Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
While waiting on our newly ordered Phoenix and Dragon kits from TrueSmoker I decided to pick up a used Dragon 401 kit on the forum classifieds. Absolutely love it!
For the past four months my wife and I have been with the RN4081 SmokeSticks and really like them. No major problems, ever. But, after seeing the Dragon and the new Phoenix, and ready such good things about the M401s, we pre-ordered our kits. Since I received my classifieds buy three days ago I have been using only the Dragon and I have not had any of the minor problems I've read here and there.
The battery life is very good; the carts are easy to refill and I've not had one cart leak; the atomizers (love that wide, high bridge) put out good vapor and a nice throat hit; get nicer taste of flavored juices; and of course the look is great. Oddly, my wife is not too sure. She says she doesn't get the same hit that she does from the RN4081. She inhales differently than I do. She does a deep inhale and gets more what she terms a "lung hit", where I draw, hold, and the deep breath for a nice throat hit.
But, she's decided to wait until she gets her Phoenix kit to give it a good, long try. So far she's only tried my Dragon a few times.
Me? I'm a dedicated M401 fan. I even ordered another kit from the classified so when everything gets here I'll have 7 batteries, 6 atomizers, 17 carts, 3 chargers, and 2 cases. Oh, I am sooo there!

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
yep 401's are good!! they have kept off ciggy's fir 7 months now. when i started buying supplys atty''s and batts. i bought a bunch and made quite an investment(after these months i am now in the black) i have also found out if you want to upgrade to a mod. unit later it's harder to find mod's that will accept a 401 atomizer.i have only found 1 that would build one. that being thagbuilt.com and very few offer an adpter for this atomizer. the only real reason i can think of that 401's are not more popular are they have lousy cart's,of which i have learned to deal with

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
............................................................... I'm a dedicated M401 fan. I even ordered another kit from the classified so when everything gets here I'll have 7 batteries, 6 atomizers, 17 carts, 3 chargers, and 2 cases. Oh, I am sooo there!

My M401 Dragon seems to work better as I use it.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Sludge, do the Evo ones fit the standard mouthpieces also or is it only what is available through Evo supplier?
I actually don't have a complaint about the cartrdige volume- It satisfies me and then some- I always have another cart already filled and ready so it's not like I am refilling, topping off, or having to "fiddle" many times a day... If I would rather "top off/refill" instead of grab a new cart it is my choice not because I have to... and then once or twice a week, I go through refilling plenty of carts, etc to set me up for a few days... - If I want to vape a particular flavor off the cuff that I don't have in a cart... I just drip it a bit... (just started w/ the drip on occassion and I don't feel it is BETTER than carts but a definite quick fix vape for convenience)...
At any rate... another method that is seeming to work for many & I will try on one cart when I set myself up again... the "ADP" method using the pen spring and a fluff of polyfill at the top... seems to be working great for many w/o issues...
get us a pic of the EVO carts- Thx!

bg458

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Quick fix my friend. Grap two dead 401 batteries take the connectors out and attach them back to back and presto you now have an adpter that will fit any 510 mod.:thumb:

i have also found out if you want to upgrade to a mod. unit later it's harder to find mod's that will accept a 401 atomizer.i have only found 1 that would build one. that being thagbuilt.com and very few offer an adpter for this atomizer.

Last edited:

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
L - R:

Old (the first type I encountered) EVO cart
Newer (also found on Pilots)
The new EVO cart (similar to what I've been told that the originals were like)

dscf3214.jpg

dscf3213o.jpg

dscf3212f.jpg

Sorry they're a little blurry, I'm terrible at close-ups

Looking at the pics they don't look that different, but trust me, there is a marked increase in size from the last version & a slight enlargement from the first. The outer cart is the same size throughout.

Last edited:

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Thx Sludge! I have seen one of the new Evo carts somewhere and I can't recall now where it was...
I have the mid cart (the current regular)- I see the size difference- so good enough pics for that- LOL
I see that in the first and last carts there seemed to be a concept in the design that left a space between the cart and mouthpiece end... I wonder why... Is that to try and keep the cart pushed up next to the filler? I would think more apt to burn the filler than wick juice better... But you are saying no... The design of the Evo one is almost exactly like the ones w/ my husband's Sidesho w/o the little piece on the bottom to hold it up in the cart (inside the mouthpiece on the Sidesho the ridges are built in there to keep the cart from being pushed all the way in- so same concept)... His is always getting a bit of filler burn after awhile... when I fill his I have to make sure the filler is down in the cart w/ like a mm to the end so it is not exactly at the edge- or it will burn...Oh! & his cart is white w/ the flat edge...- Thx for showing these-

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I can't see why you'd want to do that. 510 batteries aren't a patch on 401s
Actually, I did it for this. I had a 510/801 adapter so I figured if I made a 401/510 adapter I could use it this way or on a 510 battery if I had to. Plus, I didn't have any spare 801 atty's to tear up.

ADAPt1.jpg

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
I remember having some similar to the new large ones when I first got my evo....but I don't think they held as much juice as the first ones you bought Sludge....:) I still think I might have some around somewhere....
Yeah, I believe they were the original design, but as you say, they were smaller than the one with the round end piece or the new version. (AFAIK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread