Lower Nicotine Level - Can that make me tired???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have been really tired for the past 5-6 months and all of the sudden a theory hit me - if nicotine is like caffiene and I have lowered mine nic content down to 8-12mg could that be part of why I am tired (other than being up late on the forum all the time:) ?????

hehe... I'm still up :) Did my taxes last night and 'unwound' on the forum.lol.

Laurae, I had a friend that was vaping at 12mg and was tired all the time - he upped his nic level to 18mg and that woke him up. He went back to 12mg eventually and then was ok but it took a while. Started mixing the 18 with the 12, etc. etc.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I think being up late on the forums is the main culprit here. If it's been 5 or 6 months your body has had time to adjust plus there are many vaping low or no nic and haven't seen any fatigue issues.

If it persist might want to get it checked out.

Yeah - that's why I kinda wanted to check on here - it could be something medical going on.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Yea, nicotine is a stimulant like caffene. If you acclaimate your body to a certain level of constant stimulant, any adjustment would indeed have some effect on your body. In this case, you lowered your stimulant dosage therefore you're more tired. Doesn't happen to everyone, but side effects are quite plausible. Then again, I am not a doctor I am just speculating :)

vapeguy123

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Hey guys I skimmed through the posts and have put that and my own account to come to the conclusion that it is definitely not the PG. I first got my e-cig with no nicotine juice and was still smoking (about 6 a day is normal for me), and then found eastmall.net who has $4 20ml bottles. I decided to get the 26mg strength so that I would vape less and maybe cut it. After my first day of using this juice I've felt like crap ever since (a week later). I'm getting enough sleep but it feels like I've been up for days. Also I liken the effects to an amphetamine feeling (such as adderall used for add), but I'm not talking about the good effects just the coming down part (I was on add meds and when I would stop for any period of time I'd feel this effect). I feel tired.. obviously, my concentration is fine but my memory is off, and I'm kind of a zombie right now. I've also had some sharp pains in my chest. I haven't been overdoing it tho, I vape max 1ml of 26mg at most a day. Someone also mentioned that china uses industrial nicotine, the eastmall juice is dekang which seems to be fairly reputable (albeit not liked by some)but who knows. So in summary there must be some additives that some manufacturers are putting into their juice, be it in the flavoring or nicotine used, but its not the PG as I used 0 nic with none of the aforementioned problems, and its not the night vape as we all smoked before bed without problems. Hopefully this solves this vaping zombies problem, but I'm not kidding myself.

vapeguy123

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Did some more research this makes more sense to me: It is the nicotine and heres whats happening -

Nicotine itself may also block the release of the hormone insulin. Insulin tells your cells to take up excess glucose from your blood. This means that nicotine makes people somewhat hyperglycemic, having more sugar than usual in their blood. Some people think that nicotine also curbs their appetite so that they eat less. This hyperglycemia could be one explanation why: Their bodies and brain may see the excess sugar and down-regulate the hormones and other signals that are perceived as hunger.

Early signs of hyperglycemia in diabetes include:
Increased thirst
Headaches
Difficulty concentrating
Blurred vision
Frequent urination
Fatigue (weak, tired feeling)
Weight loss
Blood glucose more than 180 mg/dL

So I've had frequent urination, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating. I might get my blood checked out to see my nicotine and glucose levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread