining me today for my second review for lost vape. This time I will be taking a look at the CYBORG QUEST 100W Kit that was sent to me in order to provide a fair and honest review. First of all, let me discuss the elephant in the room. I’m sure some will say that it’s very similar to the Cold Steel 100 or the SX Mini SL Class mods. To be honest, the Cyborg does somewhat resemble them but has taken its own twist on the design and uses the Quest 2.0 chip which in my opinion is the next best thing to a dna chip in a mod.

1.jpg

13.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

upload_2021-10-3_20-47-5.png

14.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimension 104*32.6*44.2mm

Battery 21700/20700/18650 single Lithium battery (not included)

Input Voltage: 5V

Battery Voltage: 3.0V-4.2V

Output Voltage: 0.7V-8V

Power Range: 5-100W

Current Range : 1A-35A

Temperature Range: 100℃-315℃/200℉-600℉

Coil Resistance Supported: 0.1ohm-5.0ohm

Coil Material Supported: Kanthal, Nickel, Titanium, SS316, SS904

Screen Pixel: 96" 80*160

Body Material: Zinc Alloy

Pod Material: Plastic

E-juice Capacity: 5ml

Filling System: Side filling

Color: SS Carbon Fiber, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber, Matt Black Carbon Fiber, SS Honeycomb, Gunmetal Fish Bone, Matt Black Fish Bone, Full SS, Full Gunmetal, Matt Black Steel

FEATURES:

1. Equipped with Quest 2.0 chip

2. Five vaping modes: Wattage/VPC/Bypass/Voltage/Temperature Control (SS904/SS316/Ti/Ni) mode

3. Three user records, 100W max output

4. Supports single 21700/20700/18650 battery

5. DC 5V Type-C charging

6. Accurate temperature adjustment

7. Adjustable airflow system

8. Triple airflow channels

9. Compatible with UB Pro Coils

12.jpg

9.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Cyborg is the usual white outer shell with a picture of the device on the front that I’ve seen on other Lost Vape devices I’ve reviewed or bought. One thing that I liked was that Lost Vape makes the extra effort of putting a sleeve over the device for shipping so the device doesn’t get scratched in shipping.

In addition to the mod, the kit includes the same UB Pro pod tank that I received in the Thelema Quest kit and have used with other devices prior to doing reviews for Lost Vape. I’m a fan of this tank. The stock coils provide very good flavor and vapor production. There is also an RBA available for this tank that works very well.

Included in the kit are two coils, 18650 battery adapter, some o rings, USB-C charging cable, and user manual. The coils included in the kit are the UB Pro P1 coil which is .15 ohm and rated 70-90 watts and the P3 which is .3 ohm rated for 60-70 watts. I have found that the .3 coil is my favorite and runs very good below the rated wattage. My favorite setting is at 45 watts. It’s nice that the two coils have different colors of o rings so it is easy to see which one you’re using even if you can’t read the laser etching on the coils.

upload_2021-10-3_20-55-34.png

In case there are still some that aren’t familiar with the UB Pro Tank then here’s a little information on it. The tank is a side fill with a large opening and rubber plug that sticks out on one end so it’s easy to get a grip on to open for filling. It’s very easy to fill with no mess. The tank holds 5ml of liquid. The top plastic portion thread onto the 510 base and the airflow control is on the base and provides plenty of airflow. I happen to like the drip tip on this tank but it is replaceable if you don’t happen to like it. The coils are push to seat like so many coils now.

upload_2021-10-3_20-56-49.png

Ok, now let’s take a look at the Cyborg mod. The one I received for review is the matt black carbon fiber version. The Cyborg can use 21700, 20700, and 18650 batteries. There is an adapter included to run the 18650. The output range is 5-100 watts but I probably wouldn’t push it to 100 watts with the 18650.

The battery is installed from the bottom where you’ll find the familiar screw in battery cap. The battery cap has three vent holes in it and on the underside has a – sign to designate the polarity when installing the battery. The inside of the tube is also marked with a large + sign in the bottom.

upload_2021-10-3_21-1-23.png

upload_2021-10-3_21-1-39.png

The 510 connection on top is held in place by three torx screws and has a gold plated spring loaded center pin.

upload_2021-10-3_21-2-28.png

The frame of the Cyborg is made from Zinc alloy. On the right side of the mod is the Lost Vape name and on the right side is the Cyborg Quest name. I like that there is minimal branding.

The zinc alloy frame wraps around the sides and back in an interesting design. It may just be coincidence but when I hold it, it is a perfect fit with three of my fingers resting below the curved frame. I find it very comfortable to hold and use.

upload_2021-10-3_21-3-10.png

upload_2021-10-3_21-3-27.png

upload_2021-10-3_21-3-56.png

The Cyborg uses the same Quest 2.0 chip and interface that was used on the Thelema Quest and the Ursa Quest. The interface reminds me very much of my DNA mods. In case you haven’t seen or used a Quest mod, here is the display and operation.

upload_2021-10-3_21-4-37.png

- Battery level indicator with numerical percentages

- Mode of operation

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance and user record number

- Firing mode( Soft, Normal, Hard) and Puff counter

- Settings

Once Settings is selected using the center button the following options are available.

- Atomizer

- Screen

- Color

- User

- Reset

- About

- Back

With this type of menu there is no need to remember different button combinations besides five presses of the fire button to turn the mod on and off. There are five modes of operation and one of them is TC-SS904 which is good since the .3 ohm coil can be used with that mode. Simply use the + or – buttons to highlight the mode and press the select button. Then you can use the + and – buttons to scroll through the five modes which are

- VPC

- Bypass

- Wattage

- Voltage

- Temperature Control(SS904/SS316/Ti/Ni) mode

36.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I really enjoyed testing the Cyborg Quest with the UB Pro Pod Tank. I’ve been a fan of the Quest 2.0 for some time since I bought my first Ursa kit and very much like the UB Pro Tank.

The Quest chip offers plenty of features with five vaping modes and three user records. Also the ability to use three different sized batteries should keep the user up and running whether they have 21700, 20700, or 18650 batteries available.

Both coils deliver very good flavor and with three airflow slots in the 510 base the UB Pro tank has plenty of airflow available for just about any user. With the .3 ohm coil at 45 watts I only needed to the airflow open a sliver to get my preferred draw.

I did notice that the Cyborg with the UB Pro tank on it was a bit taller than most of my other mods but I very much like it and am trying to decide which color I want to order.

So, would I recommend it? If you’re looking for an inexpensive mod that uses 21700 batteries and has an interface that is similar to a DNA interface then I would say yes. I will be buying one myself as soon as I figure out which color I like best. I may have to get two.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape and Chloe for sending the Lost Vape Cyborg Quest 100 watt kit for this review. Once again, thanks to the readers. Below is a link to the website if you would like to see what Lost Vape has to offer.

Cyborg Quest 100W Kit – Lost Vape

852.jpg

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Excellent review Hitt. I think it's a pretty cool looking mod. The stainless steel one with the honeycomb battery sleeve is sharp. Don't ask me why, but it reminds me of a Star Wars light saber.

Do you know if the battery sleeves are interchangeable? In the photo you posted there are six different sleeves. I like the diamond patterned one and also the plain one. On Lost Vapes website I couldn't find any info on those.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Excellent review Hitt. I think it's a pretty cool looking mod. The stainless steel one with the honeycomb battery sleeve is sharp. Don't ask me why, but it reminds me of a Star Wars light saber.

Do you know if the battery sleeves are interchangeable? In the photo you posted there are six different sleeves. I like the diamond patterned one and also the plain one. On Lost Vapes website I couldn't find any info on those.

Thanks. They aren’t supposed to be but someone on a FB group I’m on took it apart and painted the tube on theirs.

Reactions: NolaMel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I had the same question as SMT. It looks like they might be interchangeable as they displayed the tubes in the ad. Also, how heavy is it? Pocket mod? Table mod?

I just answered him and saw yours. Sadly they aren’t interchangeable.

• Love
    Reactions: NolaMel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, the shape at the bottom takes some getting used to I bet.

It's actually really got a good hand feel to it. I thumb fire and three of my fingers fit under the frame piece that crosses the back.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread