Status
Not open for further replies.

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I'm glad to hear this being a new provari owner. Im vaping Halo Malibu Menthol at 4.7 with a 2.4 head, Halo Kringles kurse at 4.7 on a 2.4 head. But when I go to the Halo Menthol Ice at 4.7 I get a burnt flavor. Using same draw and everything.

Is this normal as well?
No one has brought up that it might have something to do with the juice flavors that you prefer. A nice thing about the Provari and VV devices in general, is that you can dial in lower voltages for certain flavors, its just not for high voltage vaping. A lot of my fruit flavors taste better to me around 3.4 to 3.6v in a 2.0 ohm cartotank.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
actually i prefer an unregulated vape over one that stays the same.
I can't say I have ever heard anyone saying they prefer an unregulated vape. I can understand wanting a mechanical mod but mostly that just because someone never notices the battery drain. But wanting battery drain? That is a new one on me. I can understand wanting lower or higher voltages, when I choose too, but when it is against my will, no thanks.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I am happiest sticking with between 6 and 6.8 watts...mostly 6.8. Since I vape menthol, I don't like a really warm or harsh vape. I really don't seem to need VV, VW since the 3.7 volt works perfectly with the juice I use. I mostly use 2ohm single coil, but occasionally use standard ohm..depending on how my PV hits and how tired/stressed I am.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
It's the juice. As long as the coil works and whatever you're using feeds it juice fast enough, you tune to the temperature the juice wants to be cooked at.

Juices seem to respond very differently to power from each other. I'm currently running 2 LR boges in tanks and 3 Vivi Novas. All but one of them are 2.1 to 2.3ohms, and the voltages I like vary from 3.8V to 5.3V. The weird thing is that it seems to follow the juice more than the device. The two cartos are on the opposite ends of the spectrum, and the VNs tend to be towards the high side……probably just because of the juices that are in them.

The odd-ball is the 1.7 ohm kanthal around SS Mesh head I made for one of the vivi novas. It really likes around 5V, which is getting close to the Provari's limit.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm glad to hear this being a new provari owner. Im vaping Halo Malibu Menthol at 4.7 with a 2.4 head, Halo Kringles kurse at 4.7 on a 2.4 head. But when I go to the Halo Menthol Ice at 4.7 I get a burnt flavor. Using same draw and everything.

Is this normal as well?
Yes, its normal, if all factors (heating coil resistance of the attachments being used) are equal. That particular flavor from that particular vendor presents its best flavor at a different voltage. It's up to you to find it's "sweet spot" by adjusting the voltage, most likey lower. Most people start low on each new juice or flavor and adjust the voltage up in incliments until the flavor starts to taste burnt, then adjust the voltage down a little.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I can't say I have ever heard anyone saying they prefer an unregulated vape. I can understand wanting a mechanical mod but mostly that just because someone never notices the battery drain. But wanting battery drain? That is a new one on me. I can understand wanting lower or higher voltages, when I choose too, but when it is against my will, no thanks.

its just personal preference, i like AiV juice and a lot of theyre flavors are really complex. You start off w/ higher voltage w/ the juice tasting one way, and end up w/ lower voltage w/ the juice tasting another way, its like going on a road trip, granted it might not be good for an at work vape which is where i bring my prozap mini, but at home its great for just relaxing.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
I consider my self being a low Watt vaper at around 6W. Been vaping 10 months. But I find that some days I need more of a hit so I go to 7W. problem is that the body gets used to it and it's harder to come down to 6W again and still get satisfaction. It takes few hours to get it back. For past couple of days I've been vaping at only 5-5.5W, it took me three days to get there and enjoy it but it only takes one second to go to 7W and enjoy it...just ranting about it anyway.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Hmm, good topic because I am still figuring that out myself. Only had one juice in it so far. Vaped great until the tank was almost empty then started tasting burned, so I dialed it down. Little better.

When I first got this thing, I put a JC Vea cart on it and instantly fried it! LOL Found out the hard way anything over 3.0 is too high for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread