Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Okay besides using the building a ship in the bottle method, how did you do it?

Around page 20 here in this theads you can find an explanation on how to open the seals and so be able to rewick or recoil it.

I am still keep fingers crossed for a rba option and so the pods will be a kind of holiday feature then.

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Around page 20 here in this theads you can find an explanation on how to open the seals and so be able to rewick or recoil it.
Yes I remember those. It requires busting the bottom off and recoiling and then gluing it back together. Good for one shot depending on the glue you use. And if time is money, probably about 25 bucks worth of time. :?:

I am still keep fingers crossed for a rba option and so the pods will be a kind of holiday feature then.
Yup I am looking forward in seeing one of them too. Although I did stock up on 62 pods that should last me years anyway. ;)

Last edited:

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland

Attachments

• Custom parts for Orion - General Discussion - Evolv DNA Forum 2018-12-03 11-03-09.png
    Custom parts for Orion - General Discussion - Evolv DNA Forum 2018-12-03 11-03-09.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Custom parts for Orion - General Discussion - Evolv DNA Forum 2018-12-03 11-03-00.png
    Custom parts for Orion - General Discussion - Evolv DNA Forum 2018-12-03 11-03-00.png
    386.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Custom parts for Orion - General Discussion - Evolv DNA Forum 2018-12-03 11-02-46.png
    Custom parts for Orion - General Discussion - Evolv DNA Forum 2018-12-03 11-02-46.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 115

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Yes I remember those. It requires busting the bottom off and recoiling and then gluing it back together. Good for one shot depending on the glue you use. And if time is money, probably about 25 bucks worth of time. :?:

Yup I am looking forward in seeing one of them too. Although I did stock up on 62 pods that should last me years anyway. ;)

Same here. Fully agree. Its not worth the time and effort for me as well.
Thinking of buying a lot as well but still hope they change the design. Especially for MTL/Loose MTL. Airtraffic could be a bit more channeled. Also why can't they use a ceramic piece and wrap the coil to it. Would be much more stable and flavour should get better.

Attachments

• spirali-ceramic-coil.jpg
    spirali-ceramic-coil.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 47

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Lost another drip tip today, starting to p#*! me off.......

Had my 1st instance yesterday... Popped off in my Jeep when I went to grab it for a vape.. I found it later but figured I'd update since I had previously said that I had not had one come off....

Arrrrrrr..........

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
I bought a therion 75c bf mod, because I was so intrigued by the replay function and with a MTL RDA like the speed revolution, this is the best I could have hoped for.
If I could get the same proper MTL experience with the Orion, this would be perfect.
The Pods are ok for MTL and sometimes I get the right hit to replay and it works, but if this RDTA comes out and had a better, smaller chamber and a smaller airhole directed to the coil, I really have to try it out.
Are there any news on the Odis RDTA?

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Lol.. I wasn't asking if 32 pages of discussion was worth it - I was asking if 70 dollars for a pod mod was worth it. That's a lot of cash for a pod mod.. wondering it's worth, in the end.

Personal choice.. To me it's worth it for the portability and ease of use.. I only use mine when out and about for short periods of time like a trip to the store ect.. I want something small, compact, easy to fill and lightweight...

Looking at what people pay for the JUUL, and the insane prices for their pods, this thing is a steal...

Was it worth $70 to me? Yes! Will it be worth $70 to someone else? Maybe, maybe not..

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Since the tanks are disposable, I wonder if I can't just add a drop of gorilla glue somewhere to hold that sucker in place... Mine popped off again today when I was taking it out of my pocket.....
That's what I used. Just make sure that you have your air adjust set where you like it. I think I used too much !!

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Well I found one of those disposable flexi "rubber" drip tips the vape shops hand out for juice testing. Cut the 510 bit off, and the mouthpiece stretches over the knurling nice and tight!

Not the prettiest, but functional. I've got a lime green one too, but decided to go with the white....
c8d751f7345b79a9a38d0f667898ec13.jpg

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
---> QUESTION MTL - vaper <----
I run 50/50 Juice but get a dry taste on my pods. 0.5 or 0.25 after 2-3 days. Not a dry hit but i feel that the cotton is not so soaked with liquid as it should be. I think its to much cotton which blocks the transports of the liquid to the coil(s). I tried to fluff it and even took a bit out but still would like to see a better liquid transport. As i vape MTL i could imagine that the vaccum is to less to soak more liquid into the cotton. As soon as i take of the fill cap it gets better and the next vape does taste as it should. First i thought ok maybe a bad pod but i am at the third pod now and still the same issue.

Do you might have a solution which i could try?
thank you!
armin

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
@ArminF I had the same problem and I just work my way up very carefully. I made 5 settings and two of them without boost. If I found the right hit i'll press the replay button and after that I have no problems until I have to refill. As BillW50 pointed out, the coil can get oversaturated and then replay heats up too much and burns the wick.

Some pods have too much cotton and I get it out with a needle, but it's not quite there, when it comes to MTL for my personal taste. Better then most other mini Pod-Systems, but there is still enough room for improvement. That's why I'm waiting for a RDTA.
A preorder list would be great.

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
I'm using 8 Boost 1 9 Boost 1 9 Boost 2 10 Boost 2 11 Boost 1.
Replay Warmth 4 or 3
I'm using a needle tip to get some cotton out. Let it sit for 2 Minutes open the fillhole and close it again.
You can see, if the wicking is wet already.
Then I'm staring with short puffs and the lowest settings and work my way up, till I like the puff. Save it and now I can vape without worries. After I refill I deactivate replay and repeat the process.
Does sound complicated, but is a matter of 5-10 puffs and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread