Not open for further replies.

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl

Whytlash

Nov 10, 2010
Washington
The eGo passthru is only a passthru in the sense that it plugs into a usb port and charges the battery. When you vape it is using the battery as usual. So it's not 5v. LR 510 attys work great on it. You don't want to use HV attys on it. I get my LR 510 attys from www.ValueVapor.com - Deep Discount Electronic Cigarettes
They're inexpensive, and VV gives great service. No, I'n not affiliated with them in any way, I just like buying my stuff there.

Hope this helps.

Steve

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
They are meant for use on 3.7v big battery mods to simulate vaping at 5v's

ok, so if you do not use LR on a standard battery, and the sites I am looking at say you do not use LR on a 5v passthrough (I have one of those as well, not the ego passthrough) where and how do you use the LR attys?

Whytlash

Nov 10, 2010
Washington
You don't use a low resistance atomizer on a 5 volt source, passthrough or otherwise, because the atomizer will "pop" in a hurry. Being low resistance, it has thinner wires that make up the heating coil and will allow too much current to flow. When your voltage goes up, your current flow goes up.

"standard battery" usually refers to the standard, low mAh batteries, like the standard 510 battery which is rated at about 180 mAh. A low resistance atty will drain the power from that batt in a short time. A higher mA batt should be used, something with a 450mAh rating or higher. Beyond that, the other issue is the amperage capacity of the switch. Although many people will tell you to NOT use them on an eGo because the switch is not designed for the ampersge load, many (including myself) use them on an eGo without (yet) any problems. In an ideal situation you would use them on a modified ecig, something purpose built with a large capacity battery and a high amperage switch. I use a Screwdriver MKII, and a 3.7v box mod. I also use them on my eGo's.

I hope this helps,

Steve

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
Just started using the bogue soft tip 2.0lr cartos on my EGO a week or so ago. so far so good. From my understanding the really low lr cartos (less than 2.0 ohm) overstress the batts and switch on the ego. As far as hurting the lognevity of the batts, I'm not so sure. In a sense of time/days before needing replacement I'm sure the batts will wear out faster with LR. This will be more because they use more power and have to be recharged more often than the batt being damaged by the lr atty/carto. A battery's life is generally determined more by the number of charge/discharge cycles than how fast it is charged/discharged. Therefore a batt that would normally last 3 months might last 2 months using LR attys; not because it kills the batt but rather because u are charging the battery more often.

I love the warmth of the LR cartos vapor. If I have to buy an extra battery every so often, so be it. Still cheaper and better for me than analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread