Love this Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkrinkle55

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Howdy! Newbie vaper here. I just stopped by the new AltSmoke in Cincinnati (Awesome shop, amazing employees...) and picked up an MVP, a few bottles of juice (butterscotch is my preferred vape) and a T3 510 clearo. It's been 3 days and I have to say, I am extremely happy with my decision to kick the analogues and start my vaping journey.

I started off about 3 years ago when I first heard of ecigs, It blew my mind. I had been smoking for about 2 years prior (15, I know...pretty bad), and my habit was getting expensive. So I fired up the interwebs and ordered me a Joy e-cig starter kit. Now, when I got this starter kit, it was a three part system: Battery, atty, and tank. When I first tried them, I thought they were amazing. This newly discovered product quickly found its way into my junk drawer, however, seeing as not only was the Joy a clone of blu e-cigs...it sucked. Back to the tobacco I went.

Then, about a week ago, I realized something...cigarettes are gross as hell...why am I doing this? About that time, a buddy of mine told me about the new AltSmoke shop right up the street from me. I grabbed my wallet and I was off to start anew. I must have spen 2 hours in that shop in amazement; chatting with the employees, (who might as well been speaking a foreign language to me) and trying all the flavors I could get my paws on. After I made my purchase, one of the employees sat me down in the lounge (tattooed guy; cool as hell to chat with) and showed me the ins and outs of the mod. He set me up and uttered one little phrase to me that I'll always remember: "Vape long, Vape strong, my man."

And now, here I am. Yapping away again about a new hobby, one that I plan on sticking with. The community is awesome and I can't wait to see what comes out of it...down the rabbit hole I plunge. :vapor:

The Tbone80

Jun 9, 2013
Minnesota, USA
Hello and welcome to the forums, and the vaping world:vapor: congrats on your new found hobby, definitely a safer alternative to analog cigs. I'm sure you will find lots of useful information here on ECF, I know I have. Still pretty new myself, but the community is great here and very helpful even with the noobie questions. Happy vaping!

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR
You need to be warned about one major side effect of vaping................wanting to buy every new piece of equipment you will hear about here on ecf! Your wallet will take it personally!

Other than that, welcome and Happy vaping!

~Susiejo

After one month of vaping, I'm already starting to get over that. I have three Ego batts and an assortment of tanks, and I spent most of the week convincing myself that I NEED THE NEW iTASTE V3!!! Yesterday, I decided I don't need it right now. I'm happy with my current setup. Just need some more juice because I'm running low. HOORAY PAYDAY!

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR
I know what you mean but right now I REALLY want a Vamo! But hubby is putting a leash on anymore vape gear right now.:(

LOL When I showed my fiance a Provari and she looked at the price she just sighed, shook her head, and walked away.

But back to the point:

Welcome mrkrinkle! :) You have joined possibly the most friendly forum on the inter-tubes! Nothing but helpful people here so far. Just remember when you vape like a mad man (and you will) that vaping is dehydrating and you need lots of water. So keep a bottle at hand and VAPE LIKE A MAD MAN! :vapor:

Doc Diego

Jul 3, 2013
Jackson, MI, USA
Still trying to convince myself that I don't have to buy anything even though yesterday was payday. It's only been three weeks off analogs. There should be some kind of cash savings from this, right? I can live another two weeks without trying five new flavors and switching to variable voltage and a new clearomizer. Its not like I'm addicted or anything........ I can stop at any time .......

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR
OP, get a few cheap Ego batteries as backup. Get a few spare clearo's too.

You need backups, one slip and a drop and all your vaping gear could be wiped out.

+1 to that!

I have two EGO batts to keep with me (in case one dies on the go) and another one that stays at home, so I can have one on the charger, and two flavors ready to vape when I'm on the couch (I like to switch it up alot). I also have a carry case that will hold 3 of my clearos, plus my protank, one spare battery, AND 2 10ml bottles of liquid. I could (and have) fit more into it, but is gets a little.....lumpy when I do that. Just remember not to leave it in your car when its hot out, or the lithium ion batteries may....explode. We don't want those kind of things to explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread