The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Orion

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Im a bit on the fence about this one, button placement is putting me off.

Anyone got one yet?

lostvape_pod.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm afraid if I had lost vape type money, I wouldn't be spending it on a pod. Disclaimer: (For a pod) it looks rather nice.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jandrew

jandrew Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    Don't have one, but I am definitely interested. Most sites I see are now selling the mod only, and pods separately, and not all colors. I'll wait a bit for the Blue/New Zealand Abalone full kit to be on the market.

• Like Like x 2
  4. UpNorth

UpNorth Full Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    I read somewhere that they were not going to sell these as kits in the USA due to the tariff situation. It's spendy for a mod but I kinda of want one. it's Shiny and you know that's the only reason to buy stuff......... Doh

• Like Like x 2
  5. VictorC

VictorC Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario
    like 'walkie-talkie" design, not sure if I buy one though

• Like Like x 1
  6. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I'll have 22 pods arriving today and 3 Orions arriving this coming Monday. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Do you plan on finger firing or thumb firing it? I could see why they put the firing button where they did. As moving it up further would complicate things inside and probably raise the price up even further. I think they have already hit the highest price that they can go and still have decent sales. Just my :2c:.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Sure you would. You'd be buying those 250C mods and saying now I really need to checkout that Replay mode on that Orion pod. Click to order here. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. UpNorth

UpNorth Full Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    Eh the shiny got me, I just ordered one as I needed a portable, everything else I have is the weight of a small german tank ha ha Got a blue with carbon fiber.......

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. RickCain

RickCain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    VaporDNA has them in stock and was able to get one today. So far so good, much better than any pod I’ve tried and doesn’t need high nic ejuice.

Main first impression is how small this sucker is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Are you using the 0.25 ohm or 0.5 ohm with lower nic juice?

• Like Like x 2
  12. RickCain

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    In store only .25 ohm was available so that is what I'm starting with...... I'm going to go into eScribe and crank it up a bit to see if the vape gets even better.

I have some DIY 16mg custard in it and I'm getting exactly how it should taste. Even the guy in the store said not to use a high nic juice in it and think they are right. The coil is HUGE compared to all the other pod systems out there and boosts to 40watts so might even try mixing some 12mg to see how that goes.

Oddly I ordered the blue one on their website last night with 6 packs of .5 ohm but will have to wait until Wed/Thur for them to arrive. I'm sure the .25 will drain the battery much harder than the .50 - my thought is the .5 will be the best mix between flavor and battery life.

• Like Like x 3
  13. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    How is button placement for you?

• Like Like x 1
  14. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Thumb, but i like it to be high enough so the mod sits on my little finger. I know from the Gusto, a short mod can be annoying to use long term without that extra support.

Think button placement is dictated by the board, but could be worked around with a daughter board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RickCain

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I don’t mind it at all. Based on your post after this, the mod is so small it will be hard to have it rest on your little finger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  16. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'm glad I'm not alone. $59 at eightvape

• Like Like x 4
  17. DrDC

DrDC Full Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Okay, I hate to be "that guy" but I have to ask...any possibility of rebuilding or rewicking the pods? It just seems like a huge waste to toss the drip tip/afc/pod each time I need a new one. If I could rebuild on this one I think that would justify paying a little more for the chipset but it seems like the cost of pods would be crazy expensive when you tack on the money spent up front on the device itself.

• Like Like x 3
  18. RickCain

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I don't think you can get inside the pod without destroying it....

If these pods indeed last as long as reviews are saying it will be a non-issue to me - upwards of a month for a $5 pod is a great deal IMHO. If they can produce a pod like the breeze 2 that would be AMAZING.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Actually, they are only $3.15 each at Eciggity using their standard TENOFF coupon. And yes, you can pop the bottom of the pod apart and rebuild them if you are up to it. But at those prices for a pod, just seems easier getting another pod. Todd Reviews says he is getting 2 months plus per pod.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DrDC

DrDC Full Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Thanks for the info! I just watched Todd's review and it looks like he ended up having to saw it in half just to get inside so that's a bummer. Three bucks isn't too bad I guess for replacements though. Either way, I'm really tempted to give this a shot based on what I've seen.

• Like Like x 2