Loving my dse 901..

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
I found this site, did my homework and decided on a dse 901. I am in love with it. I bought my kit from the smokeless shop, and they sent my batteries fully charged. So, I went from smoking analogs to my pv in one day. I haven't returned to analogs in the last week. Needless to say, I am in love :wub: with vaping. Have even become a walking advertisement for it. Told my dr about it, and now she wants me to bring in cards to give to her other patients who have had trouble quitting smoking.
My issue is that I am attempting to get my mother in law to start vaping as she has copd and lung cancer. We would like to keep her around as long as possible. She has tried using my 901, but finds the draw too difficult. Can anyone recommend an e-cig with an easier draw? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Debbi

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I bought my first 901 kit from Katey at thesmokelessshop. She met me at a local restaurant/bar. Sweet lady! I quit the first day I started vaping too. It was easy.
As for an easier draw, I don't know. The 901 has a pretty easy draw. The 510 is a little harder. Maybe some of the pen style ones are lighter. I don't know. Never used them. Someone else could tell you that.
Great to see another Michigander in here! you're the third new one I've seen today. Must be the smoking ban at work. Good for us.
If you haven't signed the petition yet you really should here's a link http://ecigssavelives.info/

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
Easily the best PV for a newbie is the 901 IMO. The draw is very easy (make sure you mother in law does not cover the atty hole).
Filling the carts is a breeze. You only need to top off the cart and it will easily take 10-12 drops. You can't do that on a 510.

I am a 510 guy but to make things very easy on a newcomer the 901 is the way to go.

Zaiden

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Ohio
I have tried every model e-cig on the market and if you are against using a large PV (GG, Chuck, Super T, etc), I found the KR-808D1 the absolute best e-cigarette made. It requires NO fuss and lasts for nearly a whole day of vaping. The 901/501/etc requires way too much fussing with the carts and the fibers get stuck in the atty causing that weird burning taste. Not to mention the leaking issues. The KR808 has NO issues, but once you get hooked on vaping, I highly recommend getting a real vaporizer. I use the GGTS with the new AFS and it is honestly the greatest vaping experience you can have.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
Great to see another Michigander in here! you're the third new one I've seen today. Must be the smoking ban at work. Good for us.
If you haven't signed the petition yet you really should here's a link

I do believe there is going to be lots more of us Michiganders with the ban. I did sign the petition, but thanks.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
Get a manual battery for the 901. If you push and hold the button you really dont have to draw, it will send the vapor to you. That is as light as it gets I think.

I have ordered a manual battery because I wanted to try dripping. So, I will have her try it once I get it. Thanks for the advice

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Zaiden,

I appreciate the answer. I am planning to try what the others suggested, and maybe if they don't work I'll try yours.

I want to thank everyone for their help. And, when the manual battery comes in, I will post and let you know how she does.
I have to agree with this post on the KR808. But I see all is well. I also think they are both a good choice. ( I purchased a 901 adaptor /atty so I could try different juices right away...)
But in most cases newbies I recommend the two piece Ecig for it being less of a hassle (or choice for someone not new.).
But All is Well she loves it.. YEAH....

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
glad to hear that. I've found the draw with the DSE901 lighter than the 510, KR808D-1 and m40x so was at a loss for an easier to draw PV. Since you're also new to using a PV I'd suggest as a next step checking out the cartridge mod (for modification) subforum here. There are a number of ways people have come up with to make the filler wick to the atomizer better.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have to agree with this post on the KR808. But I see all is well. I also think they are both a good choice. ( I purchased a 901 adaptor /atty so I could try different juices right away...)
But in most cases newbies I recommend the two piece Ecig for it being less of a hassle (or choice for someone not new.).
But All is Well she loves it.. YEAH....

I have heard about adapting a KR808 battery to go with a 901 atty. Is there an adapter needed?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I have heard about adapting a KR808 battery to go with a 901 atty. Is there an adapter needed?
The threads on the DSE901 battery and KR808D-1 battery at the same. Ditto with the DSE901 atomizer and KR808D-1 cartomizer.

The difference is air holes for the draw in the threads of the KR808D-1 battery. The DSE901 atomizer has a hole in the side for air draw so the DSE901 batteries don't have air holes. So you'll need an adapter for the air draw to put a KR808D-1 cartomizer on the DSE901 battery.

You won't need anything to put a DSE901 atomizer on a KR808D-1 battery.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
Oh. I lived near Merriman rd. and Venoy for 15 years. Just a little north of you. I'm about 50 miles west now in the Irish Hills.

I know the area around Merriman and Venoy.
I used to go to the Irish Hills for vacation every year for about three years. (Long story) It really is a beautiful area. Maybe I can talk my bf into going for a little trip soon. I am sure he would love it, too.

Debbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread