Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
Nice, excellent news. The fuse did it's job. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve
Yes it did! Now hopefully Fry's electronics has the surface mount fuse in stock, if not I see places where they can be ordered.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Yes it did! Now hopefully Fry's electronics has the surface mount fuse in stock, if not I see places where they can be ordered.

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10
I remember seeing some places on Evolvs forum. I'll look them up and send them to you via PM. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Edit PM sent

Reactions: OhTheAgony

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
hannibal.jpg

FreeZen

Jul 30, 2016
USA
It does when I insert one battery in the innermost slot. But it doesn't power up when I insert one battery in the outer one, near the battery door
Just to make sure it's a wiring inside... The connector has this plastic protection against inserting battery wrong side, it may interfere. Check that battery actually makes good contact. If you have ohm meter you can try to measure resistance between top plus connectors for both batteries and repeat measures on the negative side. We think that batteries are hard wired in parallel configuration so resistance between plus connectors should be close to zero. Same for negative side.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well the best profile I came up with was doing it myself sort of and I believe you can do this with any of the SS316L profiles. I just load the profile under materials and it has a spot that you can enter the TCR. I tried the correct TCR of .00092 and it was still too cool so I loaded .00096 and it was just right. I also changed it to no preheat and 20w since once temp is hit it hovers around 15 or less. Gave me a very smoothe line on the device monitor for temp and works really well. I think that the curves that are available are just too flat for SS316L since there is so little change. This one seems to work really well. I don't think it matters which profile you use when you enter the TCR it just gives you a straight line. I'm using temp 450F great vape plenty of vapor slightly warm like I like it. And like someone else pointed out he uses .00099 but he likes a warmer vape. I don't think I will do this with other wires I use such as Ti or NiFe since they have a good curve but SS is nearly flat except for maybe 430 which has the highest TCR. I am going to use the profiles provided by Escribe for Ti and NiFe if there is one otherwise SE.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Now for the biggie my batteries are almost to where I have the soft cell cutoff set at 3.1 which I don't think is too low. I did change my battery from LiPo to Lithium Ion 18650. Really though this DNA was easier then I thought it would be including the Escribe Software I really like all the configurations available and I actually like it as well or better then the SX especially when you take the price into consideration and the battery life on this Therion is amazing. As good or better then the SX Q. Now I see what everyone was raving about it is a damned good board. I just hope I get my batteries out at least I know about the problem ahead of time so I can be careful.

Reactions: ShowerHead

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I changed my batteries. I didn't wait until it gave me a warning there was just a sliver on the battery bar but it is definately using them equally. Both were at exactly 3.44 so next time I will wait till it tells me since I have it set for 3.1. I am still amazed that is all I used. My batteries are Sony VTC5's 2600mah. Been using it alot trying to find a good profile for 5 days.

Reactions: ShowerHead

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Well I changed my batteries. I didn't wait until it gave me a warning there was just a sliver on the battery bar but it is definately using them equally. Both were at exactly 3.44 so next time I will wait till it tells me since I have it set for 3.1. I am still amazed that is all I used. My batteries are Sony VTC5's 2600mah. Been using it alot trying to find a good profile for 5 days.
The 3.1v soft cell cutoff is under load so when you pull them, it will show more than 3.1v when they're at rest. Because the cutoff is under load, I have my DNA75 set to 2.75v. Not saying that's what you should do, just saying that's what I do.

Cheers,
Steve

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The 3.1v soft cell cutoff is under load so when you pull them, it will show more than 3.1v when they're at rest. Because the cutoff is under load, I have my DNA75 set to 2.75v. Not saying that's what you should do, just saying that's what I do.

Cheers,
Steve
Ahhhh OK now I understand so I could easily set mine lower then 3.1. That's good to know. I'm still undecided about DL v1.2SP3. I have really never had any problems with beta software for these things. SX came out with one and it worked really good then they made it final. Does it give you anymore options for the 75. Oh and it was a beach getting those batteries out. It put a little scuff in one but didn't hurt the wrap.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Ahhhh OK now I understand so I could easily set mine lower then 3.1. That's good to know. I'm still undecided about DL v1.2SP3. I have really never had any problems with beta software for these things. SX came out with one and it worked really good then they made it final. Does it give you anymore options for the 75. Oh and it was a beach getting those batteries out. It put a little scuff in one but didn't hurt the wrap.
I'm using it on my Lavabox DNA75. I loaded it as soon as it came in. I'm not sure what it added for the DNA75. I think it helped with some getting the low voltage warning to soon but not sure since it's all I've used.

For the DNA200, it really flattened out the TC curve for SS316L and 317. I've been using it on the DNA200 and really liked it so I installed the Service pack right away on the 75.

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread