Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Agreed! Nothing like a fresh carto. Luckily I can hot swap a new carto into a tank in about 2 minutes flat! I don't put up with that icky flavor anymore.

I just have 3 or 4 loaded and primed, then just grab a new one. On the weekend I reload any I put in the reload tray.

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
It's a delight. Especially when you see it priming right and know it's going to be a good one from the get go. Simple pleasures.

Also, a carto with 6 or 7 mls of juice already through it seems to hold its worth way better than a clearo that's had even one tank go through. The drop off in performance from cartos is nowhere near that of clearos imo. Just noticed this again as I tried a a BDC clearo for the first time recently. 'This is great. Wow, these have really improved. (2 mils later) Er, what just happened.'

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
My first carto tank is on it's way. Used to Protanks. I'm hoping the flavor will be better with it. I've read mixed reviews on here..some people say the flavor is better on clearo tanks, some say it's better on carto tanks. What do you guys think?

I, too am looking forward to tasting my liquid on a fresh carto. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
You can do this with a 35mm std. length carto and a 15mm dia. tank. This s/u happens to be a 1.7Ω SmokTek carto and a IBT tank. There is a collar on the ego to hide the ego threading.

P1010902 (Medium).jpg

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Bernie, maybe that's what I'm missing. I vape 50/50 and have zero luck with a carto from more then one manufacturer. Now that I'm mixing my own liquid it might be time to try them again. I'm sure I have 15 or 20 laying around here somewhere. I simply love the taste of a fresh carto.

I went from 50/50 to 60/40 and from 15% NET to 10%, really helped on the life of the carto. Just mix a small batch and try it. Hope it helps. :)

I also punch a 3rd hole to make sure it stays moist and does not dry out. YMMV

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Bernie, maybe that's what I'm missing. I vape 50/50 and have zero luck with a carto from more then one manufacturer. Now that I'm mixing my own liquid it might be time to try them again. I'm sure I have 15 or 20 laying around here somewhere. I simply love the taste of a fresh carto.

I run 70/30, and still the carto is junk after 3 days. So I don't think it has anything to do with the mix unfortunately.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
FYI, you can try dripping two or three drops of juice down the center hole, then blowing really hard from the top end. It will clean out the brown gunk and make it taste a whole lot better. I extend the life of my carts by 3-4 extra days by doing this. I love my cartos, new or battle worn!

Never heard this before. I'll give it a shot when my current carto goes bad (probably tomorrow given my typical 3 day lifespan)... If this works, I'll be very happy to be able to extend the life of a carto, even if just a couple more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread