Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I had always set my eGo twists to low voltages (3.3-3.6) and I thought that might change once I got my provari, I don't know why, but it arrived today and I find I am vaping at the same voltages, some of the juice I have tastes better to me around 3.9 but that is about as high as I go. Btw I mostly use SR stuff 2.2-2.5 ohm the LR and HR stuff seems too hot for me (I dunno that's just what it seems like) I mostly use a vivi nova or boges in a j tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Well you've only been vaping for a few months. I was perfectly happy vaping my 510 for months when I first started vaping (although there weren't a lot of better options back then anyways, LOL) but then as time went on starting craving more. First LR atties, now HV, etc. You may slowly start upping your voltages, or you may stay the same till judgement day. Doesn't really matter as long as it's satisfying you and keeping you off the deathsticks!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I've tried LR's at lower voltages and HR's at higher voltages and I just don't get it, it just makes the juice taste burnt. My gf likes the HRs on the provari, I've tried them and their a bit better than the LR's but still kinda hot.

What part of va? I live in nova.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Some folks, not saying yer one of them, tend to get caught up in the numbers and what voltage they think they "should" be at. The Provari ( and other bigger VV devices) are a different device and you might end up really liking a setting that you wouldnt have expected on an ego....maybe not.

Pre-Provari I only had a 6v unregulated mechanical mod and only ever used 3.5ohm atomizers and I just new that would always be my setup........then I got the Provari. So, went ahead and used a 3.5ohm atomizer and cranked that sucker up to 6v and man did it work, it worked too well.But then my atomizer would start to go out (increased resistance) and I was already at 6v and couldn't adjust.

I now find that my preferred vape is an atomizer in the 2ohm (sometimes lower) range at about 4 - 5+ volts(depending on my mood). I never ever thought I would like that type of setup.

Point is there are so many variable not related to the device itself (draw style, preferred hit, vapor requirement, nic level.....etc) that suggestions can be made but only you can decide what you like. Sounds like you got yerself a sweet spot.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
When dealing with a something like a Provari, you will tend to forget all about the LR and HV stuff and just set a voltage you like. It will not matter what the Ohm rating is once you find a voltage that works for you. It is not like the old days of straight mechanical battery drain problems of choosing between either 3.7 or 6.4 volts.
I myself keep everything at around 10.5watts so I just calculate out what 10.5 watts would be with whatever resistance atty I am using.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No one has brought up that it might have something to do with the juice flavors that you prefer. A nice thing about the Provari and VV devices in general, is that you can dial in lower voltages for certain flavors, its just not for high voltage vaping. A lot of my fruit flavors taste better to me around 3.4 to 3.6v in a 2.0 ohm cartotank.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Yeah, that is definitely true about the flavors, also I am finding that I can go up higher without the rediculous hot vapor (or as much) that you get on a twist. I just need to fiddle around w/ it more.

But man, I am loving this thing more and more each time i vape it hehe.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I do not generally vape over 4V on a 2.4 ohm Nova head. That seems to be my sweet spot. That puts me around 6.5 watts. Any more than that and it tastes burned to me and any less than that is too cool and feels like simply breathing with flavor. The wonder of VV is that everyone can dial in what works for them and enjoy it.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Low volt vaping just makes me noxious. I cant stand the cold vapor

I don't know anymore if I'm low, I vape right at 6.8 watts, which, after some research I found out that most people here prefer ~7 +/- so I guess I would say that I'm average, I don't like a cold thin vape either, but I also don't like a scorching hot one.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I really don't care about watts or voltage or ohms. I got a vmax that I use with some nova 2.4ohm heads. I keep it set around the lowest setting and most of the time I wish it would go lower than 3 volts. I can put the same nova on a twist and run around 4-4.5 volts and be happy as I can. I'm still gonna talk up the itaste I just got. Agree it's a pain for the adapters but it works for me. No analogs since I got it. Really like my baby spinner also.
No more expensive mods for me. I'll just stick to something that works. Good luck in finding that special one.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Like PBsuardo says, whatever works for you and keeps you off the cigs is all that matters. Glad you found your sweet spot.

Not found but it's out there somewhere. Here sweetspot, here sweetspot come on girl I know your there. Come on baby come home.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Its not, i dont think. I recently got a zap, and while i love the gennie hybrids im so glad i have a prozap because im constantly adjusting voltage/wattage, like every time i change to a different juice, or bring it up for a quick vape at work, or bring it down for chain vaping a bunch while at home. My next apv is a sidewinder but while it has a kick compartment and thats a cool option i doubt that i will use it because i think i would be constantly taking it apart to adjst the kick :laugh: actually i prefer an unregulated vape over one that stays the same.

• sent from a dumb iphone so please excuse errors/mishaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread