Low-resistance cartos- what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
I recently bought an eGo, after starting vaping with a KR8. I was new to the 510 design, but I now really enjoy being able to use carts, drip, or use cartos. I'm even able to use my KR8 cartos with an adapter, so all is good. I quickly discovered that I prefer the low-resistance atty over the standard one, as it takes a much lighter pull to get a good vape.

Although I enjoy dripping and using carts, I also really like the no-fuss ease of cartos, especially when I'm out and about. Since I like the LR attys, I thought it made sense to order some LR cartos for a similar effect. All was good for the first couple of puffs- massive, blow you away throat hit and all of that. Then, I tasted an underlying burning when I would take a puff. I tossed it and tried another. This time, the carto only got midway through a puff and just sort of died. Hmmm.

I'd almost forgotten about a disposable 510 I bought back when I was thinking about trying vaping. I ordered it and before it even arrived, I ordered the KR8, because I decided that I needed to start with the real thing. I started thinking that maybe the eGo battery is just too powerful for the 510 LR carto, so I chargeg the disposable 510 batt and tried a fresh one on that. No vape at all. I put the same carto on my eGo and got a good puff, then nothing after that. Dead.

I didn't expect the LR cartos to last quite as long as the standard ones, but this is ridiculous! Is this a common problem, or am I doing something wrong? They're blanks that I filled with juice from Vapor Station and Johnson Creek Juice. Not only are the cartos toast, but the juice I put in them is wasted, as well.

I'd appreciate any advice or feedback....thanks!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
I agree. I just threw away a KR8 carto that lasted me a couple of weeks. I just put a couple of drops in twice a day to keep it moist and it kept going and going.

I'm very disappointed in the performance of the LR cartos and I wonder if I got a bad "brand", or if they're all like that. Surely, someone out there has used them with success. Otherwise, why are they even being made and sold?

I don't get it.

skri11a

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Houston
I've yet to have one of my LR cartos go out. They get a funny spit taste to them after the second or third refill and then I toss 'em. I buy mine from provape and they work very well. I only like them for certain juices though, I think they cook some juices and taste nasty. Someone replied to a thread saying that provapes LR cartos were too harsh for them and they found another brand that was good. Unfortunately, I can't remember the brand to save my life.

As for the juice, search for reverse taryn spin. I took the fluid out of several old KR808d pre-filled cartos and transfered them to 510 cartos. I'm sure it wastes a little juice, but at least you salvage the majority.

Edit: Here's a link to what I'm talking about. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-draining-pre-filled-cartos.html#post1378811

Last edited:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Take your thumb nail or a tiny screw driver and push the center post on the carto to one side...see if this makes it work again. I've had this issue as well, and found that the center part of the connection on the carto was not making contact with the battery...a push to one side will raise the other side enough to make contact again. Also, don't condom and spin fill the LR cartos, drip it in and then let it sit for a few minutes...don't know why, but they don't like the other filling method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread