Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
First dna 60 mods I've seen. They have a square 2 18650 version and a Petite with 1 18650.
Not sure what the deal is for 2 batteries in a dna 60, but maybe it will allow them space to use the frame as a basis for a squonker, like they did with the Therion. Photos:
LV Square.JPG

LV Petite.JPG

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The Petite looks nice but the Square doesn't make any sense to me. If I'm going to get something big enough to hold two 18650's, I would get a DNA250 mod. It's more efficient (97% vs 85%), more flexible (up to 167 watts), and can be turned down to 1 watt. Just my :2c:.

Cheers,
Steve

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ya got me. I didn't design them, I just posted the photos.:lol:

I don't get it either, unless it is meant to be a flexible chassis for other models like a squonker. The Petite is pretty, but not cheap >$100 on both. You can find DNA 75s for less, although none as pretty as that Abalone shell.;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The DNA 60 is not "older" than the DNA 250. In fact, they were announced at about the same time, and this is the first mod I personally have seen advertised a using one. It's essentially an update to the DNA 40 board, but with more features and ability to work with eScribe. There are advantages to a lower power mod for many folks looking for something small to carry about, as well as those who vape at low power and do not need all that a DNA 250 board may offer.

Whether a $100 60W mod meets your needs is an individual decision. I do agree with Steve that a 2 battery DNA 60 doesn't make a lot of sense, but that single battery Petite might be a very good fit for some vapers.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
i like the petite, smaller the better. the 60 is a nice board. i've been using one for a few months now. it doesn't get a whole lot of use though. 60w is just about 10-15 watts of where i normally vape. it's a great board for single coil jobs or high ohm, low mass dual coil jobs (9v limit). definitely a worthy option in the evolv lineup.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
i like the petite, smaller the better. the 60 is a nice board. i've been using one for a few months now. it doesn't get a whole lot of use though. 60w is just about 10-15 watts of where i normally vape. it's a great board for single coil jobs or high ohm, low mass dual coil jobs (9v limit). definitely a worthy option in the evolv lineup.

What is your 60 board in? I haven't been following the 60 that closely and this is the first mod I've seen that uses it. I have a DNA 75 VT75 which I like, and is fine for a single cell mod, although not nearly as small as the Petite appears (or have as nice panels as the LV, maybe I need to rethink a wrap for it:) ). I don't see myself getting one, but I'm still always happy seeing new solutions reach the marketplace.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
What is your 60 board in? I haven't been following the 60 that closely and this is the first mod I've seen that uses it. I have a DNA 75 VT75 which I like, and is fine for a single cell mod, although not nearly as small as the Petite appears (or have as nice panels as the LV, maybe I need to rethink a wrap for it:) ). I don't see myself getting one, but I'm still always happy seeing new solutions reach the marketplace.
i was able to cram it into a VS RDNA 40. my post starts at #86 of the page..........

DNA 60 - Evolv DNA Forum

Reactions: Eskie

dataton

May 10, 2011
Rhode Island
I can understand how many people think these mods do not offer any advantages over a 75/200/250, but for me personally this is the most excited I've been over a mod in a while. I own all iterations of the DNA board from the 20 watt forward, and regret not picking up the epetite when they were offered with the DNA 40. I even considered buying a used one to swap the DNA 60 in, but fortunately there is no need now.

I should receive my epetite DNA 60 tomorrow or Thursday and will report back if there is anything note worthy, but for someone like me who barely vapes over 50 watts ever, this should serve it's purpose perfectly in my rotation.

dataton

May 10, 2011
Rhode Island
I assume it's the same as on the Efusions, which is a very thin veneer. But no certainty until someone gets one and shares the info.

I have an efusion mini that came with the wood veneer decals. With the epetite DNA 60, I went with abalone, but as far as I can tell these are not decals. The doors seem thicker and the abalone looks to have some sort of gloss finish that does not allow removal of the abalone.

The epetite, to me, just seems like a much more well put together mod than the efusions. Time will tell, but that's my initial impression now having lived with it for a few days.

dataton

May 10, 2011
Rhode Island
I noticed that the wood panel version were either sold out or pulled from the shelves very quickly. Has anyone heard anything about this? Has anyone gotten one of these mods with either the CF, Abalone or Wood panels yet?

Look a couple of posts up, mine is the abalone version. I have not heard of any issues but also have not really been looking/paying attention if there were any. Mine has been working flawlessly for the past couple of weeks i've owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread